Do you hate when someone typically reliable suddenly becomes unreliable?

Not necessarily reliable in a major way.

like, when someone is a reliable texter and usually replies to you within a few minutes... and then suddenly it takes them hours.

🙄🙄🙄 not sure if being ignored or they're just mega high again and forgot they didn't reply.

bugs the fuck out of me.

Most Helpful Guy

• No because people get caught up. Sometimes their phone isn't on them or they're ignoring for a valid reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have (or had?) a girlfriend for many years (at least 12 years relations). We used to exchange messages on daily basis. About three months back when I didn't receive her message for about a week, I delivered her one, also tried to contact over phone. No reply. Days passed. One day I checked her on facebook. There she was (still is) almost on daily basis. Now I don't text her anymore as silent reply was enough.
    But I don't hate her. She is free to text me or not. I will not get myself annoyed or disturbed on her behavior.

Thanks for selecting me MHG.

What Guys Said 14

• Priorities and some more priorities catch up sooner or later.

• It's weird even if your just hooking up with no strings they don't message back right away. If it's known no one wants this to be a relationship then it should be pretty cut and dry. It's almost like a business deal, you text to hook up and thats it, no waiting games and leading on.

Also how old is this guy to be getting " mega high"? There's an age when that becomes corny as hell like after 16.

• I try to reply ASAP but sometimes I'm too busy
    And girls go crazy and scolds me 😶
    When I message someone and they don't reply I usually won't message them ever again until they reply :P

• "bugs the fuck out of me."

Then don't text potheads?

• I understand what you mean.. Does the guy or girl have a job? dropped off of the face of the earth last weekend because my mom died... So it could be stuff like that.

• with your example? fucking hate it

• Yes. Nothing wrong w/ not liking inconsistency. =)

• Means there's a reason. Consider the fact that people have lives and might be busy.

• Haha why I hate messaging.

Shout at someone's face. Reliable responses.

• Haha sometimes, yeah.

• That's annoying.

• it is a thing that I think many hate, including myself

• Constant texting like that can become a bit of a drain after a while. Among many other possibilities, you may have just messaged him a bit much for too long.

Talking to people in person is by far the best way to judge an interpersonal situation.

We didn't text consistently throughout the day. We would send like maybe 5 messages each and then leave it til the next day.

I wouldn't mind that level of texting myself. If he's prone to being mega high, then that could well what's slowing him down at the moment.

Talking face-to-face is by far the best way to judge things.

• Yeah. It's like while I don't expect someone to text me 24/7, I get a little curious or wonder if someone's lost interest if they used to text all the time and respond to texts then after the first date, they take forever, like text you the next day, or they just don't respond at all.

What Girls Said 9

• I go through phases where I text back within seconds, and then some days where it takes me hours. I try and always tell people that I'm having a day where I just don't want to talk to anyone, or if I'm binge watching on netflix and won't be replying.

• No, it doesn't bother me because things happen.

Sometimes people aren't always by their phone.

Nah I get that, but for like a month straight this person usually replies within minutes and for the past couple days it takes like a few hours.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm sure I'll hear from them, I'm just impatient.

Because it's not a super urgent question, but it's still a question I would like an answer to. And we've yet to actually call each other - we typically just text.

Not worth calling someone for an answer that will take like 3 minutes max.

Yeah, well it's frustrating in that case.
      I remember I had someone that took ages to answer me.
      (Only they never texted me immediately to begin with).
      I told them, I'll call them instead.
      They asked me "Why?"
      I said, "Because you'll take two hours to answer :P"
      After that day, they answer me back almost immediately.
      Perhaps, you should mention that to your friend.

• OH MY GOD! I feel the same.
    There is this guy who is doing the same. We went from talking everyday to once or twice in a month! Damn that ugly nugget
    Well, I suggest you to just ignore that person (which is very hard) and try making friend with somebody else

• Depends on how much i like the person. Or maybe i am doing something that doesn't allow me to look at my phone. When i am training horses... i leave the phone somewhere and don't look at it

• I'm kind of neutral when it comes to your example (great one by the way!) It annoys me but then again I'm a terrible texter and I always forget to reply. Lol

Well that's the thing, I wasn't going to reply to begin with so I waited almost an entire day to reply and just played it off like I forgot to respond by saying "oops I never replied 😳"

So I dunno if they're playing the " you took forever to reply so I will too" game or if they genuinely just don't want to / forgot to reply.

• Yes because in some situations it could royally screw you over when you need it the most.

In your case I would wonder if they became busy all of a sudden. Though yeah it would be annoying trying to figure why all of a sudden.

I'm trying this new thing where I don't overreact and sound clingy - with boys and friends in general - but good fuck it's hard to not just send a message saying "orrrrrr not."

• yeaahhh

• It annoys the crap outta me

• Yeah because it strikes me as a surprise. I hate it when my expectations don't get met.