Can I bring pepper spray with me to a concert?

I have a couple concerts coming up, both are in Los Angeles. I'm going to them alone and am going to have to walk from the parking structure to the venue. One of them is close so I'm not as worried but the other one is a bit farther from the parking structure. Since I will be alone and I will have to walk back to my car after dark, do you think I could bring pepper spray with me to the venue, attached to my keys? Thank you.

2mo I meant like do you think I would be allowed to bring it with me? If it's not allowed, would they check my coat pockets?

Most Helpful Guy

• I seriously doubt they would. Security is overzealous on what you can bring in. They had me toss my aluminum key chain just to be "safe". How a 1in oval piece of aluminum is dangerous is beyond me.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're going to the Microsoft theater then there is no need. They won't let you bring it in if they see it. Same for the smaller concert hall nearby. The walk isn't that far from the parking structure and there's tons of people and security patrolling those areas. They even have drones hovering over the area monitoring the place. I go alone a lot and never had a problem. It can be spooky if you're one of the few cars left in the lot but the lights are automated in the parking structure and so they turn on when there is movement. So if you enter when the lights are off, you know no one else has been there in a while. I go there alone a lot and never felt in danger.

Okay I'm going to the smaller venue nearby, it's a 6 minute walk which is close but I'm just a little worried since it will be dark. The other concert is at the Hollywood Palladium. Thank you so much!

What Guys Said 5

• You can try but they might find it in your pat down

So it's illegal? Would they just take it or do you think they wouldn't let me in?

They would probably have you throw it out in there garbage and watch to make sure you actually did then let you in

• I think you can yeah just make sure you don't use it by accident

• Better safe than sorry.

• man u can try I don't know im not security so I don't know whats allowed or not but what i do know is that if i was 2 rape someone they sure as hell wouldn't get a chance to pepper spray me

• What the fuck

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like a safe move