Can someone love someone and cheat on them?

CAN SOMEONE LOVE SOMEONE AND STILL CHEAT ON THEM?

A QUESTION FOR HONEST GUYS!

LADIES WHAT DO YOU THINK?

OPEN DEBATE!

I say it's not possible for someone to love someone and cheat even if they think it's a one off...

Ladies what do you think?

Open debate

HEY Every one thanks for the comments!

Keep them rolling.

It is an interesting question so far we all think cheating is wrong!

TweetByrd has a very interesting comment. It makes sense. Any comments on that?
Many people so far have given answers from the heart. That cheating is wrong. For the people who think it's ok cheat, in my opinion they are selfish and care for no one but they own selfish need. I believe these people are sad for they know no love.
It is not possible say you love someone when you betray trust. It means if that happens that you don't know what love is. True love is for better or worse, true love is loving and being loved back, true love is frienship, trust, loyality.
For those that cheat it means you haven't discovered love yet, as you would not hurt the one you love. It is better to feel a deep connection when having sex with the person you adore than with someone who leaves you empty.
Using people is not a correct thing to do anyway. It is better to tell the person you with that you need time to think about what it is you looking for. If you both love each other, and it's true love, I believe it will never die. True love is beautiful.
True love is excepting each other just the way you are. True love is honesty, truthful and a love that's unconditional. BUT not betrayal!

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe that you can't love someone if you cheat. You might like the person a lot, but you don't TRULY love them. If you truly love someone you will do ANYTHING to keep them from being hurt. There is a paradox to this, however, and that is. If someone was pointing a gun at the person you love and you stepped in front of the bullet. You are saving them from being hurt and saving their life, but you are still hurting them by you dying. But that is a completely different case. When it comes to cheating if you love someone you will never cheat regardless. For those who say yeah you can love someone and still cheat, its just commitment issues or anything along those lines has yet to truly fall in love with someone. I think a lot of people, not everyone of course, but a lot of people truly believe they "love" someone, but in reality they just like them a lot, and like what that person brings to them, could be happiness, togetherness, completeness, or even sex. They really like that about the person they are with, but then go and cheat and say I just have commitment issues. Bull sh*t! If you love someone you will never hurt them no matter what.

GAG Video of the Day

10 Things Guys Wish Girls Would Stop Doing

What Guys Said 21

• Everyone hear me out before you start judging... Some people are saying that it's just wrong to cheat on a person, that it's selfish, and disrespectful... But think about this. You want to be with someone not for them but for yourself. So we are all selfish in that aspect and we are "using" the person we are with. Betraying yourself is the biggest betrayal of all... How about being with someone that doesn't want or like intimacy with you as much as you want it but you love them AND are in love with them? How is it cheating when you are not getting it from a person that "loves" you and you want it from that person and only that person? That is disrespect at it's fullest, especially if you are treating the person good. Many people feel that it shouldn't be all about sex and it shouldn't be a main part of a relationship, but when someone has sex with someone else the person feels betrayed? How is that possible? This also gos along the "I love you, but I am not in love with you" saying that people hear often. Is going to dinner with someone cheating? Is thinking of someone else cheating? Is checking somebody out cheating? Is flirting cheating? Or is it just sex? There are many reasons why people cheat and I am not saying that it's right or wrong. Usually it has to do with what the person that we are with that's just not giving us what we want at the moment, or the "spark" was there with the other person. As far as love gos, you can love just about anything or anyone. Some people feel that since there is "love" then things are expected to be done on both sides of the relationship. People forget that. Another thing is that when it comes to love, you will love yourself first. Loving others before yourself causes you to have expectations with those people, and you will get hurt ... It just depends on the people, the couple, and the situation about cheating. You have to put yourself in other peoples shoes, the people that cheat and the people that don't in order to understand.

• No, a person can not love someone and also cheat on them. A person who does that does not know what love is. By cheating they hurt the person they love. Would you hurt the person you love? Unless your answer is yes start looking for another man.

I bet if you cheated on him he wouldn't be to happy about it. but then again why lower yourself to play his lame games. A person should just move on and find someone worth their time and respect.

• Emotional ties are a semi detached subject from sexual attraction. Allot would have to do with the type of guy you're with. Some have grown up in an environment dominated by male role models who were "players" and as an end result have a difficult time with commitment.

Many married couples report having had cheated on their significant other at one point or another in their relationship and claim they love each other.

"Swingers" are a perfect example of those types of people however at least in that type of situation its mutual.

So to answer your question taking it directly from context, yes, someone can love someone and still cheat on them.

However... Just because you love someone does not mean you're able to sustain a relationship.

• In all honesty, they can. Don't get the wrong idea, I think guys who cheat are creeps at the very least, but some guys just don't have enough willpower to resist a hot woman who throws herself at them. Now, if a guy cheats multiple times with the same girl, or even multiple times with different women, it probably means he's only interested in the sex. Even then he can still love the woman he's with, but that doesn't excuse the behavior in the least. I think cheating is wrong, no question about it, but that wasn't the question asked here.

• someone can love someone and still cheat on them. sometimes the guy or girl just wants something new or different for once. I'm not saying that its right or wrong to do, I'm just saying it happens. but cheating on someone continuously is different to just once. if its just once it could have been spur of the moment and just happened, maybe there drunk or high and thought its a good idea. but if your cheating on someone for a long period of time then I don't think you still really do love them, maybe you feel you have to stay with them or have a commitment to them but if you can cheat on them then you might as well break up with them. the pain(to them) of you breaking up with them is going to be a lot less than the pain of them having breaking up with you after they find out from someone that you were cheating on them.

More from Guys
16

What Girls Said 27

• People make mistakes. I think being too caught up on an idea of "love"- defining it in absolutes like "If you loved me you'd do this and wouldn't do that"- can be unrealistic and undermines the feelings people have for one another.

So I guess my answer is yes, I think someone can be in love and still cheat. However, the cheating would indicate something is wrong in the relationship, like too much stress or a lack of communication or something, but not necessarily a lack of love.

• Interesting! But cheating is still cheating? And on the one you supposed to love through better or worse. Why the need to cheat if it is only to do with communication. Cheating hurts people when trust is broken! The relationship can never be the same again as trust, loyalty would have been broken. Could you trust that person again??

• Couldnt agree more with onemoreplease.

• I go back and forth about this. I don't think that at the time of the cheating they feel they are truly in love. But sometimes, after the cheating, or after their partner leaves them, they realize they are in love. However, I fully believe that even if *they* realize they are in love, that a marriage isn't meant to be if cheating was involved. Stuff happening before the marriage then maybe. But if one can cheat on the other when they're married, there is probably someone better out their for both of them.

• Love is strange. As one can fallout of love and fall in love. That's why this question is a hard one. Does one cheat because they no longer love that person any more and is unhappy and tied down and can't get out. Has too much to loose maybe. I was married for 13 years to a very unhappy marriage but not once did I cheat. I could have. and even though I didn't love him anymore I knew it would have been wrong. Mind you, you get women who cheat as well! I don't know how some people can live them

• Yes, I think it is certainly possible... there shouldn't be the need if you really do love someone in the way I think you mean, but then people are always doing crazy things without always knowing why... I'm sure there are many people who may have cheated on their partner but would never dream of saying it meant that they did not love them. Just as there are hundreds of different people in the world there are different ways of feeling and experiencing love. Its hard debate you've asked for, because there are so many differing opinions people can offer depending on their experiences :)

One thing is for sure, cheating usually only causes heartache and that is something that any person in love should never want to cause.

• no & yes. it depends on the situation because not everything is black & white. there are grey scales.

but for what I'm thinking about no, if someone truly loved you, they would not cheat on you. they would think about how their actions would affect you & would do everything in their power to prevent you from emotional & physical harm.

• i believe that if on is mature enough to realize the consequences of cheating, then they are ready for a relationship.

if they're confused and they like more attention and want to cheat on their partner, they can deal with their consequences and not expect their partner to forgive.

i've never forgiven a guy for cheating on me; I cut it off immediately-then they realize what they have lost and maybe MAYBE they loved me but it's too late.

More from Girls
22