Can he just forget about me overnight?

My ex & I lived together for about 7 months. Things were serious between us, he'd been there for me & my family when my dad died, I'd been pregnant &... Show More

Most Helpful Opinion

• Emotions don't have a set script, and we can't know if he's buried his feelings for you in order to have entered the relationship he's now in. But he has entered a serious relationship, from what you say here.

And it sounds to me like you need to deeply and thoroughly grieve this loss and not prolong the agony or pain by visiting his Facebook page for his status and news updates. To me, it is totally understandable that you are doing this--I think A LOT OF US would do the same thing if in your shoes, but it clearly isn't serving you emotionally or spiritually.

You ended it with him. He may have thought he could be friends, but realised that this was not possible and that he really needed to move on. So please work toward acceptance of what has happened. And do this by blocking your ability to even see his Facebook page, if you aren't sure you can willingly just stop visiting it. He's entitled to move on, and have happiness, as are you. He gets to post stuff on his Facebook page, as that's what most people do!

But you going there is, in my view, VERY unhealthy and not good for you, which you also acknowledge. So figure out how to have a week-long if not months-long barrier between his fb page and your eyes. However you can manage it. Stop salting your wound and keeping your heart bleeding sadness and regret. Heal from this and be in better shape for whatever the future holds for you. This pain will ease in time, but going to his fb page over and over will drag this healing process out indefinitely and make your heart more scarred and tight.

He could have fallen in love. That's the truth of it. And he also might discover down the road that he has some unfinished emotional work to do, by himself, about his past with you. Do your best to not "hope for a future with him", as that, too, will only block your grief and keep you from fully healing. Good luck to you!

• yes you are right ,visiting his face book page is completely unhealthy,coz I have done this before,i even created a fake account on the dating site where we met ,and talk to him daily,but I just did that to find a reason to hate him ,but it's not true at all.