My boyfriend didn't even get me a card for our anniversary, is getting a card really that hard?

My boyfriend and I had our 5 year anniversary yesterday and he didn't even get me a card. I know that money is tight right now for him because he is taking 5 classes trying to get school finished faster but is it too much to ask for a simple card? He has been know in the past not to get a card, but... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• If my boyfriend bought me a card, I would be like, "Why did you waste your money on a piece of cardboard with someone else's sentimental ideas written on it?"

Does he treat you well otherwise? If so, get over it.

• Well, I would say he doesn't treat me poorly, but sometimes it is like I am a roommate and not a mate... I work, go to school, take care of all the bills, the dog, the cleaning, the laundry, shopping, family event planning, even his fantasy football team sometimes... all so he can focus on finishing school, which is the only thing he has to worry about. I just feel completely underappreciated, so I didn't think it was too much for him to spend 10 min at a store to get a card, to make me smile

• Show Older
    • That is a good point, when ever we have a disagreement (which usually turns into more of a debate) he always wants examples. I think I may have gotten so use to giving examples that maybe I no longer mantion that cause and assume he knows.

• I think giving examples can be really helpful for people to understand you (my partner and I use a lot of analogies to get our points across when we disagree about something), but it's still important to make sure you talk about the actual problem. I hope you're able to work it out. :)