My boyfriend broke up with me after 2 years? I'm so sad, help me

I know its long but please read...He broke up with me 2 days ago, after a 2 year relationship, because we were always fighting about his commitment to having a girlfriend. He didn't really put me first ever, I was his first serious girlfriend and he was my 3rd serious boyfriend..Except he is the only one I have been in love with. I love him so much I feel like I can't live without him. It wasn't an angry break up, he told me he still loves me so much but he can't be what I want. He said he can seriously see himself marrying me but he wishes he had met me later. I know he doesn't know what true love is because he doesn't have anyone to compare me to.Its new years eve tonight (in australia it is anyway.. not sure about you guys) and I'm scared he will fall into someone elses arms, I have been told he is shattered over this.We broke up once before and he came back. So I know they come back but do they come back a second time? I feel like he will stick to it this time even though he misses me. He said he will, do people say these things and go back on them?Im so sad I just don't know what to do.How can I get him back and if I can't then how do I move on when we live 5 minutes from each other and always see each other out.We are both 20 years old by the way.HELP

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• I was in a similar situation as you, We were together for 3 years then she came back, now she left again. Its really hard and I don't know what to tell you. What I told myself is that you know what if you are meant for each other you'll find each other again, if not then this is the best thing that could happen although it doesn't feel that way. You have to be careful and not be the girl who will be there when he is done dating around, it de-values you. YOu just have to go out there and try to move on and the best way to do that is try new guys. YOu might see there is something better out there. Or at least he will see you with another guy and that might knock his head, that you are wanted out there and if he wants you, he better come back because some other guy is in his place. I was in the same situation as you are, I wanted to marry my ex, but know we broke up had some time apart, I met another girl, that I have a huge crush on whom I'm trying to persue and she makes me smile, makes me happy and makes me feel things that I never felt with my ex. This might be the best thing just take advantage and if you guys are meant to be you will get together again. Feel free to talk to me or ask questions. Happy new year.

What Guys Said 9

• Get your friends. Take a month or two. Hug it out, talk it out, cry it out. Then bury this relationship. Totally. And NO CONTACT with your ex. At all. Of any kind. Not even to explain why.Then, start dating. You don't have to get into a relationship, but you have to get used to being treated right by guys who like you.IF he comes back--and odds are, he won't--make him sweat a while, and wait a while and make sure he's committed to making the relationship work. Don't let him repeat his behavior.

• You can live without him. Life will go on. If he falls into someone else arms, it wasn't meant to be. The past will not dictate the future so you don't know if he'll come back. You can never "get him back". He has to want to come back. You don't want him back if he doesn't want to go back.Hang out with your friends. One day it will stop hurting a little less than it did before. That's healing. Don't sit around all day checking his myspace or facebook or twitter. There's a whole world out there. Go live it.

• I say all you can do is see what he does. Either he'll realize he cares enough to make you a higher priority, or...well the important thing is this was a 2-yr relationship; I really doubt he's gonna fall into someone else's arms so quick."Just wait" is horrible advice! I know that. I guess my advice is this: it's New Year's Eve there, just go have fun tonight. He'll be thinking about nothing but you tonight, and with it being New Years he's even likelier to get all emotional and decide he'll do what it takes.As for what to do if you have to move on, and live 5 minutes apart (that sucks!)... don't worry about it for now. If that happens, post another question asking what to do, and we'll give you incredible answers.

• PS... new years still sucks balls.the end.

• I've been in this situation... in fact, I was in this exact situation new years last year.I broke up with her because I was scared. Said the same shit he did.I realized that it didn't matter when I met her, that the only important thing was that I found love. how lucky are we that have found love? Many people never find it. better early then never.We are back together...and we are going on three years. I hope he comes to his senses.I don't think I helped you, but be hopeful. And talk to him in a few days. I'm sure you both share a lot of friends... you both have their support.

• 35d

Am so happy to share my experience and testimony here about my happy family which suddenly got broken. am Parker Karen from USA i had a nice family; i was married for 6 years to my husband and all of a sudden, another woman came into the picture the man that used to love me before started picking quarrels with me he was so abusive that when i try to tell him the truth about how i feel and what he is doing is not right for the family, he gets very angry and hits me with any thing he sees around him. but i still loved him with all my heart despite all he has done to me and i wanted him back at all cost. then he filled for a divorce my whole life was tearing apart and i didn't know what to do... he moved out of the house and abandoned me and the kids. so a very close friend of mine told me about trying a love spell means to get my husband back she also use dr. fara love spell to get back his divorce husband. And told me they are very much happy with there relationship. and she introduced me to the spell caster. at first i was surprised and scared so i decided to give it a try reluctantly... although i didn't believe in all those things, then when he did the special prayers, i was so surprised, after two days my husband came back and was pleading for my forgiveness, he had realized his mistakes, i just couldn't believe it, anyway we are back together now and we are now one big happy family we use to be. his contact address Faraspelltemple@gmail. com his spells is for a better life again. tel:+2348071398555.

• You're in a world of pain and confusion now, but remember that your pain won't last. You will recover. Only he knows if he'll come back. But for your sake, stay away from him. Don't call. Don't email. If you live close to him, that doesn't mean you'll see him. You can still avoid his street as much as possible. No contact will help you recover.

• I'm very sorry, but I hope what I write may help...You said you had, had two serious relationships prior to him, so you have had experience, saw what you liked in someone, what you didn't, whereas he has only had one serious girkfriend, leading him to be confused about what he wants, you are most likely a great individual but until he has seen and been with another individual he will never know what it is supposed to be like...I've been with two girls, one was just kind of a shallow relationship and my last was pretty serious I mean only kissing and that nothing to serious but I really liked her...Notice how I didn't say love, because truly I don't know what it is. Well I have a feeling there is this one girl that is probably my best friend but she has a boyfriend and I think I love her, we are always hanging out, and I've never said anything because I realized that friendship is more important because friendships never die. I know that really has nothing to do with you, but back to my point, he needs to meet someone else, he will probably come back...i know I just really emphasized your point but really love is a mysterious thing...you need to date other people too to see what its all about!Hope this helps...

• Sorry to hear that. I think you should just avoid him right now. He said he'll miss you and all this, maybe time will prove that. So I would just give him time and space with no contact. Maybe he'll realize that he was wrong and will want to come back to you because he'll miss you so. It seems like maybe he just wants a break for awhile. You guys are both young and he might just need some time to figure some things out. It's great to be young. Anyway, I recommend just forgive him and forget him at the moment. Spend time with friends, do some of your favorite activities and hobbies, and try new things. Time will tell what was meant to be.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm so sorry you guys broke up, but it's for the best. He made the right decision. Since he made it clear that he does not want a committment it is time for you to move on. You are so young and have yet to begin your lives. You should move on and I know given the proximity of your homes it may be difficult.He cares about you a lot, at least he didn't lead you on and make you think you would have something when he knows he's not ready. Your ex-Boyfriend is not mature enough to commit and doesn't want to mess you over. You should be proud that he cares about your well being.Now be a strong woman and let it go. It's part of becoming a woman and it's better that he treated you well so that you can recognize it the next time you see it. It would be bad if you had a series of guys that just cheated on you and strung you along developing a pattern of maltreatment. Thank him and move on.1. Go out with your girlfriends and meet some new friends.2. Go to some new places that don't remind you of him.3. It's a new year, so make a resolution to move on. In about 7 years you can begin to take him seriously if he wants you back.4. Become friends after you both get over each other. If not someone runs the risk of getting messed over. It seems like you may be the person getting messed over since he broke up with you for your benefit.Good Luck Happy New Year.

• I think that you are right he is not ready for a serious relationship and maybe him dating a few other girls then he will realize what he lost and realize what a mistake he made,... give him time.,... but don;t be at his beckon call every time he wants to talk.

• okay.. this is very hard.do you believe what he said..? that he'll come back to you? similar thing happened to me except he was my first bf.. and we only dated for 5 month but it meant everything.. he said he'll come back to me when I'm 18 but I don't believe that.. during a year.. there's millions of things that could happen. if he really meant what he said then the only person that can decide on what to do is you.. follow your heart.. ask yourself, do you want to wait for him to come back to you..? do you want to get him back..?if your answer is yes to both of the questions then.. hun I support you! Us girls.. we need to believe in ourselves that we can do this :) If seeing him hurts you that much.. why don't you try to be JUST friends with him..? you'll find that you two can be more comfortable around eachother.. try it.. its a great way to start again.. trust me on this.. you'll find that he tells you more about his feelings and maybe you can find out how he feels towards you ^.^I hope I helped you :)goodluck! xoxo ella

• if it's true love, then he will come back. he might find someone else, it might take awhile,but if it's true love, he'll discover that. and it will work out. and if it doesn't work out, then you'll know it wasnt meant to be. you'll find your prince charming, whether it's him or not. (:

• Well said Charlotte, let me gesss you are a romantic. :-)

My name is emma brown, i want to use this medium to testify of how i got back my boyfriend after 8months of seperation, I and my boyfriend broke up on the 12th of August because he felt i was cheating on him with a male friend of mine, i tried all i could to explain to him but he paid deaf ears, i was emotionally devastated because i really did love him until i saw a post on the internet about a spell caster, who helps people gain back their lost love, at first i doubted if it was real because i never believed in spells but decided to give it a try, when i contacted this spell caster, he helped me cast a re-union spell and i got back my boyfriend within 48hours (2days). Contact this great spell caster for your relationship or marriage problems via email dradelabispelltemple@gmail. com...
      if you are out there passing through any of
      this problems listed below:

1) If you want your ex back.
      (2) if you always have bad dreams.
      (3) You want to be promoted in your office.

My boyfriend left me a month ago and he was leaving with another woman who is 10 years older than him, i feel like my life is completely over. I read over the internet how a spell caster have help several people to get there love back. I have been dipresed for the past one month and what i need is to get him back and live with me so i decided to give it a try so i contacted the spell caster called Dr Kasee and explain my problems to him and he cast a spell for me which i use to get my boyfriend back and now my life is complete and i am throughly greatful to this man, his contact email is onimalovespell@yahoo. com Thank you very much and i am extremely greatful onimalovespell@yahoo. com

• i don't know is my answer is too later for you but really hope it will help.your situation is still a lot better than mind since he said that he can imagin marrying you.that mean he still want you back but just now now, right? just let him go, dear. let him explor the women. don't get mad because both of you are just 20. I'm sure he want more exprience and fun not a commitment.try tobe friend with him and keep in touch. but first you got to end the relationship nicely.okay? and don't give up hope! he will be back! telling yourself like that because without hope you would feel so very unsettle and hurt. then the next step is to. give you both sometime to cool down. at least 2 weeks just stop contact him. let he feel that he miss you. then after that try dating other ppl,you know ? I'm not telling you to let him go forever. but I want you to feel that you r. pretty! and there are people out there who want you! feel good about yourself! and this sometime remind your ex of how attractive and beautiful you r. human want what they can't have. so when he feel that you are already move on like he is loosing you he might realize that he want you back! but if thing don't go this way then you maight just want to let him exprience new girl for while... wait! don't be mad~ becoz if you can maintain friendship with him and still talk that is ever better as most rebounce love don't work! so if you two are really mean to be don't worry okay~ my situation even worse. have hope and don't give up! sorry for wrong english and a bit hard to understand. really want to help. ps. don't let he feel that you will always be there for him.remember human want what they can't have! you can talk to me anytime okay~ take care.

• dont let him see it hurts cause then he feel like this can be aregular thing when he wants to take a break. let him see what he's missing. and if it meant to be 2nd time will happen

• Hey. I'm sorry about the break-up.. but I have some really recent experience. My live-in boyfriend of four years broke up with me in november.. and now we are back together. You need to take this time for yourself and do what maybe you stopped doing while you were with him. Cry your heart out for a day or two and then try getting out there and hanging with friends. Don't call or text him. I know it will be like super impossible, but really try to do it. My boyfriend said a lot of the same things, but then he called me one night and invited me over to watch a movie and we've been back together since then. He said he was miserable and that I was all that he could think about. Maybe, he just needs some space to figure out how much he really misses you, but if not you are a beautiful person and will find someone who loves you for you.