My boyfriend broke up with me after 2 years? I'm so sad, help me

I know its long but please read...

He broke up with me 2 days ago, after a 2 year relationship, because we were always fighting about his commitment to having a girlfriend. He didn't really put me first ever, I was his first serious girlfriend and he was my 3rd serious boyfriend..

Except he is the only one I have been in love with. I love him so much I feel like I can't live without him. It wasn't an angry break up, he told me he still loves me so much but he can't be what I want. He said he can seriously see himself marrying me but he wishes he had met me later. I know he doesn't know what true love is because he doesn't have anyone to compare me to.

Its new years eve tonight (in australia it is anyway.. not sure about you guys) and I'm scared he will fall into someone elses arms, I have been told he is shattered over this.

We broke up once before and he came back. So I know they come back but do they come back a second time? I feel like he will stick to it this time even though he misses me. He said he will, do people say these things and go back on them?

Im so sad I just don't know what to do.

How can I get him back and if I can't then how do I move on when we live 5 minutes from each other and always see each other out.

We are both 20 years old by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in a similar situation as you, We were together for 3 years then she came back, now she left again. Its really hard and I don't know what to tell you. What I told myself is that you know what if you are meant for each other you'll find each other again, if not then this is the best thing that could happen although it doesn't feel that way. You have to be careful and not be the girl who will be there when he is done dating around, it de-values you. YOu just have to go out there and try to move on and the best way to do that is try new guys. YOu might see there is something better out there. Or at least he will see you with another guy and that might knock his head, that you are wanted out there and if he wants you, he better come back because some other guy is in his place. I was in the same situation as you are, I wanted to marry my ex, but know we broke up had some time apart, I met another girl, that I have a huge crush on whom I'm trying to persue and she makes me smile, makes me happy and makes me feel things that I never felt with my ex. This might be the best thing just take advantage and if you guys are meant to be you will get together again. Feel free to talk to me or ask questions. Happy new year.