When he says "I miss you" does he mean "I love you"?

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5 months, and neither of us has dropped the L bomb yet. We live over an hour apart and only get to see each other about twice a week. He tells me all the time that he misses me, and always says "I'll miss you" when he leaves. Once, he even paused in the middle of sex to say "I missed you", which the way he said it sounded like a cloaked "i love you". I found it really sweet at the moment, but afterward I though it was a little odd and wasn't sure how to take it.

He's a self-proclaimed emotional guy in general, but is very good at disguising it. I'm not insecure about his feelings for me at all, in fact I'm almost positive we feel the same way. I'm just curious... When guys say "I miss you" all the time is that dude code for "I want to say something I'm not ready to say"?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 1

• Selected as most helpful

sounds like it. sounds like he's a bit unsure how you're going to react to the L word, so he's kinda working his way up to it and testing the waters.

• maybe he's hoping you'll say it first

• I thought maybe it was a testing the waters situation. We took things slow in the beginning and I was the one who finally brought up the commitment thing, which he confessed he was just waiting for me to do... he's obviously a very cautious guy, so this make sense too. :)

• Usually "I miss you" just means "I miss you". There's no hidden meaning to it. Guys most of the time say what they mean. Don't try to read into every little thing. It's only been 5 months. Maybe he just needs more time but I don't think I miss you means anything other than I miss you. Take it fir what it is.

• Aww okay. Goodluck:)

• Yeah now I definitely think he's waiting for me. I actually already decided I was going to say it the next time I see him. Even if he isn't ready I know he has strong feelings and isn't going to run away, so either way it's fine. :)

• Lol okay. Well I think maybe has very strong feelings for you but maybe he isn't ready to take the next step and say I love you. He probably just needs more time or if you want, you can say it first. The guy doesn't always have to be the one to say it first:)

• Show Older