Should a teacher date a former student?

I am 20, and the teacher is 30. Do you think that it is weird for us to date? Feel free to explain why you feel the way you do.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, I voted yes, to the title question. But the question in the writing is the opposite, which do you mean for the poll. Anyways, if you are not his student anymore, especially beings you have been out of high school for 2 years now, I would say that it is alright. If it had been right out of high school that may have been a little tougher. Age doesn't matter when it comes to feeling and the fact that he used to be your teacher doesn't change that.

• I voted "NO" because I interpreted it as the title question.

I saw just the title question and poll choices while I was answering another question.

And yes, something IS wrong with this picture

First of all, the difference between 20 and 30 is STILL a big deal

Being a former student of him makes it worse.

The police made a song about this actually

• Yeah, but you're 26 so it's less of a deal

26 and 36 is not too bad

On my end, I'm 22

22 and 12 is really, really illegal in just about every country you've heard of

If you elect to use the half +7 rule

the youngest a 30 year-old should date is 22

And anyway, anybody that knows her to be one of his (former) students can make a complaint and cause him all kinds of hell. There are more things wrong with this scenario then there are right.

• Okay, I'm sorry, I guess I didn't mean to let on that I thought 12 and 22 was okay, because I don't think that is. But I think once you pass 18, you are an adult, and it's only your call how much older than you you want to date.

What Guys Said 7

• If you both can deal with the general muttering when people discover how you met, then go for it.

• Hah, the only reason I say yes is because my parents met like that... If you can get over the student-teacher relationship, you'll probably be fine.

• Go ahead if it feels right.

I remember one of my teachers were 24 and all the girls in his class basically liked him, all the girls were 17 year olds. Too bad for the girls, this teacher had a girlfriend that was a total babe and 21.

• He was 24 when you met, And if he had an interest in you a year after graduation then he had an interest in you when you were 14. There is a fine line here that is going to be crossed if it hasn't already, but he could take some serious heat for this and potentially loose his job.

• If you are no longer in a student-teacher relationship then it should be fine. There is a bit of an age gap there, but as long as there's some commonality for attraction then enjoy.

More from Guys
2

What Girls Said 14

• I've got to answer again, I know it's a month later but it seems like people are forgetting that really young girls are actually starting to go out with old men... I don't see a problem with this because it is their choice and if they are happy then fine. Age should not be a concern in this case.

• I agree with the other answers. There isn't much point in me repeating what was said... but I don't think the age gap is really that big a difference. I look at it this way... as long as the person isn't old enough to be your parent then go for it lol - but then again even then it doesn't always mean the age gap is that extreme...

• I don't think its weird for y'all to date and I definitely don't think the age difference is a problem

• i think you should go for it. you really can't help who you are attracted to. there's nothing holding you back..have fun take chances = )

• It would just feel weird to date someone who I used to see as an authority figure or whatever.

More from Girls
9