Valentine's Day is "Torture"

Whenever you hear about February; the first thing that comes to mind will be Valentine's day...the festival of lovers....meh

Seeing Valentine gifts and Valentine decorations at the stores has a certain effect on single people

......its plain TORTURE. Let me explain WHY.

1. It makes us feel like sh*t

2. It reminds you that there's no one out there for you

3. All you wanna do that day is stay at home instead of walking outside and watching couples showing their "love" to each other....

its one of the days i can't stand at all!!!

How it makes you feel?

#ForeverAloneTeam

912
zombiebabe is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• honestly I always been single so never spend my VD with someone but that never bother me.

Here what is I find difficult with loneliness (real one so no more family) :
    - spending Christmas alone, that did not bother me at first but now its the 5th year I spend it alone and that's suck
    - going to the hospital alone, I had to get a minor surgery but packing your things alone then waking up and no one is here for you except the medical staff, that's suck
    - going back to your native town and house and you are alone in the house, all the memories of your childhood, parents, that's suck
    - the idea that you are being alone when you get old, that's scared the shit out of me and I really hope than I'm gona die in my late 50" or early 60" cause I don't want to spend my 70-80' alone, slowly decreasing -_-

Those are the four things that I find difficult to bear with loneliness, spending VD alone is a piece of cake compare to that, at least imho.

• oh never saw things this way if it was a question you would have got MH

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not single but still don't find Valentine's day particularly enjoyable. I mean.. it's not like my boyfriend and I can't stay in and watch a movie while cuddling and whatnot, after eating at our favourite restaurant, any other day of the year, y'know?

Sponsored

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 11

• You have the power to change the single situation though. And i'd argue more power than guys - at least for that one day... Yes i know long term relationships are a different story.

• *facepalms*

• Whaaaat lol?

I didn't say anything that isn't true. Rather than considering it torture and how it makes you feel shit, why not embrace it and change your situation?

• you don't know my situation

• Honestly, I don't feel any of those. I don't believe in love and I am against it. "The One" doesn't exist, for me or for anybody in the world. And I don't do serious relationships. So I am really not bothered by Valentine's day. I actually see most of those "happy couples" as losers really. They are so weak that they feel incomplete without another person. And they are ready to let some dumb chemicals in their brain run their lives. Thats really sad. I actually feel grateful that Im not one of them, they just remind me how my life is fucking awesone!

• Fuck America. Findland and other places like Korea have it right. In South Korea they even have a singles day where you get to eat free noodles. And in Finland you get to give valentines to your friends.

• errrr ok bro

• @BeHappyCloud Hahha sounds awesome I am moving to china even if it is free food for one day its still worth it :)

• Lol well I'm not exactly sure if it's just free food.. but they do have shopping deals and whatnot for single people to make you feel less alone 😂

• I actually agree , also mother's day I swear it's torture for people who lost their moms, I don't think these days should be celebrated you don't need a day to show your love to your SO you got the whole yr

• Thanks for sharing with us , i totally agree Valentines Day can suck
    when you have no one special yes it does suck. Best wishes

xoxoxo

• Doesn't bother me at all, I been single for a long time and Valentine's Day is nothing to get upset about. That is unless you feel bad on that day which I can understand as it's a day of love.

• Well, I'm single, but I'm happy with it. There's benefits to being single. #ForeverAloneTeam

• Valentine's Day was invented by Hallmark to make you buy cards. So, buy some cards.

• Why does it get you so upset? Being single on VD doesn't bother me much - I treat it like every other day. Not a fraction as bad as spending Christmas in a town where you don't know anyone.

Unless you go by a chocolate store or something, you can easily avoid even realizing it's VD. Well, if you avoid the annoying TV ads too, I guess.

• see! its what am talking about... even tho i avoid watching VD-related stuff... i'll still see it even if i don't want to

• You might not be able to completely avoid seeing it, but you can avoid letting it bother you. If it bothers you that much you must feel really insecure about not having a sig other, regardless of whether its VD or not.

• Yep this is exactly how I've been feeling recently. I posted a question about this too: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2280153-with-one-week-until-valentines-day-are-any-other-singles-out-there

What Girls Said 8

• I loved Valentine's day even when I was single. For years I celebrated it alone or with family or friends, and it still became one of my top favorite holidays. That's because I never chose to look at it as something that focused on romance alone. It doesn't have to be like that.

• Ya I hate it too. Even if I have a long-distant relationship, I feel like it's not fair to others, and personally, since I never see my boyfriend much, it makes me want to cry. I get it if you're changing gifts and blah, but stores and people should be more aware and considerate of single people.
    I hope you find someone who loves you!

• I'm alone and feel lonely a lot too, but I don't feel any of those things you mention. Maybe it's because I've come to a point where I've become numb/indifferent towards all that... and I've also learned to ignore.

• Finally someone admits why so many people hate Valentine's day lol I always hear it just a commercial holiday, it pointless, and blah blah blah.. yeah and deep down inside you want to do all those cheesy couple things with someone too. XD

• I don't like Valentine's day because when I was younger my mom took me to a funeral home to see my grandma's body. I'm not worried or upset about being alone for that 1 day.

• I feel like I'm the only who doesn't care about being single on Valentine's day.

• The first picture... poor Cupid :(

• last meme is gr8 :D