Single Awareness Day: Ideas for Spending Valentines Day Solo

Single Awareness Day: Ideas for spending Valentines Day solo

Where are all my Single people at?

This Valentines Day you don't need to feel sorry you don't have a date, Nor are you burdened with having to buy expensive things for your significant other on a day that is just as normal and bland as the other 364 days a year. You can celebrate as a single person! Here are some of my ideas on how to treat yo'self this Singles Awareness Day.

Dress Up for Dinner with yourself

Yes you heard me right dress up for a solo dinner date. Ladies wear a nice dress, skirt,blouse,heels, flats, tights,leggings, etc.. Guys wear a suit and tie,polo shirt, kakhis, or a sweater vest. Take yourself out to eat at you favorite place. If you want the Chicken Scampi at Olive Garden go for it! If you're feeling up to Red Lobster why not? Its yourself you are treating do it for you!

Go Bowling or to a fun center

Spending time playing mini golf,arcade games, laser tag, or bowling is an awesome solo date. Sure its fun with friends too. But just go and have fun!

Binge Watch Netflix,Hulu,DVD seasons of TV Shows

Why go to the theater and see Fifty Shades of Sexual Abuse when you can stay home and watch Game of Thrones, Family Guy, Fraiser, The Walking Dead, or whatever TV show you binge on. Get yourself some snacks and a comfy spot and sit down for a good marathon with no commercials.

Get a Mani/Pedi or other spa treatments

The spa is a wonderful way to treat yourself. You can get a massage, facial, mani,pedi, hair style, or even a sauna steam all for yourself!

Remember that Feb 15th is Half Price Candy Day

Yes! The valentines candy will be half off the next day! So go out and buy it!

#Singleawarenessday

#Itsgreattobesingle!

smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 13

• I would be most likely working. There are a couple of girls at work who are single. So we'd probably buy each other flowers and chocolates so we don't feel left out. Our boss buys handmade cupcakes that have Valentine's Day stuffs on them which he gives to everyone. One each lol

Binge watching now movies sound awesome! I would do that if I had time after work to

• great idea!
    i like
    #ForeverAloneTeam

• Valentines day is just a lame day. Anyday can be Valentine. Business and stores are the ones who gain with this holiday and the $$$ they bring to their stores not because it is a super special day. You can celebrate Valentines with your SO any time of the year.

• I'm probably going to go hide somewhere in case my ex tries to drop by and try to try to get back together again lol. It's a good day to go have a selfish day if single♡

• Yes, I totally agree with you. Instead of people being bitter, they should just treat themselves with lots of love.

• half price for anything yay

• Its my birthday so i will celebrate it.

• These are all good ideas. I'm thinking I want to go to my state library. I can also leave notes in books for future readers.

• I'm doing homework!

• just do what you do in evry other day. In the end, it's the same.
    Or just hang out with friends and pretend they're your date so you can buy valentine specials lel

• Like that. I go bowling every weekend :-). reason I'm single is because I'm not looking really :-)

• Great ideas!❤️

• I will be getting my nails done on Valentine's Day. I'm excited about this

What Guys Said 23

• Not sure about the first one cause you'll see heaps of couples kissing and being lovey dovey at restaurants which will make you feel really shit. But the idea of dressing up nice to feel great about yourself is good.

• I love to go out to the local Sushi Bar and have a great time by myself. I engage the couples at the bar, asking them how they met etc. They almost always ask why I'm single. I always tell them because it's a lot more fun to be free. Besides, I tell them, I'm waiting for my Princes to rescue me!!! ;)

• Another suggestion? Watch a romantic comedy movie. More romantic than real life! Celebrate VD vicariously!

• I don't think it's okay to spend Valentine's day alone, I mean people should love each other and everyone needs that special person in our lives, of course Valentine's day it's okay that it should be celebrated, it is also useful to warn people that it's sad and not cool to be alone.

• It's nice to console yourself if you are alone on Valentine's Day, but this sounds like sour grapes. if you had the chance to have a partner in your life, you would choose that option. . . wouldn't you?

• I've always been single and have always hated it, however, I feel like I will never be in one either.

• I'm good. I got a friend. :)

• Or I can go about my life like I do the other 364 days of the year. I was on a date with a woman a few years back and she told me of her Valentine's day ritual and I was instantly turned off. She'd go to the goodwill store with her single friends and theyd all buy old prom dresses. They'd then wear their prom dresses, eat ice cream and watch rom coms. I just found it sad in a pathetic sort of way.

• I was single literally every Valentine's day, and I will be single this one too. I just never gave a fuck about this. I don't believe in love, I don't believe in that bullshit about "the one", I don't do serious relationships. So I am legitimately happy this way. I guess I don't feel incomplete like those idiots do

• Im am motivated by your words.

• @Saudiboy151 Im glad. Maybe I write a take on this soon, I see many young people unhappy because of this, and its all because they look at things and do things the wrong way.

• Yeah, I scored on Hershey Kisses right after Christmas...

• so SAD = single awareness day?

• i will be at a STRIP CLUB... usually 2 for 1 drinks and dances... LOL

• I take the money I would have spent on a girlfriend and spend it on something I want instead. Last year was a steak dinner. This year? I'm thinking P90 submachine gun and some incendiary rounds.

P90 - $1600
    Ammo - $3 per round
    Single on Valentine's - $3000
    Immolating a thief that broke into the wrong fucking house - Priceless

For everything else, there's a whole metric assload of Fuck You.

• @rgb008 Which one of these are you doing?

• lmaoooo gonna dress up and then spend the night on pornhub

• Go to the bar and pick up on all the chicks that are drownding their sorrows about not having a partner on Valentines Day. Just swoop in on their dunk asses like a vulture.

Not with anyone on Valentine's Day Honey? Well now you are.

• Does anybody really need to be aware of singles?

• lifting heavy ass weight works well for me :)

• Hooter's is also giving free wings to singles that day

• Nothing more sad than the look on a single woman's face on Valentine's Day

• More from Guys
    3