If a girl is rejected because she is deemed too overweight to date but then loses weight. Does the rejector deserve to be rejected?

Say a guy was trying to pursue a girl that was overweight who was otherwise minding her own business. He likes everything else about her except her weight. But when she decides to pay attention and end up liking the guy he proceeds agree to anything else but date her unless she lose the weight. He rejects her especially since he had falsely assumed overweight or obese people are easy sex and she didn't put out yet he's still interested but afraid of what it will do to his image if he dates an overweight person. She loses the weight and now he's more interested than before. Is she obligated to give him the time of day especially after she was humiliated for nothing?
  • Yes
  • No

88

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to say, i've been in a similar (not the same) situation. I was the fat girl, constantly being rejected back and forth by guys I liked. They liked being around me and talking to me, just never wanted to date me or even worse, date me but in secret (yeah, shitty I know..).

I finally decided I was done being the fat girl and over 4 years lost 90 lbs. (Amazing how cutting back on eating and exercising works…) I have to say, a lot of these same guys who rejected me before and now asking me out left and right. My attitude at first was to reject anyone who rejected me… but losing the weight has def. given me a different perspective on life. I've given some a chance, but they have to work even harder for my attention. ;D

This guy… seems way insecure about what other people think. And that's not the guy you want. If it's not your weight he has image problems with now, his other insecurities will show. And may bring you down in other ways. This guy sounds like he has issues. If he really wants things to work, let him work for it! But I'm sure there are better options out there.

• I agree for sure.
      The issue is is because I only even gained weight (70-80 lbs) because I was put in Paxil for severe depression and anxiety for other horrible things. I was always skinny at one loint too skinny until I took the medication which not only did not help me, it made me gain the weight, attract this situation (since fat girls are easy, right?) and dig me even deeper into depression. Thank you for letting me know Im not alone. I don't know how people overcome over and over.