My boyfriend broke up with me based on impulse, and a rumor he heard. Can we work it out?

So this guy named Kian and I are both freshman in college and we have been dating for a few weeks. This past Friday we both went to a party and got pretty drunk. When I showed up to his frat house, I found him but then didn't see where he went so I got scared that he had gone to the third floor with some other girl but he had just gone to sleep. I wasn't going to go to bed so I stayed up and all of my sorority sisters had left because I told them I wasn't going to leave without Kian, so I leaned onto my two friends Riley and Isaiah for support because I was pretty much left by myself since Kian was asleep in another room. During that time, Riley who is my (ex) boyfriend's best friend was trying to kiss me because he was just as drunk as me if not more. I had told him that it would be wrong to do that to my boyfriend, but other people in that house had spread a rumor that we had made out and my boyfriend got really pissed. We decided to go home and Kian would not talk to me so I called him the next morning and thought everything would be ok if I just talked to him about what happened but before I could he broke up with me and told me things were over between us because of what he heard. It's been a day since we've talked becaue I'm trying to give him time to cool off, but eventually I am going to talk to him and tell him my side of the story. He hasn't changed our relationship on Facebook yet so I'm hoping that's a sign that he's not completely done with "us" yet.. I honestly am so upset right now because I don't want to lose him and I just want to work things out without having to go through an actual break up. What do you think I should do with this whole situation? Anything helps, thank you!

• Give him space and let him come to you
    40%(2)33%(3)Vote25%(1)
  • Talk to him tomorrow, you already let things cool down
    40%(2)44%(4)Vote50%(2)
  • Give him a few more days then talk to him
    0%(0)11%(1)Vote25%(1)
  • Forget about the whole thing and move on!
    20%(1)12%(1)Vote0%(0)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well that's definitely a really shaky start to a relationship since you've only been together for a few weeks. Especially since he's in a house with a guy who tried to make a move on you. That's some serious high school level drama and maturity that's happening. You might just want to move on from this because it's probably not a good idea for you to be hanging out with him when that other guy is around which is next to impossible since he'd be at every party. He also is a little immature even for an 18/19 year old for not talking to you and just ignoring you.

• I understand what you're saying and I value your opinion but he was also cheated on by his last girlfriend so I think that's why he's worried and suspicious. You know what I mean?

• I know, and maybe his best friend likes me but he also has a girlfriend.. and I can just stay away from him if we do end up back together?

• Yes you should stay away from him completely

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would you want someone who would drop you over a rumor? Good riddance 😆

What Guys Said 3

• I'm pretty sure you can both hash this out, especially since he hasn't heard your side of the story yet, which is presumably the truth, so yeah just try to get him to listen. but damn girl, he broke up out of impulse based on imperfection information, which were rumors. I'm not saying it's not a good idea to get back with him... lol

• Take notes of the people who were there and spread the rumors, talk to your boyfriend about it and agree to spread rumors about those who spread them about you two.

• Well just let him cool off and explain to him that nothing happened... And that it's just a rumor...

What Girls Said 0