Is it better to keep your ex blocked?

Does every one block they exes and does it help having them blocked or does it push them away further to never contact you again or is there chances they will still text you?

157

Most Helpful Guy

• Observe:
    I see all these posts about EXes... Why does my ex not like me? This and that about an ex... should we get back together...

An EX means.. in the past. In my life, after any break up, an EX is out of my mind. I move on almost immediately and never think of, try to contact, check up on, etc...

Breakups happen for a reason...

I'm not talking about someone who moved away... I'm talking about relationships that ended due to cheating, abuse, incompatibility and such...

Who CARES about an EX? Who cares about what an EX thinks of them?

Then "breaks"... what's that all about? all this is is an admission you can't commit in a relationship. Taking a vacation from a relationship isn't going to fly.

ALSO... getting back together after a breakup.. or chasing someone to get back together... sorry folks, the same issues are gonna be there.

This "closure" What's that about? No such thing... So what? It's over.. there is your closure.

Move on... where you found one guy/gal, there will always be more.

• Dude seriously. As someone who got out of an abusive relationship, I wish it were as similar as "move on", it isn't. It might be for you, but it's not for a lot of people. We may want it to be, but it's not.

• I agree... put the past in the past... that's how I roll. So what if they were abusive... even more reason to leave them in the past.

• That's not what I'm saying. I've left that person in the past, but it isn't as easy to leave the feelings in the past

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, block it and throw the key away. I know it may be hard but don't give someone the unlimited access to you and which will also tempt you into messaging them as well. The further you stay away the quicker you'll accept the reality of it that that person is either toxic or not worth it.

• won't they still message if you have them blocked on whatsapp do they still message even if you have them blocked?:(

• Don't worry yourself whether they do or don't. That's what keeping you around because you want reassurance that he's still chasing you and entertaining you. Don't give yourself satisfaction from temptation because you'll only stress yourself out. You'll start from there , snooping on their social media page , and trust me it's not worth the headache.

What Guys Said 6

• in rare cases both people want to stay friends and that's okay. Depends on how you feel and what you are trying to do in your life... if they are psycho or not. Lots of stuff

• if you're having trouble moving on then yes. its best to block and forget.

• Block them, unfriend thenm, and avoid them. just better to keep away.

• My exblo ya ex deleted me off everything but Facebook but still has pictures of us on Facebook.

• it should say my ex deleted me off of everything but Facebook. she still has pictures of us on Facebook

• block your ex... unless there is a child involved.

• I don't even bother. Most people never bother me twice. It's one of the perks of being male.

What Girls Said 14

• I think that it's good to keep your ex blocked when you've moved on and your ex is becoming an issue in your new relationship or if you had very serious feelings for them and by blocking them it's easier to get over them, in my opinion.

• Always better to keep your ex blocked. Helps you move on. And my ex makes new accounts every now and then to try talk to me and I always block! He was abusive so maybe it's different

• I blocked all of my exes, except for the ones that I'm still cool with (I dated them in high school so I don't count them lol). Anytime I left that line of communication open they would always try to get me back and just use me again and I got tired of it. Life has been better since!

• If you hate eachother or one can not move on? Yes, block

• I don't block them, I just delete their number. There can be a chance they will text you, but yeah ex = exit.

• "Push them away further" ? Isn't the point of making someone be your ex TO push them away?

• I mean if you guys just broke u then yes it does help your heart heal faster. I am still really good friends with some of my ex's so there is still a possibility that he will text you. But If you told he straight up that you don't want to be friends again then he won't contact you.

• I blocked mines for a reason don't want anything to do with him. If he did text me I wouldn't reply

• I didn't block mine straight away, because I didn't feel I needed to. But then he wanted to get back together, wouldn't accept no for an answer so I blocked him.

• it depends.. if he cheated block his ass! if u cheated u don't have to block and don't expect him to text u..

• i don't block them

• but i don't contact them and they don't contact me. also wanted to note that getting back with exes never turned out well.

• block them delete their msgs and move on like they domt exist

• It depends.

• Yes.. If you are i relationship With someone else your ex should be blocked so that you dont have second thoughts about it..