Why are pretty girls single?

So my best friends and I are all pretty attractive, down to earth females, but for the most part, we're all single and have been for years. I was just wondering why do girls like us end up being single meanwhile girls who are less attractive or less "quality" end up being in relationships.

80210

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you done anything to rectify that? I mean not knowing what you and your friends look like, you might not actually be that attractive. But assuming you are attractive, that would also mean that the average guy is going to be less willing to approach you, because he might think you are out of his league, lack the courage or simply assume that he'd fail, so he doesn't do it. This means that the amount of guys who approach you will be lower than for the less attractive girls. This is increased if you tend to stick to being in a group with your friends, do something that makes you look busy like being on your phone or otherwise seem unfriendly or occupied. And only after all that which has probably dropped a lot guys already, we got to the point where the guy who approaches you has to be up to your standards, which depending on what they are, might also drop a lot of guys off. Assuming high standards here, that would mean only the confident and attractive guys and few of the average guys who manage to rally the courage to approach you have a chance. But since confident and attractive guys have a lot of choices other than you and your friends already, on account of being generally desirable for most women, that means that the number of guys in the pool you and your friends can pick from is going to be a lot smaller than for a girl who might be less attractive, but is more open and welcoming in her behavior and looks. Especially more so if she is willing to be the one making the approach aswell.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I kind of understand this. I have been told that i'm really pretty and have a great personality. I was feeling frustrated that I was single for so long even though all my friends (guys and girls) constantly tell me i'm a catch and have a great personality and assume i can have whatever guy I want. But its not true. I have so much trouble approaching boys and being myself, because most of the time i feel intimidated. But what I'm slowly coming to realise is that I am just extremely picky and have very high standards (not just looks, and def not about money) because I only want to date quality humans who I am also sexually attracted to. Not one or the other. That is really the reason i've been single for so long because i'm sometimes feel like i'm chasing after unicorns. But at the same time, I would be disrespectful to myself to lower my standards. The few times I have, I did not feel so great afterwards.

by the way I really hate all the responses some of the others have posted, that automatically assume you are an up-yourself bitch with no personality. I think you can be confident in yourself and know you are pretty or have other great qualities, while still being down to earth and grounded in reality. It's just having a good level of self esteem, and doesn't automatically mean you're arrogant.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Sooner or later you will come to realized... You need to get pollenated before your petals fall off.
      Ah, the bitter pill of lowered expectations.

• You thoughts are great ♥

• Ms. Anonymous. Where are you from?