My ex boyfriend's friend likes me

Me and my ex boyfriend broke up about 2 months ago. He broke up with me. Things didn't end great, he still wanted to stay in contact with me and I didn't, and a couple of times when we have seen each other he has tried kissing me. He was very much acting like he was still with me, but I felt like he was messing me around so I told him we wouldn't speak anymore.

Anyway I bumped into one of his friends who was talking to me and saying how I am too good for my ex, and all of his friends are telling him that. He also said that he would like to take me out on a date. Said I'm a really nice girl and stuff.

I'm not really sure what to do in this position, do I tell him that it would be a bit awkward for me to go on a date with him? I don't want to look like a slut or anything.

40

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion you should never cross that line (going out with your ex's friend, brother etc) it depends how much you like this new guy, if you really like him and you can see it going somewhere then both of you should confront your ex and if he understands and wants you to be happy then give it a go. Or go on a date but say to this new guy I just want to go as friends, cos you never know you might not like him after your first date then that way you didn't do anything wrong you only went out as friends there's nothing wrong with that. However be careful, this might not necessarily be true, but your ex might have asked his mate to do that to test you, you never know, plus his really a good friend of your ex's if his asking you out on a date and slagging his mate off saying he wasn't right for you etc..

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Well, that is something to question.

Considering your ex broke up with you, and you aren't speaking anymore, I don't see why not.

Still, be wary. He could say some hurtful things, it's prob not that he believes them, it's just that he's jealous. He most likely will be mad at his friend, so talk to this guy about the possible fallout of their friendship, and if it's worth that to him.

As long as you just talk it out a little, I don't see why not!

• I have been in a similar situation and trust me you do not want to go out with him. You may think you do but you really don't. It may be a plot between the two friends to see just how cheap you are. After he gets you to bed (which is his aim anyway) he'll dumped you faster than lightning and brag to his friend(your ex) how he got you good. And if it isn't a plot and he really is sincere about it then go ahead and date him but only after you ask him if your ex is comfortable with it. Make sure there's no tension between you and your ex. There's absolutely nothing wrong if the both of you are friends.

• I BELIEVE UR IN THE SAFE... HOMIE IS GONNA LOOK LIKE A DICK THOUGH. SO WEAR UR HELMET!