Should I cheat on my husband?

Been married for 8 years. Never cheated even though my husband always suspects I have/I am. I love him but was never really in love with him. If I am being truly honest he was just a guy I was messing around with as a rebound from a heart breaking relationship. However i got pregnant and we wanted to do the right thing for a our child. I have tried to leave but my resolve gets weak when he cries or threatens to kill himself (which I think he will do if I leave). He doesn't satisfy me sexually or emotionally. I have tried to train him but we just don't seem to click (no passion, or fires burning here) he doesn't give me any space, constantly going through the phone or bag and computer to see if I am cheating. I have to account for every minute away from him or he PISSED. I can't have any friends because according to him he is the only friend I need. I am so tired of this, I fell into a deep depression for years and had to take pills just to function. Now I am finally on the other side of my depression and defying him by getting an education and going out more. In 8 year of marriage we have been on 4 dates. I literally begged him to do more stuff with me and about the little things that mean so much but nothing. It's not like we go out it's even fun because he literally hates anything different and new and just complains. He wants me barefoot in the kitchen pregnant type and I want to travel and have new experiences type. I am suffocating and need some relief. I get compliments when I go anywhere and I know he hates it, when we go out people say you have a beautiful wife he often brings it up on the ride home ," you think your something huh? you like when people give you attention huh?" To be even more honest he not my type at all and I know that plays a part in sexual frustrations but honestly thought I could grow to love him and be more attracted to him, I even asked about bringing a another female into relationship, which I still regret asking because he just cry
I am tired of feeling small. I want someone who can make me feel something and I can feel something for even if it's just temporary at least it can carry me through the 50 + years of mundane. My husband often jokes about being a "Sith lord" but we both know it's TRUE he is aniken. I am just too soft to leave him, knowing what he will do. And if he finds out he will probably kill me but it doesn't even matter as staying like this forever makes me want to kill myself.
I have tried leaving and after crying for what felt like hours he went to basement and fired his gun. I and was so scared I would find his body that night but he didn't go through with it and I told I would stay. I know it sounds dumb but he doesn't deserve to die because I don't love him.

1647

Most Helpful Guys

• Okay, I read your post and I'm guessing he was a good provider which is why you picked to marry him. Second, be honest. You got pregnant on purpose. Women have the final decision to have a baby or not plus there is how many different forms of birth control to go along with that so you could have protected yourself. The way you stated you got married to do the right thing for your child. I believe you knew what you were doing. Third, the reason why you married him is that he is a good provider as I stated above. Meaning you love him not in love with him says it all. You thought over a period of time you'd find some attraction but him not trusting you is making you lose attraction for him. The truth is you married this guy because you were looking for a long-term prospect. Now I'm betting he isn't the type of men you were with before you married him. My advice is not to cheat on him but get a divorce. Then when you do don't look to get everything he has. Child support yes he is obligated to pay that but alimony if you are working is ridiculous. Unless you want to add to the number of men out there reading this story and then going MGTOW and not getting married then go right ahead. If you can support yourself, do that then. Far too many women out there who take advantage of the system and then give women a bad name and then guys like me who have never been married say screw this. It's something to think about but my advice is if you are not happy to leave.

• So for those that say get counseling I have tried and he refuses to go. For the guys that say I had a choice this no excuse but I got pregnant as i got off my long term bc that was making me an emotional mess. After having it removed i was starting to gain clarity little by little and got pregnant when a condom broke shortly after. Also he not the provider i am, he is an artist who I have supported for years. I make more and he has to get alimony and child support if I leave him. Personally I don'tcare he can have the money. Secretly for the last year I have been going out to eat by myself. I love the feeling always wish I could do it more often or stay out longer. In the st 6 months i started school again for my grad degree so I am just now relying on him. Before that he was a stay at home dad. I forced he to get a certificate because he hated the work he did and would get a job and we struggled on one income. He was mad at first but now he makes better money and likes his work

• At the time I was young and came from a religious family. My parents basically said you made your bed now lay in it. I that was my thinking going for forward. I deserve this for being stupid when I was young. But now as I have gotten older I am not sure why stuck with this man who doesn't like anything I like and told me he was interested in all the things in was but then just drinks and watches TV all day. (I hate tv) I am a book person. The more time has gone by the more I realize he wasn't in a bad place when i met him, he is just that person. And yes I did see something in him. My ex cheated on me and broke my heart. My husband was honestly in love with and borderline obsessed (or so I thought) and he was loyal. I figured the situation could be worse at least he loves me and I could work on loving him. To be honest a lot of respect was lost for him when I started to realize he wouldn't man up and become The provider for our family.

• *sigh*
    The stories I hear about the consequences of sleeping around.

I would point out to you that you talked plenty about your own troubles, but said nothing about how your children are doing with all this going on. I don't mean that as an attack, just something worrying to me.

Tough love incoming: I don't care about what would make you happy. You made your bed. I care about what is best for the children.

Statistically, children are far, far better off with a father than without. If the man is a remotely decent father to his kids, doesn't abuse them, etc. than it might be best for them if you suck it up and stay. Go to couple's counseling, do whatever you have to.

If you do decide to leave him, please make QUADRUPLY sure that they continue to have male role models in their lives. It is vital to their development.

But don't cheat. You made a vow. Make the best of the shitty situation you put yourself in.

• The kids are fine thank u
      I take care of them and they are the priority other wise I would have left a long time ago. He knows this. I stay for them but even if I left I would not take them away from him, he is a great dad. I stay because I don't want to upheaval their lives, they don't deserve that. But sometimes I find myself on autopilot taking care of them and him smiling going to functions, I also want to be happy but it's like my life it not my own. I am here to make everyone else happy. Your right I won't cheat. I am too cowardly anyway. But I think the consequences of 8 years ago have gone on long enough.

Most Helpful Girls

• It is intense your husband lacks self confidence and is highly insecure. Try marriage counseling in gradual steps. Ok here choose a counselor who is definitely of high review rating , as it comes down to this. You want someone who will view it as a subject and not chastise either of you. Discuss carefully though not all the issues in one sitting.

• I have tried to get him to counseling but he thinks marriage counseling is the first step of divorce and refuses to go. I have went as far as set up the appointment and going but he didn't show up. He said he did want us to gang up on him because the counselor always takes the women's side. I have since given up on the idea that somehow we can make this work. He says everyone he knows that went is divorced.

• You have a valid point and experience. I think he needs therapy individually instead. In a non challenging way which is hard I understand. Omg I know it’s so difficult. What age is he?

• To answer your question, do not cheat on your husband. It would only make worse.

You need to file for a divorce immediately! He is emotionally and mentally abusing you by constantly checking your computer and phone and by keeping you away from your friends, especially saying he would kill himself if you left him and won't accept the fact you also need to have a life outside of your marriage. This is manipulation since he is isolating you and you need to leave him immediately.

You need to drop him and enjoy life to the fullest. Divorce him before the abuse turns into domestic abuse and seek a therapist for your depression to better your life.

• *It would only make things worse