Should I tell him I miss him?

So D and I went out couple of times , over a month and a half ago. We had an extraordinary connection and felt extremely comfy with each other. The attraction was amazing too.

Though after the one night we spent together (almost had sex) he cooled off.

He had mentioned his ex (they only dated for 3 weeks, long months prior to us going out) and how he'd hate to bump into her, and that she was immature, etc. She just posted she's in a new relationship that same week..

After almost not talking to D for two days after that night, I asked him if all was good, and he admitted things were going a bit too fast, though he said nothing had changed in the way he felt.

Next day I had this general status on FB about dating and bad kissers (wasn't about him, he's probably the best kissing machine ever :O) and I even recall telling him he's an amazing kisser) and in a retrospective, I know for some reason he took it personally and even talked to a mutual friend about it. Unfortunately I only heard about this from my friend only two weeks after. Those were two long weeks after this stupid status, and me trying to tell him I think we should meet again.. to which he replied that he's "not into anything right now" and that he's "stuck in another place". (I assumed it was his ex.. but I no longer believe it).

Needless to say as soon as I heard about it I immediately contacted him, explaining it had nothing to do with him, and reminding him I really enjoined our time together. He said something short as "you're sweet, I didn't read anything to it, as I haven't seen anything". This reaction bothered me as it was a lie, but I respected his will to put the story behind us.

Now it's been almost two months since I've seen his beautiful smile and actually talked to him, he started liking my FB posts again (this last week) .I have tried to move on.. really I was so sure I was doing OK, and learning how to let go..but the way he made me feel .. and the way we interact is so unique.. just got stuck with me. I miss everything about him.Even tried to go out on a date, nothing works. I still feel this sense of belonging to him, it's crazy. I get butterflies I haven't felt for over 8 years, whenever I think about us.

I've had long term serious relationships, I know exactly what I'm looking for in a man, and he seemed to have those things, up until he decided he was "stuck in another place". I know it's kind of obvious but I feel if I told him I missed him, he might even feel the same way. It's just a thing bothering me now, I doubt I'll do it.. Since I believe if he wanted me, he'd be trying to get me back..

Anyways, it's on my mind and I'd be glad to hear your opinion.

Wishing you all the best day!

I'd really like to hear a guy's perspective too .

Anyone?

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• yes, do tell him you miss him - alot, and tell him you cannot wait to see him again. When you're with him next time, tell him honesty how you feel.. see if he feels same. If he doesn't, perhaps its time to forget him and find someone new to hang out.

You must geninely like him, since you have that butterflies whenever you think of him; I know the feeling. Good luck

• Thank you!

Just a question .. the fact that he ended it and never contacted me again .. on a personal level..

isn't that what says "don't wanna see you again"

I mean if I do that, he might think I'm desperate or.. I don't know.. weird for not moving on by now..

thank you again for your answer!

• ... it could either means he's done with you or he needs time to cool down. Give him one more try, see how it goes.. If he gives you a cold shoulder or doesn't find you attractive anymore, at least you have that closure to move on. It's takes time to forget someone you're really interested in, believe me. But time will heal if you let it be. I'm glad I can help.

• First of all, I completely understand - and commiserate. Its hard when you feel a connection and the other person may not feel that connection as strongly. Rather than coming outright and saying you miss him (because you will feel hurt if he doesn't reply the same way). I might be a bit more subtle. Perhaps comment on something on his FB page. Or post something funny. I'm not at all into "acting" any other way than how you are feeling - unfortunately, I, too, learned the hardway that often you have to hold back. Pride is a hard thing to get back once you've lost it.

• You are so right.. that is why I still don't think I'll do it.

As to interacting with his FB.. it feels like playing a game to me and not coming honest.Though I completely understand and agree with you.

The only reason I thought of confessing is he did too feel the connection,and the comfort, and attraction,and said it himself more than once,amazed just as me.

I still don't know what pushed him away, may even be his grief over his dad (1 year ago).

That is why I thought of it.

• So I did what you suggested, a bit more - I liked a picture of his, for the first time, yesterday, and got another like from him (on a song) today.

I guess this is why I feared this, because I'll never know what it means.. and if he ever thinks of me.

Thank you