Why I will Never Try Online Dating Again

Why I will Never Try Online DatiI ng Again

I first tried online dating around 7 years ago, hearing nice stories from real people who met their other halves online. Throughout, I have been on and off: sometimes I am actively looking, but switching off my profiles other times. It's only now that I came to realize that online dating is a total waste of time for me, and probably for many other people.

The first negative point in thus regard is the lack of spontaneous interaction before a man and a woman get to know each other.Instead of flirting or accidentally running into someone, you click on his/ her profile because you chose to. This gives way to the exchange of fake nice words between them mostly.

Another downside of online dating is the impossibility to see if you and your date are attracted to each other in real life. Even when they find each other attractive, people can fail to relate to each other when meeting face to face.

Attraction itself is an issue here. You might be a very handsome man or a very beautiful woman, but that's not everyone's opinion. Beauty is highly relative. I always see unattractive women thought of as beautiful, like some hollywood actresses. So you may be hailed as very hot or seen as 'not my type' for specific men if you are a woman. Many guys- for instance- see me as beautiful or very beautiful- and a guy said I am, but I was not his type. So I was thinkng: why should I wait for others to assess me this way?

The last point I want to discuss is the shopping-like experience online dating cam turm too. You open your account and spend hours browsing profiles. You may like a guy- but you continue browsing - maybe there is someone 'better' in the list. This looks more like a 'subjectification' of people.

Of course there are other negative points of online dating- and there are positive points too. I know people who met their long-term boyfriends or girlfriends there.But for me, it has been a different experience: guys who are married and say they are divorced, very handsome guys who are after money or sex only, guys who lack communication skills,etc. So if you are already trying online dating, I wish you good luck. If you believe it's not for you, you' ve just had someone alike join you!

44

Most Helpful Guy

• To be fair, I haven't done online dating but that os because I have been married before it was a thing :) But, I would do it and regualar dating as well. Online dating can't get you to quickly meet and evaluate hundreds of people very quickly, that appaeals to me. I have no idea what the woman at the bar is like before I meet her but with online dating I can find out in minutes and move on if it isn't a fit. Simple, easy, effecient way to sort through a large number of potentials to find the one that really sparks my ineterest.

Most Helpful Girl

• People browse profiles when they're doing online dating? I can only do that for 10 minutes, but I literally do nothing and I get requests. I never check back though... haha.

Lack of spontaneity when first meeting is fine with me. I think that's not how most people meet anyway. That sounds like something shown in the movies which isn't an accurate portrayal in reality.

For the attraction bit, I would expect that's why people Skype and send pictures. Or you simply don't respond when you see a guy who isn't your type.

But online isn't for some people. It sounds like it's not for you. I haven't honestly done it--I mean I signed up and perused a few profiles before I got bored--but I never get back on... lol.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 3

• I knew a gay man who constantly shagged married men on grinder. It made me furious, so he started to agree with me. From then on he found out the very next 2 men he met, both had ring lines on their fingers and one dropped his ring out of his pocket. He then left the site. Pretty crazy and pretty sad to

• I tried it and have been catfished so many times cause i have the mindset that the girls real and this can't happen again

• great my take :)

What Girls Said 3

• Great take. I will never date online as well. If I want to date someone, I will find out EVERYTHING. I don't believe you can hide something. I will find about everything from your past, and your present. How? I have my ways. If I see that you are all clear, THEN I will date you. I will not accept a guy who acts like a free whore that cheats on his wife/girlfriend just for cheap pussy.

I am a real girl and you are a real girl.

• Thanks girl for your feedback- and sorry to everyone for the typing mistakes

• There's this jerk i met online he was posing as a normal guy or something? maybe it was a favor for his ugly 38yr old friend i guess? he posed as Robert from NYC, we had a connection at first i thought he wasn't my type but i saw his charming face and buff body. And he seemed nice &caring we chatted a few times then he disappearred from that site. I was sad and worried. I thought he must be a criminal or a serial killer? Then i used picture finder to find him, there was a match he's name is Christian he is a hot male model, found all his social medias famous jerk. And i commented on his pics on his instagram ones i saw in the dating site"i said"poser used this pic on dating site.. bad.. goodluck.. Then that jerk deactivated! what an asshole! guilty...
    i knew it it's Robert aka Christian and OMG!! he's only 26? he put on the dating site 38? the nerve!!! he even said"we can be friends.. then he lies to me and disappears? he's such a prick!! he thought i was stupid? becoz im from another country.. he isn't even famous here.. he's got such a big "EGO"i hope he explodes... that's why i'll never do that dating online ever, guys are fakes and jerks like Christian the egotistic jerk!! Overconfident jerk he acts like he's God's gift to women.. hello? feeling handsome? he even smiles like the devil... That Robert aka Christian is a total asshole... gggrrrrhhhh!!!

• Yep, online dating is certainly the worst. I'm not into it either.