There aren't enough "men" for women to date in the US

A recent article broke out on vice of women complaining there aren't enough single men for them to date/marry in the US despite there being over more than 1 million men than women in the US.

There aren't enough

The reason there aren't enough men comes from women's ability to not compromise on what they want in a man until they get REALLY DESPERATE (i.e. I want to start a family).

Analysis of women in the US:

1. HYPERGAMY (Found in the female gender)

Hypergamy: if you make $34k, you're in the top 1% of the world in terms of wealth. $34k is a lower-than-average salary in the USA. Since the USA is a fairly wealthy country, women in the US can't go to many other countries to "date up", whereas men from the US can "date down" all over the world. This makes US women very selective compared to other women around the world - if they have an average US job, only 1% of men in the world will be eligible to date them.

2. Obesity

Over 65% of US women are overweight or obese. This will tend to make the men compete for the less than 35% that have normal figures, and thus the attractive women are that much more selective. (Over 70% of US men are overweight or obese, and they will still be competing to date slim women.) Other countries obviously don't have this sort of obesity problem, so there are more attractive women to go around, and being slender and attractive isn't so rare even as women age.

3. Heightism

Average height of US woman is not the tallest but fairly tall (5 ft 5) compared to women in the rest of the world due to good nutrition (maybe too good). Women generally want to date men who are taller. Ideally a man is perfect for a woman if he has a height that is 6'2. Only 5% of males are taller than 6'2. Being 6'2 places you in top 95th percentile in terms of height.

4. Demographic

The US has a half million more men than women 20-39 years of age. Given that most people pair up, this is going to magnify the ratio of single men to women. It is especially tough in the Western US where the male/female ratio is the highest.

5. Racial preferences

While many populations have racial preferences, OK Cupid data shows that white American women like sticking to white men, and Latin- and Asian-American women favor white men even more.

The rest of the world tends to be more accepting of other races on average. I've heard figures that 20% of the world is white, but even if it is more than this, US women will still overwhelmingly filter out men from other parts of the world.

6. Feminism

Feminism: magnifies all of the above due to making hypergamy more openly acceptable, fat feminism/fat acceptance, and encouraging women to work which makes dating up even harder.

7. White Knighting

Thanks to certain men taking it upon themselves to believe that telling women they are beautiful every single day, and awesome. While demonzing their own gender as worthless and misognistic. would somehow bring them closer to getting laid/having a girlfrined. Many women have an unrealistic expectation of their own worth/beauty and what kind of guy they deserve. Thinking that without/little effort on their part that they deserve a tall, handsome, successful male just because they were born with a vagina and happen to have a BMI of 25 or less.

Seeing many men who are near the top in looks are willing to throw an ugly/average girl a chance at sleeping with them, many women confuse this as them having a chance at getting these guys for relationship. What they don't seem to understand is rich and/or handsome men have no business in committing to you and the only thing they were after was your vagina. This doesn't hit a lot of women until they are well into their 30's now being reasonable in their expectations on mates and want someone to settle down with them.

1541

Most Helpful Girl

• Unless you are genuinely like a guy and are attracted to him, there's no point in marriage if you have a job. Twice the chores, constant criticism on your appearance, having all of your personal habits and traits dictated by someone else, grunting and zoning out passing as conversation, yelling and berating comments, sex without mutual interest... No thank you. The same goes for guys... The financial and mental risk isn't worth it unless you actually and truly get along.

Women are morons if they want a rich man instead of a man they really enjoy being around and want to go to bed with. Leave that misery to the broke chicks who put all their eggs into the gold digger basket.

• Even with attraction, your description sounds bleak.

• I was partially describing my last long term relationship, but it could go either way, I think. I tried dating a guy I didn't really like because he pursued me so hard, and its always pushed to "give a guy a chance." I thought I was being too picky when I wasn't feeling it... He didn't really like me, in the long run, outside of sexual attraction, either, and ended up being a terrible boyfriend.

For the record... He was a clean cut, fairly dorky engineer, not some mythical bad boy people talk about so much on here.

• yep, 10 up votes that effectively conformed the paradox that there are not enough "good" men out there. LOfuckingL... its probably more of a societal ill but its 120 years in the making - the elite funded social experiment to control the public and individual belief systems to direct the masses into their own luxurious malleable enslavement, economically, spiritually, and politically.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some women live in a fairy tale world and are resistant to waking up to face reality. At present, this seems to be bolstered by "reality" TV with shows like those bachelor/bachelorette programs. Women wonder why men have attitudes but every time I see an article about 'why aren't there more good guys,' I understand exactly why my brethren are up in arms!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 14

• Hahahaha I remember this article. It literally didn't even count men without university degrees. Like, pretended they didn't exist. Non-entities.

My boy didn't even finish high school, and I made about 4 times what he did last year. Oh, and he's 2.5 inches shorter than me, too. But fuck if I didn't marry WAY up. Way way way waaaayyyy up.

• You are an exception in this regard though, you know that right?

• I try to help where I can. 😊

• There are plenty of men, what these women mean is "there are not enough men who meet my impossibly high standards".

• I think this might actually be a record for upvotes. You deserve it though, took the words right out of my mouth! Not to mention, what are these women bringing to the table that is so attractive for the men they want to attract? That woman in the text, "I'm loud and I'm no skinny minnie, deal." Yea really attractive to men.

• I thank Jibbers everyday that I'm not American. I mean, apart from not wanting to be shot, I don't have to deal with as many pissbabies.

• Yes, you really have no idea. The men are manageable. The women... I think lost cause might be the appropriate term.

• "there aren't enough men," = these women aren't meeting men of their standards. men and women both do this

• Its predominatley women. Its pretty well excepted that women have higher standards then men for many reasons both biological and social. Men are far more likely to adapt and have a broader range of exceptable partners then women. In one survey, men and women where given picures of people of the opposite sex and asked to rate them while for men rating women it was a perfect bell curve ie most women where average and their where increasingly fewer women at the extreme ends of the spectrum. But women rated men as below average consistently in fact they said 80% of men where below average (technicly not possible). This further emphasises women having a significantly (and in my opinion growing) higher standard.

• @genuinlysensitive I know women are more fixed on height, but plenty of men feel emasculated by taller women and don't bother. You can't just ignore that. I've never heard of young guys approaching older women all the time. The aging female body is generally not talked about favorably. Why is it that in couples, usually the male is older? I don't think you like hearing the other side to the story.

• Other side of the story? Lol someone is deflecting. As for couples, the male being older, yes men are attracted to younger women, typically, but typically, older women are attracted to men around thier age or older. There are plenty of available milfs out there who want nothing to do with younger guys.

• That's sad.

I hope there is a good man out there for me.

• well that is pretty simple

• Then your going to find a good guy. I would say the only hard part might be finding a guy who is religious, though that depends on your definition ie how religious since while 70% of the population identifies with christianity they are not necessarily practicing it (their is record lows in church attendence despite such a high percentage of people who are believers). But otherwise it will be very easy to find a guy with those traits.

• Of course he doesn't have to be 6' 2". How ridiculous!! 6' would be just fine. :P

• Only 14.5% of all men in the US are 6'0 or taller.

• That's some serious scary statistics... Admittedly, some girls would probably be better off compromising a little on that factor, myself included. Lol, seriously if I had to choose betweeen an average tall guy, and a my fantasy 5' 9" guy, the shorter guy would win hands down. Heck, I think Cloud Strife is the sexiest guy ever, but he's 5'7" and his contemporary Tifa is my height - 5'4". I never even noticed, but come to think of it, they were at eye level.

• so basically you're saying everyone is fat and no one wants to date fat.

• I agree with this, there aren't enough guys out there. i haven't had any guys approach me in so long, aside from the net

• interesting...

• I just saw an article yesterday actually. Like 1 in 3 Men or something are gay and 1 in 1000 identify as women. So yea, that also poses a problem

• a third of the population isn't gay. Its only around 10%(world wide). There are also not that many transexuals either. The nearest estimate we have in the US is.3%.

• @hellionthesage well, being that people aren't having kids for whatever reason that's not far off.

• That is nowhere close to the number of gay men. It is much smaller.

• Yet some women still manage to find more than one at a time...

• These women just have really high standards. I just want respect, loyalty, some humor and responsibility in a partner (I want what I give).

• + Gay problem
    I guess u need to marry 4 wives to solve this shit problem. With woman approve first ofcourse haha

• what gay problem?

• They increase the number of Single US woman. Which leads to depression after age 30 . She deserve a husband. Why US woman are highest number of unmarried.
      1. Gay marriage
      2. Promiscuous woman
      3. guys don't want to be married early
      4. Number of woman are higher than men &I that reason cuz of men death at War before & Now.. THE LESS baby boy born
      5. No marriage No new kids to solve that shit and make Numbers Equal
      6. Most American men now went to marry overseas.. means Non American woman
      So 4 Wives is the only way to help. In one condition that the 4 Wives want that with ther signature.
      anyelse than that solve the 6 above problem before u downvote me for saying 4 wives

• 7. Guys don't want to marry at all he think woman are Bi**ch he lost trust so he decided to have fun with bunch Of sex

• So your take was to talk shit on women and pretty much complain that we talk shit on you and hope to find a good quality man. I see beautiful women everyday with average looking men. I see guys complaining everyday on here asking "why are skinny hott girls with ugly fat fucks?" ( word for word of just ONE of the questions I've seen) I'm pretty I and a nice body, I'm confident but I'm with a man that at first I didn't think was the most attractive man. He's perfect to me now. I don't rule someone out over looks. Yes I need to see some possible attraction but EVERYONE does. I'm not a shallow person.
    Barely anyone makes a lot of money and most women know how bad the economy is and just want a man that will try and not be lazy, to settle down with. Depending on there area you live there are a lot of guys that would rather drink/smoke and work at a factory just to pay for their habit until they get piss tested and fired. Job hoppers. Everyone deserves security and there is nothing wrong with both sexes looking for that.

• That's weird, I very rarely see beautiful women with average looking broke ass men... Where you live?

• @Watermelonoma thank you so much! =)

• Aww poor you he speaks the truth., im afraid.

What Guys Said 40

• Pretty interesting article, if I do say so myself. However... there's not really a shortage of men, per se. There's a shortage of women who will accept a "good man".

At age 25, here is what I typically hear women say to me in the dating world:
    "Why are you single? You are such a good guy. You are successful, dress very well and seem to have your life together. You will one day find a woman who will accept you."

That is what a majority of women say to a guy who has his ducks sitting in a row.

Now... this is what I see in the dating world:
    -Young single moms who are looking for a "good man" now. There ex was abusive emotionally or physically, was a dead beat or wasn't that considerate or caring.
    -Women having flings with random guys and claiming all men are the same

Conclusion:
    I am not trying to make this a "good guy" vs "bad guy" type opinion. However, women typically store the man of their dreams (good job, right body type, successful, etc) for later on in life while they make mistakes with men who are blatantly no good. And then when complain when the man of their dreams doesn't want them later on.

dreamandhustle.com/.../thuglovenerdrevenge.jpg

• There's just too many people out there who get caught up in pop fads who miss what's really important in life. It's not money, career, fashion, fitness or any other bollocks the corporations get the gullible fascinated with. The whole point of life is passing on your genetic legacy. If you like the person it shouldn't matter what they're earning or how they look. Women think they need a perfect partner to have perfect kids. It doesn't work like that. I've seen ugly parents with beautiful kids and vice versa. You get dominant and recessive alleles in an offspring which rna pick for the new organism. You can get traits from both grandparents that were recessive in you. End up with a kid you never expected. Love should be the only force that determines a couples compatibility but unfortunately people, especially in the west, have been trained to rate a person by what they own instead of who they are. Human values are slowly being phased out to be replaced entirely by materialism. Women are the worst for it. So subseptible to the latest fashions and trends. Rats following the corporations pied piper. There's coming a time when women won't accept men at all. She'll want artificial insemination and that'll be the depth of her contact with males. I feel sorry for my sons generation. Too many girls now are fruitloops with only a nodding relationship with reality

• Based on the girls I know, they create their own problems. There's no shortage of guys out there -- even decent ones. But girls in this culture have fucked up priorities and only think of themselves so they exclude huge amounts of men -- good and bad -- until eventually landing some guy who's just there at the right place at the right time and who ironically happens to be some conceited moron more than half the time. I've made many female friends and for whatever reason they like to open up to me so I hear just how fucked up the typical female mind is when it comes to dating. It's a joke and the more I hear and see the less I want to be involved.

• That's the funny thing about women, they forget that we see and hear how they are when they aren't directly messaging us.

• When you tall jacked athletic, You are one who get to choose brah. Mirin?

• How would you know?

• Oh and it gets way easier to bulk up after 25 in my experience

• @ArtDent 6k cals 225g protein over 450 g carbs 120-150sh g fat to be exact actually bro and yea I was alwahs one of those ectomorph dude but I believe I changed it after 8th when I really started eating hard and lifting. And I am 18 and pretty much at prime of all this stuff so I'd just like to peak out before I hop on em 📌📌 lol

• This might be the best take I have ever read on gag!!!

Soo many guys are losers, rot away playing video games, afraid of everything and have no drive for self improvement. And half of the guys that take care of themselves are gay! Lol

• i dont understand guys who sit there angry at women and won't even consider changing anything for their own sake

• @Ghosted exactly! Id agree on that

• no reason for me to change I have a small dick no changing that witch cuts my chances at getting a girl or family I also prefer white chicks over black as a black man that cuts the ratio more what the point in stopping playing games when your wife leaves you after a while or cheats behind you back understand?

• I'm just here for the bikini girls.

• This is the truth, i dont expect many women do admit this and rather ignore it though

• At least for about 30 to 35 years. then they'll start asking questions, and acting like this is all new to them.

• Most men would benefit if they put their focus on what's going on in the world economy today over dating women. Things are in the process of changing significantly... and these changes are likely to be exacerbated by another severe financial crisis in the U. S. and world markets. A savvy man will see what's going on, and put his capital to work to take advantage of it... so when the dust settles, he will be at the top of the pack. Instead, a lot of guys will stay heavily focused on irrelevancies like feminism, or distractions like gaming. Not that i take particular issue with those things, as i am both a gamer and an anti-feminist... but there's a third cog to this machine that I find both men and women are sorely unaware of, and i believe that going forward, we'll see a situation in which many of those who are seemingly at the top socially/financially will be brought down low, and many of those seemingly at the bottom will be raised up on hight. Those will be the consequences of peoples ignorance and prudence, respectively. As a black male who, according to the raw data, is at the bottom of the pecking order where dating is concerned, i should be more worried than a lot of others... especially white males who i find make the most noise about these issues. But im not worried. Why? Because i'm prudent, and prepared:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a24921-why-i-believe-2016-2017-are-poised-to-being-amongst-the-worst-years

• My son didn't date for the longest time. he has a Masters in computers, great job, tall thin, intelligent and a good person. He finally started dating at my behest. he is a heavy gamer so he only considered gamer girls. They have been dating since December now and it seems to be going well. Many guys are gamers, if girls aren't into that then they will miss out on a lot of guys like my son's friends. Two of his gamer friends got married last year, so maybe in the mid and late twenties girls are finding them online. Gamer girls have it made from what I hear.

• Gaming sounds stupid. Wouldn't they rather have someone social?

• @RandomPerson1324 well, that is you. Many people don't feel that way. And that isn't all they do. My 27 year old son has been to around 20 different countries. And they all work, so it isn't all day but they do spend a lot of time doing it and they enjoy it.

• They need to get lives...

It's selfish...

I hate them...

• those tinder girls are repulsive af

how dare they!

lol

• I've always said I'll probably be married in my late 20s early 30s. And if I still happen to be single, that's going to suck for me and women, and that's because I'm not going to raise someone else's kids.

• The overwhelming factor is venality. US women mostly only look at the wealthiest guys and don't even notice, or aren't even minimally POLITE, to the rest of us.

• "Only 5% of males are taller than 6'2. Being 6'2 places you in top 95th percentile in terms of height."
    Not saying you're wrong, but can I have a source for this? I'm not sure if it's right or not. Well, it doesn't to me :/

• Thanks! So if I moved to America, I'd be into the top 5 percentile of height? Wow, people in the US must be really small then! Just joking! :P
      I guess that figure felt off to me because I go to an all boys school, so I'm constantly surrounded by lots of tall people, myself included.

• Only thing I disagree is that women like men due to money I'm broke and get pretty girls not the hottest but pretty attractive females. If men spent as much time in self improvement than they do bitching about womens standards online they would be drowning in pussy. anywho great article 5/5

• This is surprisingly a awesome take. You got most of it right. There are a lot of men but there are far fewer qualified men. Men with over 100k income is rare. Men with over 1m income is even rarer.

• This Take is so good, my only complaint is that you posted Anonymously and now I can't follow you. :\

• I tell them and tell them.

• Is it just me or is the girl (far left) in the bikini pictures at the top look like gager archiz

• you have way too much time on your hands

• How is there more men then women in the US? Immigration? Pretty sure the birthrate is about the same but men die quicker (more death in yougner age brackets).

• Great article

• More from Guys
    20