There aren't enough "men" for women to date in the US

Anonymous

A recent article broke out on vice of women complaining there aren't enough single men for them to date/marry in the US despite there being over more than 1 million men than women in the US.

There aren't enough

The reason there aren't enough men comes from women's ability to not compromise on what they want in a man until they get REALLY DESPERATE (i.e. I want to start a family).

Analysis of women in the US:

1. HYPERGAMY (Found in the female gender)

Hypergamy: if you make $34k, you're in the top 1% of the world in terms of wealth. $34k is a lower-than-average salary in the USA. Since the USA is a fairly wealthy country, women in the US can't go to many other countries to "date up", whereas men from the US can "date down" all over the world. This makes US women very selective compared to other women around the world - if they have an average US job, only 1% of men in the world will be eligible to date them.

2. Obesity

Over 65% of US women are overweight or obese. This will tend to make the men compete for the less than 35% that have normal figures, and thus the attractive women are that much more selective. (Over 70% of US men are overweight or obese, and they will still be competing to date slim women.) Other countries obviously don't have this sort of obesity problem, so there are more attractive women to go around, and being slender and attractive isn't so rare even as women age.

3. Heightism

Average height of US woman is not the tallest but fairly tall (5 ft 5) compared to women in the rest of the world due to good nutrition (maybe too good). Women generally want to date men who are taller. Ideally a man is perfect for a woman if he has a height that is 6'2. Only 5% of males are taller than 6'2. Being 6'2 places you in top 95th percentile in terms of height.

4. Demographic

The US has a half million more men than women 20-39 years of age. Given that most people pair up, this is going to magnify the ratio of single men to women. It is especially tough in the Western US where the male/female ratio is the highest.

5. Racial preferences

While many populations have racial preferences, OK Cupid data shows that white American women like sticking to white men, and Latin- and Asian-American women favor white men even more.

The rest of the world tends to be more accepting of other races on average. I've heard figures that 20% of the world is white, but even if it is more than this, US women will still overwhelmingly filter out men from other parts of the world.

6. Feminism

Feminism: magnifies all of the above due to making hypergamy more openly acceptable, fat feminism/fat acceptance, and encouraging women to work which makes dating up even harder.

7. White Knighting

Thanks to certain men taking it upon themselves to believe that telling women they are beautiful every single day, and awesome. While demonzing their own gender as worthless and misognistic. would somehow bring them closer to getting laid/having a girlfrined. Many women have an unrealistic expectation of their own worth/beauty and what kind of guy they deserve. Thinking that without/little effort on their part that they deserve a tall, handsome, successful male just because they were born with a vagina and happen to have a BMI of 25 or less.

Seeing many men who are near the top in looks are willing to throw an ugly/average girl a chance at sleeping with them, many women confuse this as them having a chance at getting these guys for relationship. What they don't seem to understand is rich and/or handsome men have no business in committing to you and the only thing they were after was your vagina. This doesn't hit a lot of women until they are well into their 30's now being reasonable in their expectations on mates and want someone to settle down with them.

16
41
16Girl Opinion
41Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Girl

• Anonymous
    Unless you are genuinely like a guy and are attracted to him, there's no point in marriage if you have a job. Twice the chores, constant criticism on your appearance, having all of your personal habits and traits dictated by someone else, grunting and zoning out passing as conversation, yelling and berating comments, sex without mutual interest... No thank you. The same goes for guys... The financial and mental risk isn't worth it unless you actually and truly get along.

Women are morons if they want a rich man instead of a man they really enjoy being around and want to go to bed with. Leave that misery to the broke chicks who put all their eggs into the gold digger basket.
    LikeDisagree 17 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • cavmanier

Even with attraction, your description sounds bleak.

• Anonymous

Marriage is bleak if you don't actually like each other... If you do, hopefully it's not so bad and you're not feeling constant resentment and distaste for each other. Sex can't even make up for not liking each other...

Though there is a lot more housework regardless, because most guys don't do it, at least where I'm from. So, I hope for good sex to make up for all the extra housework, haha.

• Yes because married men are that abusive towards their spouse. Why do women immediatley attack men by claiming men are so terrible towards them? Especially when all data shows that women are actually considerablly more abusive towards their spouses then men are?

Most Helpful Guy

• OlderAndWiser
    Some women live in a fairy tale world and are resistant to waking up to face reality. At present, this seems to be bolstered by "reality" TV with shows like those bachelor/bachelorette programs. Women wonder why men have attitudes but every time I see an article about 'why aren't there more good guys,' I understand exactly why my brethren are up in arms!
    Like 6 People
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1540
  • redeyemindtricks
    Hahahaha I remember this article. It literally didn't even count men without university degrees. Like, pretended they didn't exist. Non-entities.

My boy didn't even finish high school, and I made about 4 times what he did last year. Oh, and he's 2.5 inches shorter than me, too. But fuck if I didn't marry WAY up. Way way way waaaayyyy up.
    LikeDisagree 24 People
    • ArtDent

You are an exception in this regard though, you know that right?

• @ArtDent Oh, I won the lottery and I thank God every damn day for that, yes I do.

In terms of BEING ABLE to be happy with such a man, tho? Don't think so. I just think there is much bullshit to be un-learned by many.

• ArtDent

Well yeah, but if you ever tried to talk sense into a woman you'd find that they are always right. I guess it's possible to fuck some sense into women, but I've seen so many not know a good thing when they had it sooooo *shrug

• fashionguy17
    Pretty interesting article, if I do say so myself. However... there's not really a shortage of men, per se. There's a shortage of women who will accept a "good man".

At age 25, here is what I typically hear women say to me in the dating world:
    "Why are you single? You are such a good guy. You are successful, dress very well and seem to have your life together. You will one day find a woman who will accept you."

That is what a majority of women say to a guy who has his ducks sitting in a row.

Now... this is what I see in the dating world:
    -Young single moms who are looking for a "good man" now. There ex was abusive emotionally or physically, was a dead beat or wasn't that considerate or caring.
    -Women having flings with random guys and claiming all men are the same

Conclusion:
    I am not trying to make this a "good guy" vs "bad guy" type opinion. However, women typically store the man of their dreams (good job, right body type, successful, etc) for later on in life while they make mistakes with men who are blatantly no good. And then when complain when the man of their dreams doesn't want them later on.

dreamandhustle.com/.../thuglovenerdrevenge.jpg
    Like 8 People
  • bluenose1872
    There's just too many people out there who get caught up in pop fads who miss what's really important in life. It's not money, career, fashion, fitness or any other bollocks the corporations get the gullible fascinated with. The whole point of life is passing on your genetic legacy. If you like the person it shouldn't matter what they're earning or how they look. Women think they need a perfect partner to have perfect kids. It doesn't work like that. I've seen ugly parents with beautiful kids and vice versa. You get dominant and recessive alleles in an offspring which rna pick for the new organism. You can get traits from both grandparents that were recessive in you. End up with a kid you never expected. Love should be the only force that determines a couples compatibility but unfortunately people, especially in the west, have been trained to rate a person by what they own instead of who they are. Human values are slowly being phased out to be replaced entirely by materialism. Women are the worst for it. So subseptible to the latest fashions and trends. Rats following the corporations pied piper. There's coming a time when women won't accept men at all. She'll want artificial insemination and that'll be the depth of her contact with males. I feel sorry for my sons generation. Too many girls now are fruitloops with only a nodding relationship with reality
    Like 7 People
  • Doffydood
    "Only 5% of males are taller than 6'2. Being 6'2 places you in top 95th percentile in terms of height."
    Not saying you're wrong, but can I have a source for this? I'm not sure if it's right or not. Well, it doesn't to me :/
    Like 2 People
    • Anonymous
    • Doffydood

Thanks! So if I moved to America, I'd be into the top 5 percentile of height? Wow, people in the US must be really small then! Just joking! :P
      I guess that figure felt off to me because I go to an all boys school, so I'm constantly surrounded by lots of tall people, myself included.

• Kirah
    There are plenty of men, what these women mean is "there are not enough men who meet my impossibly high standards".
    LikeDisagree 56 People
    • Nailed it.

• ExactLY!!!

• then what you need to do is change it cause if you don't then it looks like you'll be lonely for the rest of your life

• milightman
    I've always said I'll probably be married in my late 20s early 30s. And if I still happen to be single, that's going to suck for me and women, and that's because I'm not going to raise someone else's kids.
    Like 4 People
  • Watermelonoma
    Most men would benefit if they put their focus on what's going on in the world economy today over dating women. Things are in the process of changing significantly... and these changes are likely to be exacerbated by another severe financial crisis in the U. S. and world markets. A savvy man will see what's going on, and put his capital to work to take advantage of it... so when the dust settles, he will be at the top of the pack. Instead, a lot of guys will stay heavily focused on irrelevancies like feminism, or distractions like gaming. Not that i take particular issue with those things, as i am both a gamer and an anti-feminist... but there's a third cog to this machine that I find both men and women are sorely unaware of, and i believe that going forward, we'll see a situation in which many of those who are seemingly at the top socially/financially will be brought down low, and many of those seemingly at the bottom will be raised up on hight. Those will be the consequences of peoples ignorance and prudence, respectively. As a black male who, according to the raw data, is at the bottom of the pecking order where dating is concerned, i should be more worried than a lot of others... especially white males who i find make the most noise about these issues. But im not worried. Why? Because i'm prudent, and prepared:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a24921-why-i-believe-2016-2017-are-poised-to-being-amongst-the-worst-years
    LikeDisagree 2 People
  • Agrojag
    Based on the girls I know, they create their own problems. There's no shortage of guys out there -- even decent ones. But girls in this culture have fucked up priorities and only think of themselves so they exclude huge amounts of men -- good and bad -- until eventually landing some guy who's just there at the right place at the right time and who ironically happens to be some conceited moron more than half the time. I've made many female friends and for whatever reason they like to open up to me so I hear just how fucked up the typical female mind is when it comes to dating. It's a joke and the more I hear and see the less I want to be involved.
    Like 8 People
    • ArtDent

That's the funny thing about women, they forget that we see and hear how they are when they aren't directly messaging us.

• BertMacklinFBI
    those tinder girls are repulsive af

how dare they!

lol
    Like 2 People
  • alphadoggystyle
    This is the truth, i dont expect many women do admit this and rather ignore it though
    Like 7 People
    • At least for about 30 to 35 years. then they'll start asking questions, and acting like this is all new to them.

• 9mfeo
    I thank Jibbers everyday that I'm not American. I mean, apart from not wanting to be shot, I don't have to deal with as many pissbabies.
    LikeDisagree 10 People
    • Agrojag

Yes, you really have no idea. The men are manageable. The women... I think lost cause might be the appropriate term.

• ConsultantIsBack
    This might be the best take I have ever read on gag!!!

Soo many guys are losers, rot away playing video games, afraid of everything and have no drive for self improvement. And half of the guys that take care of themselves are gay! Lol
    LikeDisagree 6 People
    • Ghosted

i dont understand guys who sit there angry at women and won't even consider changing anything for their own sake

• @Ghosted exactly! Id agree on that

• no reason for me to change I have a small dick no changing that witch cuts my chances at getting a girl or family I also prefer white chicks over black as a black man that cuts the ratio more what the point in stopping playing games when your wife leaves you after a while or cheats behind you back understand?

• skaterkid123
    Only thing I disagree is that women like men due to money I'm broke and get pretty girls not the hottest but pretty attractive females. If men spent as much time in self improvement than they do bitching about womens standards online they would be drowning in pussy. anywho great article 5/5
    LikeDisagree 6 People
  • martyfellow
    The overwhelming factor is venality. US women mostly only look at the wealthiest guys and don't even notice, or aren't even minimally POLITE, to the rest of us.
    LikeDisagree 3 People
  • talias288
    Of course he doesn't have to be 6' 2". How ridiculous!! 6' would be just fine. :P
    Disagree 1 Person
    • Anonymous

Only 14.5% of all men in the US are 6'0 or taller.

• talias288

That's some serious scary statistics... Admittedly, some girls would probably be better off compromising a little on that factor, myself included. Lol, seriously if I had to choose betweeen an average tall guy, and a my fantasy 5' 9" guy, the shorter guy would win hands down. Heck, I think Cloud Strife is the sexiest guy ever, but he's 5'7" and his contemporary Tifa is my height - 5'4". I never even noticed, but come to think of it, they were at eye level.

• Robertcw

Doesn’t change the fact that only 14.5% of men in the US are 6’ or taller.

Would be pretty retarded to demand 6’ plus guys after learning this statistic.

• Polocrew
    When you tall jacked athletic, You are one who get to choose brah. Mirin?
    LikeDisagree 10 People
    • BigJake

How would you know?

• Polocrew

@BigJake Because I am, Mirin? Yea u mirin

• BigJake

You make Justin Beiber look menacing.

• Ghosted
    "there aren't enough men," = these women aren't meeting men of their standards. men and women both do this
    Like 3 People
    • Its predominatley women. Its pretty well excepted that women have higher standards then men for many reasons both biological and social. Men are far more likely to adapt and have a broader range of exceptable partners then women. In one survey, men and women where given picures of people of the opposite sex and asked to rate them while for men rating women it was a perfect bell curve ie most women where average and their where increasingly fewer women at the extreme ends of the spectrum. But women rated men as below average consistently in fact they said 80% of men where below average (technicly not possible). This further emphasises women having a significantly (and in my opinion growing) higher standard.

• Ghosted

@hellionthesage women do do it more i agree. factor in age into the equation. what holds back men from dating older women as an option?

• It doesn't, its actually been increasing (the relationships with older women) obviously still not the majority but it is happening and increasing frequency. Then their are men who are mgtow (men going their own way)(their called herbivores in japan) where they swear off women (to various degrees ranging from refusal to marry to no interaction).

• oddwaffle
    This is surprisingly a awesome take. You got most of it right. There are a lot of men but there are far fewer qualified men. Men with over 100k income is rare. Men with over 1m income is even rarer.
    Like 1 Person
  • Yellow_
    That's sad.

I hope there is a good man out there for me.
    Like 4 People
    • Nope.

• singlebee

Well I hope there is a good omen out for me too

• singlebee

*women

• Crazyced
    How is there more men then women in the US? Immigration? Pretty sure the birthrate is about the same but men die quicker (more death in yougner age brackets).
  • Show More (35)