Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys

Why women can't resist bad boys

1. Bad Boys Don’t Pretend

Bad boys don’t change their personality to accommodate whoever is in the room.They don’t try to be nicer to make a good impression.

*They don’t try to be cooler.

*They don’t try to be smarter.

*They don’t try to be sweeter.

They just are who they are and don’t care how anyone takes it.This level of authenticity is extremely attractive to women and it communicates maturity, composure, and honesty.

Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys

2. Bad boys aren't scared

Another reason bad boys do things with purpose is because they aren’t scared. They aren’t scared or worried of what a woman will think of them or how she’ll react. They’re not afraid of what might happen. Whatever comes up or happens, they’ll deal with it then. If a woman is attracted to you, then she doesn’t mind and even likes if you’re assertive and aren’t scared to push things to the next level with her. When you start being weird and afraid, she’ll back off and her attraction for you will start disappearing.

Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys

3. They are fearless, outspoken and incisive

HBO’s Bill Maher is a real bad boy!!! Sharp-witted, brilliant, caustic … and, yes, brash and edgy.

Nice guys are usually timid and shy away from any kind of controversy or conflict.They’re afraid of something really bad happening to them.Bad boys don’t flinch or blink when it comes to this stuff. They aren't politically correct!!!!

Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys

4. Bad Boys Think Highly of Themselves

Women want a guy who thinks highly of himself and knows his value and place in the world.

Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys5. Bad Boys Don’t Get Played

What I mean by “played” is that they don’t get their heart broken because they were too blind to see what was going on in front of them. Bad boys have experience with women. They know the game. Bad boys know not to put their heart on the line and they’re careful and observant with any woman they’re involved with.

Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys6. Bad Boys Aren’t Clowns

We all try to be funny from time to time to make people laugh and some of us even overdo it. Bad boys know how and when to be funny but that isn’t the main concern to them. They’re not “funny” guys. The “serious guy” appeal seems to work just fine and a bad boy will only say something funny if it’s funny to him. He won’t say it to get a reaction out of a woman or to get her approval. That’s VERY IMPORTANT.

Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys

7. Bad Boys Dominate

Ever hear of bad boys being submissive wussy boys? Me neither. That’s because they’re not.

Bad boys are usually the most dominant in any group of men. They’re the ones who don’t take shit from anyone. They’re the ones who others watch their behavior around as to not piss him off. They’re the ones who get what they want and when they want it. They’re the ones who usually tell others what to do and they do it.

Why Women Can't Resist Bad Boys8. Mysterious – Bad Boys Don’t Sell Themselves

When nice guys meet an awesome woman, they feel the need to be a salesman and sell her all the reasons why she should pick him or be romantically interested in him. They feel the need to convince her of what a great guy they are and all the reasons they are good for her. They don’t realize that women generally don’t care about all that stuff up front because it never makes her “feel” any attraction for them. Bad boys DO realize this and know that selling themselves might actually hurt them instead of help. They just have cool encoded into their DNA.

2562
sparkly-crystal is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Bravo! Bravo! LOVE THIS TAKE. TWEETING IT OUT TO MY 28K PEEPS RIGHT NOW. Sorry for the Caps lol

Most Helpful Girl

• You're confusing a bad boy with an assertive one. You don't have to be a bad person to be assertive and honest about who you are. You idiotically described a sociopath/psychopath without even knowing it
    You literally described a sociopath
    1. Lol. Bad boys are the opposite of sweet. They don't accommodate because they only care about themselves thus making it impossible to have a relationship with them
    2. Sociopaths/psychopaths don't usually feel fear because of the shallow affect: https://www.thecriminalmind.us/shallow-affect/
    3. See above. They're also usually superficially charming. That's pretty much a criteria.
    4. Narcissism is common in socio/psychopaths.
    5. They have no emotions. Being played wouldn't effect them because they're cold-blooded. They don't care either way. All they know how to do is use and abuse people.
    6. Psychopaths don't understand human humor because they don't have a sense of irony. Here is a diagnosed psychopath admitting this: www.psychopathicwritings.com/.../...ths-laugh.html
    7. Because they are megalomaniacal and power-obsessed. They make perfect dictators and terrorists.
    8. You'd be mysterious too if you were hiding dead bodies.
    www.minddisorders.com/.../...opathy-Checklist.html
    https://www.md-health.com/Sociopath-Traits.html

Yes, please continue to tell us how these human cancers are attractive
    media.giphy.com/media/3bUZvigrUFfAQ/giphy.gif

• You and I put it best.

• Yeah that was what my comment/rant was about. Its the extreme end of the spectrum instead of a balanced man who is both nice and confident, willing to take the lead but also not domineering (can tell you right now if I'm asked nicely I will be happy to help anybody because I'm a nice guy, but if some one comes up and demands something of me with no respect what so ever then thats a good way of getting me to rip them a new one because, pardon the colloquelism "I'm nobodies bitch"). I always equate it to dogs, the ones who strut around barking and acting like they own the place are usually the smallest ones (ie chiuahas) while the ones who don't are the big dogs (ie mastiffs) the reason is because they are usually overcompensating while the big dogs know that they have nothing to fear so they don't feel the need to act tough because they are tough.

• It's really all about balance

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 61

• Just don't get mad when they use you, abuse you, and leave you by the side of the road or for another cheap girl.

• 1. A real man doesn't pretend, only fake ones do. It's not about being bad or good.

2. Everyone gets scared, the difference between a grown up and a kid, is that the grown up finds the courage to overcome that fear. Again, it's not about bad and good.

3. Same thing: a grown up, a mature man, will voice his opinion no matter what, cause that's who he is, and he embraces it. It's not about bad or good.

4. A man that wants to succeed in life, needs to think highly of themselves. Again, not about bad or good.

5. Same thing... again. A man doesn't get played, kids do. Not about bad or good.

6. A man is not a clown, but a man knows when it's time to laugh, and when it's time to be serious. Girls like that. Girls don't dig the frowny dude that makes a joke once in a blue moon and tries to be cool. A man knows when to not take himself too seriously, and girls love that. Not about bad or good

7. A man dominates, because being dominated is for kids. A real man strives for greatness, not to stay in the average. Again, not about bad or good.

8. A man knows his worth, and he won't drop his value to get a woman. He'll never put a woman before him unless this woman is his wife or daughter. If she wants him, she can have him, if she doesn't, he's not gonna drop to his knees to get her. Not about bad or good.

You're 17, you know as much about men as I know about black holes. When you drop that HS mentality you'll realize that bad boys are just that... boys. When it's about getting the woman, men will win 100% of the time against boys.

• But the guys she mentioned like Bill Maher and Will Cain are powerful men who have the reputation of being a "bad boy" for obvious reasons.

• Good points.

• I think this comes down to what you define a 'bad boy as'-most people think of the guy his a bit of a dickhead but girls seem to swoon after coz he's charismatic or good looking, even though he'll probably be a jerk in a relationship. But If you're just talking about manly, charismatic men in general then fair enough.

• Good list, I agree with it. Women bow to dominance and thats what most of this says. however...

You can be a good guy (not nice) and embody the qualities women are attracted to... you don't have to be a bad boy. "nice guys" are perceived as weak and needy, so be careful with terms... girls generally dont' like nice guys. Girls are drawn to:

The man in charge, who knows himself, he doesnt' apologize for his positions, he leads, he's perceived as being strong (that can be verbal or just in stature) and secure and stable including emotionally, interesting in conversation, knows how to engage them. You can do that, and be a good guy... you don't have to treat the woman like crap, neg her (that is put her down), abuse her, run around on her, etc..

Some women fall for "bad boys" as their self worth is less developed. The less worth they have, the more they will be drawn to men who will abuse them. Realize if you are are playing the bad boy successfully you are going to draw in trouble and create more.

People are attracted in the sub conscious which is where childhood wounds reside. If the female child had a poor father or father image, they are more likely to lack self worth , self image, and dignity and thus reach out to guys in effort to fill in that hole... and they reach for the ones that often will use them. The more confident they are, they don't need to prove anything, so they can attract someone who treats them with respect. Not sure how the mother wound works out, probably similar.

Don't become a bad boy, become the most confident man that you were made to be.

• The main reason I don't go for guys my age is cus there's still not a lot of maturity and the whole, living with mum thing. There's plenty of people I know who'll end up there after uni/collage.

• Yep. Well said.

• Never understood this. Bad boys do pretend, they pretend to be bad boys they pretend they don't care they convince themselves of their superiority etc etc. The reason why they don't care or don't "try"(they act like the way they do because women fall for it, if being a nice guy worked they would do that) is because they have closed themselves off emotionally so that they can't get hurt. The vast majority of bad boys have emotional issues usually dealing with intimacy (I have known them and been friends with them and when your around them enough (not just for quick sex) you start to realize this). The fact is they are the way they are because women are to caught up in the fantasy, the faux-romance of it, he is mysterious? How so, he has a job he has hobbies he does literally the same things every one else does. He doesn't fear anything and is decisive? Thats because they cut themselves off so they don't feel because they can't handle it, and your only decisive when you either don't care (ie getting sex from a girl he doesn't care about) or are to stupid to see all the options. As for getting played, its hard to get played when you refuse to develop attachments and from the guy I know he refused to get attachments because he was played in the past (his first girlfriend cheated on him, his friends stabbed him in the back (several of them) so he became the bad boy women love, because he refused to feel any kind of attachment.) confidence, from my experience with the bad boy types, he was confident as a overcompensation, because of all the past problems he stopped doubting himself not because he was confident but because he needed to prove to himself, the voice in his head that he was not as worthless as he felt. As for dominance, No. Thats stupid, they do not comand respect from simply existing where the hell did you get that idea? The only thing I have noticed is they try to pretend they command respect and usually don't get it. Again this is purely based upon my experiences but then perhaps I have not met enough "bad boys". Now I know the immediate rebuttel is going to be that I am a "butthurt nice guy/beta male" which is far from the case. I simply don't tolerate bullshit and quite honestly any one who bothers to actually look at the bad boy can see their the sad used car sales men of the male community, its a fascade that they put up but they talk/act/dress pretty so any one who isn't paying attention buys into what their selling.

• Agreed kinda with the first 3 of what Bad boys used to be anyway, but now a days what the majority label or call a bad boy dosent have any of these qualities. Except maybe 4.

The typical label of bad boy these days are simply used for what I like to call babies. They are loud, obnoxious and afraid of everything, so they try to convince everyone and the world about how tough they are to compensate. They are so afraid to accept themselves and are so afraid that people might see through their weak armor they basically go on the offensive for everything, to try and shift the view and focus away from themselves cause they know deep down they are very fragile, thats why its so easy to upset them too, which is more like funny really. But they aren't the least bit mysterious, if anything they are painfully obvious, but yet I know some do, is like finding a cardboard box super mysterious for some reason.

Although I kinda think a bad boy can be a clown, in a way anyway. The unpredictable madness, which would be a part of the mysteriousness, but again what people these days label as a bad boy, dont again have any of these things.

• Most of what you said isn't accurate.

Most "bad boys", especially teenage "bad boys", are insecure, SCARED, and CHANGE their ways to put on a "cool" front. Also, they ACT like they're "dominant", but they're actually big babies. Actually, it's the complete opposite-This entire "MyTake" is inaccurate.

Sorry, but I can't disagree more with this "MyTake." I'll give you the benefit of the doubt: You're 17 years old, and haven't realized it yet (Although when I was your age, I already realized it).

• lmaoo that's not true at all even you know it.

• Exactly! Bad boys are bad because they're insecure, and it's entirely an act to change themselves. However, high school girls don't realize this because they are easily manipulated.

• Honestly a condensed version of this for all men is "act disinterested whilst having some modicum of attractiveness."

It really doesn't need much more info than that, if a man hasn't discovered this at this point I can only imagine how poorly his father raised him. Having to rely on a WOMAN to tell you this is pretty depressing.

• Men seem to be further reliant on constant justification of assumed self worth, thus relying on women at constant. That's explains the divorce rate, God forbid anyone be alone for five seconds.

It's disgusting.

• Its a description of a guy that is confident, knows who he is and what he wants. He isn’t afraid to look people in the eye, speak up and stand up for what he believes in, he’s real and doesn’t pretend to be someone he’s not. It’s called confidence. A real bad boy is confident for the wrong reasons but it still works because confidence is sexy and attractive.

• If women are attracted to bad boys. Are they extra attracted to evil boys?
    https://i.memeful.com/media/post/YMKgjJM_700w_0.jpg

• Fuck again alpha bad boy shit. Bad boys can be killed by bullets from beta guys' pistols. Please women evolve a little, a rich fat guy can buy and make slave most of yours.

• If funny how most of these young women 18- 20 something say they love these bad boys. Despite how these bad boys treat them verbal abuse or physical abuse. And most of these young women who end up getting pregnant and this Man decides to leave the girl. Yes you like his atitude and his confidence. But the only person he cares about is his self. That's why there's so many many single mom's out there because they tried to tame a bad boy. Nuff Said.

• This is the type of stupid shit that brainwashes that happens to teens. These are traits of a confident, well grounded man. Girls get it confused and start dating REAL bad boys, the ones that are out there dealing drugs, getting arrested constantly, etc. Be aware of the traits that are you attracted to.

• I dun know why people freak out when they see this shit. "Bad" has just become a dysphemism that denotes authenticity. Of course everyone wants to be with an authentic phoney. They don't second guess themselves, they know regardless of the outcome, everything will be ok.

• Interesting but a lot of these attributes aren't really bad boy exclusive.

• I thought it was more obvious and straightforward than this: "bad" boys know how to get what they want. This suggests that 'bad' boys can also get a girl what she wants, if they are so inclined. The choice is obvious.

• The bad boys are usually sociopaths, who have little to offer beyond an abusive relationship and a lifetime in welfare housing.

• images.firstwefeast.com/.../...2k8psfcisolcc4i.gif
    Not bad...

Fuck Bill Maher, the deluded bastard.

• waiiittt so you are telling me that if i don't do any of these 8 things i never going to get girlfriend at college omggg wttff is wrong with this world !!! well unless you are a billionaire cuz we all know money can buy anything XD

• This is why prostitutes rule. I can be a nice guy and get a hotter fuck than the bad boy sometimes. I also love sugar daddy's. I can be a nice guy and get a hot fuck because of my wallet. Good times 👊🏻

• Yes this is a good take!. It's really sad and unfortunate that women can't resist bad, they like them but it's true.

• they do pretend... that just don't often have to do it too much to get in a hormonal, disney princess's pants

• Having those qualities doesn't necessarily mean that you're a bad boy.

• These things could make a man an alpha male but how can a person be bad by doing so?

• Thanks for the post, it touched whatever cold-corrupt "bad boy" heart I have inside. Cool to know this is what you sillies thought of us >:)

• if you change "bad boy" to "real man" then we're good.

• I found that keeping it real helps much more. And a lot of common sense with a bit of logic too.

You can be a clown too and girls still be attracted to you. But you need to show some intelligence and awareness when doing that.

If you behave like a clown for some people but later show to them your smarter side and a bit of wits, you can tell them that you acted like a clown because you felt like it and you do not give a crap what they say. That is actually an "alpha" trait. You can reframe it and tell them you felt like you didn't actually have anyone to talk to at your level or something like that.

• Simply, bad boys have more manly qualities thats an indication of a good relationship later.

Thank god I knew this as a teen

• 😂😂😂 I was thinking that Daman Salvatore needs to be in this take and in the end saw his pic..

• When did Bill Maher become a bad boy?
    More like whiney b! tch boy.

• Ever hear of bad boys being submissive wussy boys?

Sexually yes, the opposite just as much.

• Show more from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 24

• You're 17 your outlooks will change.

And also, I HATE HATE HATE HATE BADBOYS. I grew up in a rough neighborhood they were EVERYWHERE. They disgust me. And also they are childish. I like men that are mature and don't play games.

"BadBoys" are BOYS

there is a difference between a MAN and a BOY. And i don't want a boy in my life.

• I personally am not a big fan of bad boys, I don't like to be bossed or crossed. I always stand up for myself. I do understand the appeal though. I think this take is true. There is just something about their attitudes that's attractive, in theory. Girls tend to get to wrapped up in them and get their feelings hurt. I think some bad boys are crazy about their girls but just can't give her what she wants, so while he likes a lot, he can't get out of his ways for long enough. There is this 'bad boy' at my school, there isn't anything that's particularly like "oh holy crap" but I've always thought 'If he wanted to, I'd be down' which I think most people have someone like that. I was talking to a a friend and they said the same thing and basically confirmed that I'm not crazy for that. There is just something really attractive about someone who isn't trying to impress anyone, however, that's the problem, they aren't going to try to impress you either. They are friends with benefits kind of guys, not boyfriends. I do think it is kind of funny how many guys are in the comments bashing bad boys cause they're 'good guys'. Don't hate, they've just got game, you can't act, you just gotta have it.

• it depends on the individual if every girl liked bad boys then every girl would like the same type of guy. i know so many girls that like to be treated like queens and also many girls that like bad boys. it depends on the individual

• @chriss Well that's exactly what I just said. They're not my type either. But you can still appreciate someone as being attractive but not want anything to do with them and have a stronger preference for a different type of guy.

• Agree 100% but I still lean more towards the mature, responsible guy who isn't exactly alpha, confident, and outspoken. Usually the guys that you're describing sound nice and desirable but have a downfall too. They could be abusive, too controlling, a cheater, no follow-through, don't keep their word, etc. Bad boys are hot and have desirable traits but come with some bad ones too. They're not realistic for a long-term relationship.

• Ya I luv bad boyz, I like em SOOOOOOO bad that they're arrogant pricks and border line violent and abusive. It just so sexy n so hot

• i do think these traits are irresistible BUT they don't occur in "bad boys". they appear in confident, well adjusted, assertive men.

• It's definitely the confidence factor. Even if a guy doesn't look like a male model but can walk that fine line between being confident and not being an asshole it definitely bumps up his attractiveness.

• Omg when I saw the photo of Ian Somerhalder I was like 'YES!' <3 From the very beginning of The Vampire Diaries I was always Team Damon... Stefan is so boring.

• Oyy so.. The Ripper of Monterey is boring to you huh lol

• @Echelon333 I would be the same, but Ian Somerhalder's eyes break me every time <3

• Oh yeah I understand lol And also.. that jawline! #nohomo

• No thanks not all women like to be treated like crap.

• Well, the MyTake owner is in high school so it makes since why she likes bad boys. Adult women are mature.

• The only "women" who prefer bad boys are teenage girls, such as yourself. When women hit adulthood, they don't like these guys anymore. I was guilty of this in high school myself, but every since I've been in college, I've grown out of it.

• I have no problems resisting bad boys.
    I actually try to avoid them.

• I would personally avoid a bad boy like the plague, but they somehow have a way of finding me! That's all I seem to attract 😡

• Very simple answer! THEY AREN'T MATURE ENOUGH! THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT A RELATIONSHIP IS REALLY LIKE!

• All of this is so true, but only for some girls. I prefer 'bad boys' but not all girls think the same way.

• THAT's why I love "bad boys"

• Haha me personally have fights with these types.

• I can resist bad boys

• Maybe true :/ :)

• nice mytake 😎

• at least they are not hypocrite like a the "nice" guys who in reality always complain to everyone but do nothing for change his condition

• I really hate that I'm crazy about a bad boy :/

• I'm sorry but isn't anyone else getting annoyed with these posts it seems like every week there a new post about it. Jesus that's what only people care about on this site?

• Strangely enough, that was a very good take. Lots of sense.

• Oh, boy.

• I agree. But your post has contradiction. You state bad boys think highly of themselves which means they often brag but that contradicts with mysterious factor in 8. where you state that nice guys tend to sell themselves with women.

• I also like this girls video on why bad boys beat nice guys every time.

https://youtu.be/vhrsrXaRVG4

• I watched about one second of that video before stopping it. She has an IQ of 1, and the most annoying voice in the history of mankind.

• I get what the girl in the video is saying. If something - anything - comes too easy, you wonder if you couldn't get something better with a little extra effort. It's human nature, guys and girls. Being more difficult to get makes you seem more valuable.

That said, we fill our heads with so many games, it's impossible to bond with someone these days.