You Got Her Number! Now What? -Some Great Ideas For A First Date-

I used to have no confidence with girls, until someone told me to just approach one and ask her for her number. Well one day I did it. My knees were shaking under my jeans and I was sweating like crazy kinda like this:

I walked up to a pretty girl and told her I thought she was cute and that I wanted to do something for the weekend. She smiled pretty big, pulled out her phone and asked me "What do you want to do?"

I immediately froze up. I totally wasn't expecting her to say that, I hadn't really even planned out what I had just said to her, I didn't even know what movies were playing. The rest probably went something like this:

So a lot of guys can work up the confidence to ask a girl out but they have no idea what to do with them. If you ask me, Going to a movie or eating out is really boring so whether you are taking her out for the first time or you're just trying to do something special, here are some date ideas that might actually work!

Apple picking

I don't know how many people can actually do this. I have a friend from Florida who had no clue what I was talking about when I brought it up.

Here in northern New Jersey we have access to a plethora of farms (mostly in NY) which offer fantastic apple selections. The scenery is usually nice it's a family friendly atmosphere but no one will look at you funny for making out in a PG manor. The farms usually have very nice "Homemade" food and side shit like hey mazes, petting zoos and hay rides.

Go bowling

People seem to think bowling is boring. That's only true if YOU'RE boring. It's a lot of fun to do with friends. It's a little expensive (or at least more than it should be) but you get to hang out for a little over an hour, talk, eat, drink. Some places even have pool tables which are fun.

See? Look how much fun these people are having. That girl hasn't even let go of the ball yet and everyone's already found the excitement to be so great, they can't hold back the urge to jump explosively in unison. Notice the man in the white shirt who has exerted more self control here than the others, he is obviously the cool one in the group and presumably the guy who took his friends and girlfriend bowling. Judging by her face, I'd say his idea went well.

Check out the stars

I feel like I can't go three months without hearing a bunch of space nerds going absolutely nuts about some kind of "rare event" that's "Never gonna happen again for (insert very large number) years!!!" And their heads are about to explode as if there isn't some kind of eclipse or shooting star or planet visible or something every other week.You Got Her Number! Now What? -Some Great Ideas For A First Date-

(believe it or not, this isn't fake)

You don't have to know who eru iluvatar is, in order to appreciate the stars. If you live in an urban setting, you should take a girl out to a park somewhere, far from the city lights, get stuff from a food truck or somewhere kinda unique that doesn't make itself the main attraction of the day and walk somewhere really nice where once it gets dark, you can be alone together. Bring one of those portable speakers, a blanket and some snacks. Just hang out and talk.

Fly a kite

Bring the girl to a park get a kite, doesn't have to be a good one. You can pick one of from K-mart or something. People love kites, could you imagine some little kid asking you if he can hold it thus offering a chance to show her how good with kids you are? Give that 7 year old a pat on the back for being a good little wingman!

Girls also love the thought that you (a man) can assemble something- which even if you can't you'll have more fun attempting to put the fucking thing together then spending $50 on dinner where all your fears of being a boring conversationalist are undeniably confirmed.

Paintball

I mean, if you can find a girl who's excited for this, I think you've found a really cool girl enough said. Probably not a good first date idea! But maybe it is. If you're really looking for a good relationship, show that hoe who you really are! For all you know, she might be totally into it.

Do something that shows her who you are

If you're a photographer or something, you may be using that to get girls. You may have even found a girl who wants to take some pics with you? Ehhh? Get some click click till ya clique! Perfect examples around me include Piermont NY which is a fantastically beautiful place where you can walk about, maybe get a bite to eat. Or you could bring her to Bear Mountain, a place where you could take a nature walk. Sometimes I see these people; I think they're crazy, they ride freakin mountain bikes down the alpine. If you meet a girl at the gym, bring that up. There's a few really nice people. You probably wouldn't have to try hard to find something like that near you.

Street Fair

When I was like 12 or something I went to my first street fair. I thought it was awesome, a radio station was set up there, they had music and food. I bought a goddamn Shamwow that day. Remember those things? Even years later I enjoyed going to Oktoberfest and other fairs that have cool concepts to them.

You can also find yourself some interesting food you don't always see. Like fried Oreos or apples covered in junk food.

These tend to be few and far between so you just have to look for them. There's lots of stuff to look at and sometimes do. As well as a lot of places to move in for a kiss. :0

Golf

Perhaps those things still don't fit you. You're more of the executive kinda guy. A little oldschool. Maybe you wanna go play golf! I've never been, but I bet if a girl saw you hit a fucking golf ball a quarter mile down a beautiful ass field, she's be pretty turned on. She'll drool over all your muscles moving and shit- be like "Wow, he's strong, just makes me want to get naked!"

Mini Golf

Did I say golf? Who the hell even knows how to play golf? Nah, play mini golf. I've never done that before either but it's dark and there's neon. Girls like colors right? I dunno, I don't get them at all, you probably shouldn't even listen to me. I mean, you’re taking dating advice from a guy who hasn't gotten laid in over a month. Maybe this guy can help I hear he used to be a bananna . . .

https://www.girlsaskguys.com/sexual-behavior/a35283-gender-roles-are-natural

What do you guys think? You think you wanna try some of these out guys? How would you feel about going on these dates girls?

810

Most Helpful Girl

• Paint balling is such a fun date :)
    i love paint balling
    air softing is great also.

• Yeah that sounds good. PrincessPie, what do you make of my comment, I'm wondering about how it went with a friend on 2 occasions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have done several dates with mini-golf, but not as a first date. In my generation, the expectation is either a nice dinner or an okay dinner and a movie. The main point of a date is to make the decision together, have fun, and have an opportunity to talk without needing to talk for 3 hours non-stop.

For younger people, these are great ideas. Of course, you forgot the ultimate chick dream date: meet me for breakfast, then take my puppy for a walk in the park. :)

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• Apple picking seemed a little weird at first but then you explained what it really was and I liked it. I was gonna suggest paintball but you already put it on the list, haha. Most of these are pretty great, but I'd like to add exercising together. It's just seems fun to do it with someone whether it's running, weight lifting or simply going to the gym, and you can always go for a drink afterwards.

• Nice, nice! Pastry shop, cooking class. Everyone has a fat person inside them.

• Nice ! I like your commentary about the bowling picture haha too funny

• Good job. I love your witty writing.

• Glad to see things went well

• This was a great read! Giving me some cool ideas for our next date.
    #LongLiveDates
    #DeathToNetflixAndChill lol

• nice one

What Guys Said 9

• Cool story bro

Since this is a pick up date, like you just met and don;t even know each other. It should be rather somewhat formal and more about getting to know each than some type of jazzy fancy type of date

Street fair is good
    Carnivals
    Circus
    A play, like lion king (time before and after to talk though)

second date go for something with more spice... like
    - amusement park
    - picnic with kite
    - Boat ride
    - apple picking
    - Jungle adventure
    etc

• Play badminton!
    A badminton set costs about $20 at Walmart. If she stinks at it, you can make her side of the court about the size of a postage stamp, while your side is 3 acres just to make it a real challenge.

Love bowling and mini golf. Maybe lasertag instead of paintball.

• I have a coupon for Sizzler that I've been saving for my first date. I'm sure she'll love it.

• going to the shooting range is fun too unless she's anti-gun

• Apple picking is creative, if only it was the right season for it.

• Just go for a walk in a place with trees.

• Dating is overrated.

• picnic :)

• What do you reckon if a girl was up for doing an activity, say bowling, then when it came to day of, you two go and do it, but she is unwell and appears to not be enjoying it? I mean she enjoyed the meal, walk etc after. But I got the distinct feeling of sadness. The first date by the way was incredible in terms of food, walk, jokes etc. I should mention this is a friend/someone I already know. Both times I did not use the word "date" either by the way.

She also offered to pay each time, even though I did on both (because I like her). She seems keen to do this other activity and a certain food (which is cheaper lol for me) next time.

• What do you think?

• I don't get what you're trying to say. And I to be honest, the fact that she was your friend first kinda is part of the reason I came to the conclusion I did. There is definitely a reluctant quality here and my money is on she isn't as into you as either of you think

• She was my friend as she had a boyfriend before. How was she ever reluctant?
      What don't u understand lol