Society continues to define relationships. Now, we are in a hookup culture and that is ok for some but not for others. Here are some things that still hold for me:
1. While a relationship is not built on sex, you need to have some sort of sexual chemistry with someone.
There needs to be passion and fire.
Do not leave your partner guessing. They're not mind readers. But do not be harsh with them.
3. If either of you is unhappy then fix it.
Understand that things take time and effort.
4. Timing is key.
Sometimes people need to learn to be happy by themselves before they can be happy with someone else.
5. If you are my partner, I do not expect you to bear the weight of the world on your shoulders.
You can come to me. I will be there.
6. I expect us to have an understanding as to 'who does what.'
7. I do not expect you to pay for all our dates.
We are both adults and I'm allowed to treat you.
8. We need to make both of our relationship statuses clear.
We are with each other. There must be set boundaries for exes, people who used to like us and people who we liked.
9. Neither of us should ever have to ask/beg for affection or love or support.
10. Neither of us should make the other feel like a burden because we chose to be together.
Relationships aren't all fairytales all the time. We need to have disagreements to make our bond stronger.
Feel free to comment on my post even if you don't agree with it. Whilst you may not agree with some, you should still respect it as I will respect yours.
Thanks for reading.