Sick of Tinder? Try Mutual!

Sick of Tinder? Try Mutual!

Mutual is what you are looking for if any of the following applies to you:

1. You are sick of meeting people on Tinder that are after quick sex

2. You are sick of being asked for/recieving nudes

3. You would not mind a long distance relationship for a bit

4. You want to meet someone outside of your genepool if that applies

5. You want someone who wants to take the relationship further than a 1 night stand or cohabitation for a couple of weeks

6. Tinder is just boring for you

7. You are a little more interested in the person's personality than in their outsides than others seem to be. (trust me, plenty of attractive people on this one, no worries)

8. You find the "Tinder average" thing degrading and depressing

Do NOT use Mutual if:

1. You just want sex/nudes/sexting

2. You are not willing to travel a teensy bit or have a long distance relationship (just because this thing is new so its participants are spread out in some areas such as France and Hungary)

3. You hate Christians or have serious objections to people talking about Christianity with you. Not that this is what always happens, just it is more likely on this site

So what exactly is it?

Created by Christians for people who just want to cut the rubbish and find someone with high moral standards. Hence the name, you are finding people ith mutual standards to you. It is slowly becoming more and more popular. Available for Apple and Android. You just sign in with Facebook, tell a little about yourself, upload at least one picture, tell them your height, and then you are off. No super likes, you get to send 1 note to someone a week though so be sure it is someone you find really special! The matches work kind of the same as Tinder. They expire after a week.

Plus: If you have mutual friends on Facebook, it shows you who they are.

How to be successful... you got any tips?

Add a little humour into your profile, upload interesting pictures of you doing interesting things, ladies, don't wear clothes that are too tight or reavealing. Guys, take pictures that don't make you look like a thug. Be patient when waiting for matches, it could take up to 5 days before anything happens.

Your experience?

It is really good! I have never tried Tinder but I have met great girls from there. I would complain that there are not tons of people on there, but then again I am not exactly Kenn Doll, lol. My sister has used Tinder and Mutual and reports that she finds way more matches on Tinder (shout out to her: she has a 50/60 avg on Tinder!) whereas she does not meet any guys on Mutual that tell her they want to tie her to their bedpost and go up and down on her for 3 hours... *moment to fume that someone would say that about her and wanting to beat their brains out* carry on, so we would suggest it! You are not exactly going to decide it is your be all and end all dating app but you will enjoy it if this kind of thing interests you. I did not post ths to try and force you all to use it, just to let people know it is there if they want it. Have fun!

815
DarthLadyKiller is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 8

• Doesn't exist where I live. The problem here is, anything but Tinder simply doesn't have enough users.

• My mom signed up for it but didn't stay on long. Personally, i found my boyfriend on Friendsy :)

• loll what is your mom doing on dating sites?

• No, dating sites are mostly Millennials, and now some Generation Z'ers. Older people are more outgoing, and didn't grow up with the internet.

• @wondelrand123 Tinder's average age (I know it's just one app/site) is 25 years old, most recently surveyed in 2017. This isn't a surprise, since younger people grew up with the internet. I have no idea why anyone would think older people use dating sites. They grew up in a more outgoing society.

• Those tipical dating site manners will comebout eventually

• Oh, so it’s for Christians. Pass.

• Sounds interesting. I found my boyfriend on Badoo

• same shit

• It's the same in every app

• Well it's not going to work. Men looking for sex will still flood the app. They always do. Also, I'm not religious and don't want a religious partner.

• I'm pretty sure most straight men are disappointed with Tinder because they can't get quick sex, they can't get a quick hookup, and they are sick of women being too picky.

The reasons he listed to complain about Tinder are female complaints.

• @EnglishArtsteacher, i'm disappointed with Tinder because at first it seems cool, but only at first. I thought it as a window of hope to know a lot of new girls and augment the chances to know one that I really like and who really likes me. Then, I was met with extremelly picky girls, a myriad of girls who would flirt, set a date and then flake or postpone the date indefinitely; girls whose appearance and personality where nothing as it appeared on Tinder; Girls who were not really willing to know a guy they spoke online in person; girls who don't help creating compeling conversation (acting as this should solely be the men responsability). That made things get exhaustive and tedious, Then, Tinder said people who have my android version can no more use it...

What Guys Said 14

• "1. You are sick of meeting people on Tinder that are after quick sex-Actually, I wish more women were open to this. Unfortunately, almost all of them put "no hookups" in their profile. I'm sure most men would agree.

2. You are sick of being asked for/recieving nudes-I wish. Most guys wish this would happen.

3. You would not mind a long distance relationship for a bit-You can have a long-distance relationship on Tinder.

4. You want to meet someone outside of your genepool if that applies-What does this mean? Tinder isn't just a looks-based app. Income matters more women than looks, and women still read men's bios.

5. You want someone who wants to take the relationship further than a 1 night stand or cohabitation for a couple of weeks-Again, I wish I had this.

6. Tinder is just boring for you-It's boring for me because I rarely get matches.

7. You are a little more interested in the person's personality than in their outsides than others seem to be. (trust me, plenty of attractive people on this one, no worries)-I'll admit, this doesn't apply to me.

8. You find the "Tinder average" thing degrading and depressing-What is the "Tinder Average" thing?

I think most of these complains will come from women, since they way way way more matches on these apps than men. For men, it's very difficult to get a match, unless the man is wealthy, or CONVENTIONALLY attractive (Like Channing Tatum, or other men who are widely viewed as physically attractive).

• Yeah This app is trash. So trash that it couldn't even connect to my Facebook so I couldn't even get into it.

• While you're at it. If you care about their education level
    http://www.theleague.com/#are-you-in

Intensive background check and vetting. Personally I don't care, but the site takes it very seriously. Tho i'm sure you'll run into people who give too much a damn about whether or not you went to the "right" University.

• So how exactly is it different from Tinder besides saying that it is different and for Christians? Being for "Christians only" eliminates about half the under 35's.

• No woman useally message me anyway. Just another dating app, that means nothing to ugly guys like myself.

• Good to see another option for people that want to date.

• This was perfect til you said that the site would not be for you if you hated Christians...

Why do religious people have to ruin everything?

• I will just continue to meet girls the way I've alway been. By going out and doing things.

• So I can have 0 people in my area instead of 4? No thank you.

• Girl: Are you 6ft?
    Me: No

Girl: Then it's not mutual
    Me: 😂🔫

• Bullshit. Get out there and meet people if meeting people is your goal

• No thanks, online dating SUCKS.

• Sounds good, I just wonder how well it works.

• I just have qualms about online dating.

• As I pointed out in the Take, I did not write this to try to convince everyone to use it, just to let people know it was there, if it is your thing then great, but if not, then great as well. I think meeting people is better. But if you were to try it, this is a good one.

• Everything alright until the Christian part. I'm agnostic and Christians eventually end up "pitying" or "saving" me.

• Fair enough, I did not write this to say everyone needs it, just to put it out there for people who this might interest.

• Lost me at Christians as well. I'll have to check out the Friendsy site listed above by DizzyDesii. Christians are not the only people who want relationships instead of hook ups.

• @wolfcat87 very true, and goodluck on that other one. it's great to meet others who stand up for relationships, Christians are not the only ones, no not at all.