It is really hard to say how it is but I will try to explain it and make it as relatable as much as possible.
First of all, I am a good-looking man with a good financial status and social status too. I am multi talented too (I play guitar, keyboard, organ, and drums) and have a great character. I have been single my whole life, never had a date or anything. As for the society, most of my friends dated so it didn't have to do anything with that.
Just to be clear, I only had an online relationship which can't be counted as the real thing since we never met.
The reason I stayed single cannot be answered.
So what is it like being single?
"There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path." Morpheus,
Shall we start?
Dating at a young age :
- Being single at a young age is a good thing, dating while being young can be really bad. You're a teen who can't control your emotions, your hormones are unstable, you don't understand what women want so it is best to be single at that young age so you can save yourself the trouble of "heartbreak" which is much harder at young age to do.
- You can focus more on the things you actually enjoy and not be committed to anything since you are still young and wild and just want to hang out and do stuff all day.
- Most likely the attraction would be based on sexual attraction since all that a guy would think is that and a girl would think "oh that guy is awesome", so the reason why you date would be just shallow and not enough to build a real relationship.
- It is the golden stage of building your life path, forming your personality, your traits, and thinking about your path in an academic way, so it is better to be single at that age where nothing would affect your decisions.
Dating in College:
- Here is where things get tricky. You are now more mature and thinking about having fun all through college, although you want some sort of commitment but collage is the time where you just go crazy and everyone is just dating everyone else.
- Being single at that stage is where you can benefit from others experience. You can see them getting in trouble with their SO and being busy, having no time to study, or do any other activity.
- College is the time when you start helping society, you can elect, you have the brains to make an impression about all the things going on around you.
- At this time you would have to know what kind of person you want to be with, you have a full understanding of the opposite gender (just kidding, but maybe a bit more than before), you have seen many to know how to choose the right one for you.
Up until now I have talked about the pros of being single, not mentioning the cons, why do you think?
Could it really be that there are no cons of being single?
The cons are not easy to talk about and I can't just state them without looking inside myself. You see, most of the cons would have to do with emotions. It might be a bit bitter when you see some guy holding a woman's hand while you are just sitting there alone. Yes you have so many things done but you don't have that one thing which is an emotional attachment to someone else on a deep level. I am not going to lie, although I am a tough guy and it is really hard for me to be moved, I can't count how many times I felt that bitterness. Not envy, but just wondering why I can't have that.
That is the only thing I can say about the cons, the rest is different for each individual. Some might feel social pressure from others, some might have a different way of feeling it's cons, but we all share that bitter moment.
For me, I have passed the final line of dating life. I am not flexible to date and move on if it doesn't work out. I am looking for settling down, not fooling around it might seem like an old man's words, but that is what I want.