6 (Weird?) Things I Find Attractive In a Man

Dr. Spencer Reid
Dr. Spencer Reid

Hey there it’s Mel,

Recently, I was nominated by @LegateLanius who challenged me to write a MyTake on #whatIfindattractivechallenge , a challenge created by @AngelicSin

Shall we begin?

I can make this MyTake short and my life easier by saying everything about Dr. Spencer Reid is what I find attractive in a man. But, I feel that is too vague. Therefore I will dissect what I find attractive in a man in six easy points.

Side note: Dr. Spencer Reid is the type of man I see myself marrying to: the nerdy type.

1. Intelligence

Don’t worry Reid, I’ve read 7 books in one week before.
Super hot sexy guy with glasses
Super hot sexy guy with glasses

Nothing gets me drooling more over a man than his intelligence and ability to talk about everything. I actually want him to be a walking Wikipedia. I’m not even kidding right now, when a guy can challenge me intellectually, I literally get wet. I find myself attracted to a man with glasses, sitting in a library and reading a book rather than a typical handsome guy you see on mainstream media.

2. Nose 👃

Yes, you read it correctly, I’m attracted to noses. That’s actually the first thing I see when I check out a guy. I look at the shape of his nose and there are types of noses I am more attracted to than others (such as a straight, pointy nose).

3. Height

He’s 6’1
He’s 6’1
He is 6’0 and she is 5’1
He is 6’0 and she is 5’1

Something about a man being super tall that calls to me. I love when a man is 6 ft or taller so that he can tower over my mere 5’1ft height. Moreover, I want to give my future kids a fighting chance to be average height.

4. Family-oriented/great with kids

Coming from a Latino community, where family always comes first, I often find it attractive if a guy is very family oriented and cares for his family and friends. It tells me a lot about his character based on his relationship with his family and how he treats them. Additionally, maybe it’s my hormones but when I see a man is great with kids and can be the right amount of childish, I find that EXTREMELY attractive. It tells me that he will be great with our future kids.

5. Happiness

There’s nothing more attractive and precious in this world than when a man smiles and is happy. Simple as that. Happiness is intoxicating for me and ultimately draws me to the person.

6. Must be a dancer or willing to learn to dance

I’m a dancer and enjoy dancing whenever I get the chance to do so. Thus, it’s only natural that I find a man who can dance (or is willing to dance) attractive. If you are sitting down in a dark corner, brooding, that’s a complete turn off for me.

Anyway, I challenge:

@GetzRekt

@9teen

@Ellie-V

@jcampbell115

@DizzyDesii

@Kyren

#whatIfindattractivechallenge

#nerdyguysrule

And that is it for now. Thank you for reading and see you next time

-Mel

1024

Most Helpful Guys

• 1. Intelligence? I have above average intelligence, but not Dr. Reid level.

2. Nose? Mine is kind of large. Some people told me I have a "Jew nose"... whatever that means.

3. Height? I am six feet tall and have a slender build that is comparable to Dr. Reid.

4. Family-oriented/great with kids? I come from a dysfunctional family, so... As for kids, I am told that I am a great babysitter.

5. Happiness? Sadly, I suffer from depression... therapy and medicine helps, but...

6. Good dancer? I am a klutz... I don't think I need to say anymore than that with regards to dancing.

• You still sound like a catch! I googled “jewish” nose and that is still an attractive nose tbh.
      I think being a klutz or having two left feet can be a fun thing while dancing. You shouldn’t give up on dancing just because of that.
      Thank you for reading mytake :)

• Oh, well thanks for the compliments :)

• Lady, you're 5'1". I tower over you already, at my "mere" 5'8". Find a better excuse.

I know you say 6', because anything less doesn't have the "tall" status and I'm pretty sure that's what you're looking for. The same way a guy that makes $90,000 a year is technically rich, but he's only "rich" when he makes a 6-figure salary.

I find that it's not the measurement or lack thereof that makes or breaks it for some women, it's the fact that men don't meet some arbitrary standard, which exist as a benchmark for women to decide whether or not they think they can do better.

• Take a chill pill sir. These are my preferences. I’ve dated guys that are 5’8. I see them as tall. But if you read correctly, I said I find SUPER tall people attractive. Didn’t say I wouldn’t date short guys. I’ve dated a guy who was 5’6. So chill.

Anyway, thanks for reading mytake.

Most Helpful Girls

• This are all pretty common traits woman find attractive in a man (except maybe not so much the nose part). I love how you have Spencer Reed for most of your photos XD

• Lol about the height thing though 😂 I'm 5'2" and my boyfriend is still taller than me at 5'6". Why would you want to feel like a midget in comparison?

• There is something about SUPER tall people that calls to me. I’ve dated average height guys before, so there is that.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 22

• Only the nose (#2) was weird- all of the others were perfectly logical.

• There are definitely unique qualities here that I like hearing from you! It's not often I hear people mentioning about wanting a dancer and someone with a specific nose type which isn't bad in the slightest! I could imagine most women would want the qualities you mentioned with the two other ones being optional for the most part. This was a nice MyTake to read!

• Thanks 🙏

• You're very welcome! Thank you for checking out the MyTake I made as well! Did you enjoy this challenge and hope to do another one in the near future? :)

• This is such a sweet and beautiful mytake!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
    I would hope that my polish dog nose would be attractive lol and I am learning to be better with kids but it is going to take time. And dancing could be good with the right girl, because I am nervous dancing but the right person can open me up to do it!

• and it's not weird stuff by the way

• That’s why I put the question mark after weird because I don’t know if these are considered weird. Thanks for reading it!

• They are totally not weird, they all make sense to me! And it was a pleasure to read it!

• I dont think your choices are weird, nothing Id actively look for in a person but definetly not weird :D

nice MyTake its well written :)

I definetly agree with point 6 the most, people that dont like to dance are either psychos or aliens.

• Hey nice take!
    I'm 3/6 lol. But those are not very weird. 👍

• Which 3 out of 6🤔

• Sorry to hear that! That’s great! Hopefully all goes well 🙏

• Thanks. 😊

• Nice!

But that guy is exactly what a typical handsome guy in mainstream media looks like, he just wears glasses 😂😂😂😂😂😂and his intelligence comes from a script, so it looks to me, what attracts you to him is not intelligence but the appearance of intelligence. I'd be more convinced if you gave a realistic example 😂 like a mathematician, an engineer or even a watchmaker etc.

About the nose, it's very very common for people to judge attractiveness based on the nose, and almost everyone prefers straight, pointy nose, even the Japanese ever since they made their first Anime character (which is based on a Caucasian). People who don't realize the nose is a huge factor in a face's attractiveness probably just lack self awareness.

So these are not weird. (btw is there any girl who doesn't list being tall as a criteria lmao but I'm sure when asked they'd be like "height doesn't matter xD")

Also I can't dance or I'd be super attractive according to you xD

• As I mentioned on the other comments, I wrote “weird?” with a question mark for a reason. I don’t know what other people find weird. It’s not like I interviewed 7billion people in this world to ask them what might be weird to them. Hence the question mark.

Also, I mentioned I like Dr. Spencer Reid (as a character) not the actor himself. I am attracted to his character in criminals minds. And thanks for stating that it comes from the script captain obvious 😂

Thanks, for reading mytake.

• To have an idea of how likely a girl with these criteria has a partner haha

Intelligence is not even an important factor when I find someone attractive, I like kindness and I like good look, I'd love to date someone who is silly but is kind to me and is beautiful

• Plus, from what I've seen, there's a world of difference between what I consider intelligent and what other people here consider intelligent, so I can't be picky about it :(

• Not weird. Though, I might just be biased because I have at least 5 of those 6 qualities.

• Nice 👍

• It's only the nose I'm not sure about, mainly because I guess I don't really know what makes a good nose.

• As long as it’s not hooked, it fine ;)
      Haha I am usually attracted to long, pointy straight nose vs a hooked one.

• 1. Intelligence for me is important as well, because you have to be able to have good conversations and not worry about one or the other becoming boring. Intellectual conversations is stimulating, while mundane is mundane.
    2-3 I know you liked those already
    4. Important to be good around kids, because if the person isn't, they likely won't be great at supporting their kids and raising them properly. Chances are, if they don't like kids, they most likely won't want kids either.
    5. Usually one's happiness rubs off on the other. This is great
    6. I mean if they aren't even willing to learn... this goes for other skills too

• Nothing weird about that except maybe for nose, definitely not height for a girl haha...

• "when a guy can challenge me intellectually, I literally get wet."
    lolz , I liked that, but it is not usually true
    Nice , I liked your take
    Height is really something hard when it comes to women xd

• Well it’s true to me. I don’t know about other people and I don’t care.

Thanks for reading mytake.

• That is good thing
      and you are welcome
      Good job

• I'm these things except I'm 5'6". LOL

Nice Take

You should invite @LegateLanius and see how tall he is. 😉👍

• You know it's really urprising that All the elements that you've mentioned can be found in South Asian guys... 😉

• Happiness is subjective. If my girlfriend makes me happy, it'd guaranteed.

• I admire your thoughts, but I know most women won't agree with you.

• Actually, I agree to #1, 3,4, 5, and 6. You'd be surprised. I don't care for noses because I find hands to be more attractive.

• Thank you

• Sweet

• A lot of women have those or similar as standards.

• Hence why I put the question mark after weird because I don’t know what are the standards for all the women. And if you read some of the comments, some people find them weird. Thanks for reading mytake.

• thats me lol

• These are weird lol

• My Mom wanted me to dance with her the last time she was able to go out and dance, though I refused due to my consciousness. I will never dance with a woman since I didn't dance with my Mom. So I guess I should end my journey to find a woman since dancing is what they care about. I guarantee no woman on this earth will ever take my Mom's place and no woman on this earth will take her dance.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 8

• Those aren't weird silly

• I completely agree about intelligence. It's extremely attractive! Thanks for the mention though, I'll see if I have some free time to write 👐

• I literally am madly in love with Dr. Spencer Reid AND Matthew Gublar.

• He is a gem isn’t he?

• He’s so cute , I used to watch the show with my mom when I lived at home and she liked Morgan, but I liked Reid.

• Intelligence I get. The others are kinda weird, but to each their own.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• Nice!

• 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

• So good

• I find noses attractive too! lol