6 (Weird?) Things I Find Attractive In a Man

mel1695

Dr. Spencer Reid
Dr. Spencer Reid

Hey there it’s Mel,

Recently, I was nominated by @LegateLanius who challenged me to write a MyTake on #whatIfindattractivechallenge , a challenge created by @AngelicSin

Shall we begin?

I can make this MyTake short and my life easier by saying everything about Dr. Spencer Reid is what I find attractive in a man. But, I feel that is too vague. Therefore I will dissect what I find attractive in a man in six easy points.

Side note: Dr. Spencer Reid is the type of man I see myself marrying to: the nerdy type.

1. Intelligence

Don’t worry Reid, I’ve read 7 books in one week before.
Super hot sexy guy with glasses
Super hot sexy guy with glasses

Nothing gets me drooling more over a man than his intelligence and ability to talk about everything. I actually want him to be a walking Wikipedia. I’m not even kidding right now, when a guy can challenge me intellectually, I literally get wet. I find myself attracted to a man with glasses, sitting in a library and reading a book rather than a typical handsome guy you see on mainstream media.

2. Nose 👃

Yes, you read it correctly, I’m attracted to noses. That’s actually the first thing I see when I check out a guy. I look at the shape of his nose and there are types of noses I am more attracted to than others (such as a straight, pointy nose).

3. Height

He’s 6’1
He’s 6’1
He is 6’0 and she is 5’1
He is 6’0 and she is 5’1

Something about a man being super tall that calls to me. I love when a man is 6 ft or taller so that he can tower over my mere 5’1ft height. Moreover, I want to give my future kids a fighting chance to be average height.

4. Family-oriented/great with kids

Coming from a Latino community, where family always comes first, I often find it attractive if a guy is very family oriented and cares for his family and friends. It tells me a lot about his character based on his relationship with his family and how he treats them. Additionally, maybe it’s my hormones but when I see a man is great with kids and can be the right amount of childish, I find that EXTREMELY attractive. It tells me that he will be great with our future kids.

5. Happiness

There’s nothing more attractive and precious in this world than when a man smiles and is happy. Simple as that. Happiness is intoxicating for me and ultimately draws me to the person.

6. Must be a dancer or willing to learn to dance

I’m a dancer and enjoy dancing whenever I get the chance to do so. Thus, it’s only natural that I find a man who can dance (or is willing to dance) attractive. If you are sitting down in a dark corner, brooding, that’s a complete turn off for me.

Anyway, I challenge:

@GetzRekt

@9teen

@Ellie-V

@jcampbell115

@DizzyDesii

@Kyren

#whatIfindattractivechallenge

#nerdyguysrule

And that is it for now. Thank you for reading and see you next time

-Mel

24
10
10Girl Opinion
24Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• Anonymous

1. Intelligence? I have above average intelligence, but not Dr. Reid level.

2. Nose? Mine is kind of large. Some people told me I have a "Jew nose"... whatever that means.

3. Height? I am six feet tall and have a slender build that is comparable to Dr. Reid.

4. Family-oriented/great with kids? I come from a dysfunctional family, so... As for kids, I am told that I am a great babysitter.

5. Happiness? Sadly, I suffer from depression... therapy and medicine helps, but...

6. Good dancer? I am a klutz... I don't think I need to say anymore than that with regards to dancing.

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • mel1695

You still sound like a catch! I googled “jewish” nose and that is still an attractive nose tbh.
      I think being a klutz or having two left feet can be a fun thing while dancing. You shouldn’t give up on dancing just because of that.
      Thank you for reading mytake :)

• Anonymous

Oh, well thanks for the compliments :)

• Investigator

Lady, you're 5'1". I tower over you already, at my "mere" 5'8". Find a better excuse.

I know you say 6', because anything less doesn't have the "tall" status and I'm pretty sure that's what you're looking for. The same way a guy that makes $90,000 a year is technically rich, but he's only "rich" when he makes a 6-figure salary.

I find that it's not the measurement or lack thereof that makes or breaks it for some women, it's the fact that men don't meet some arbitrary standard, which exist as a benchmark for women to decide whether or not they think they can do better.

LikeDisagree 5 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • mel1695

Take a chill pill sir. These are my preferences. I’ve dated guys that are 5’8. I see them as tall. But if you read correctly, I said I find SUPER tall people attractive. Didn’t say I wouldn’t date short guys. I’ve dated a guy who was 5’6. So chill.

Anyway, thanks for reading mytake.

Most Helpful Girls

• Distants

This are all pretty common traits woman find attractive in a man (except maybe not so much the nose part). I love how you have Spencer Reed for most of your photos XD

Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
  • VixenRach

Lol about the height thing though 😂 I'm 5'2" and my boyfriend is still taller than me at 5'6". Why would you want to feel like a midget in comparison?

Like 3 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • mel1695

There is something about SUPER tall people that calls to me. I’ve dated average height guys before, so there is that.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

822
  • Logorithim

Only the nose (#2) was weird- all of the others were perfectly logical.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Kyren

There are definitely unique qualities here that I like hearing from you! It's not often I hear people mentioning about wanting a dancer and someone with a specific nose type which isn't bad in the slightest! I could imagine most women would want the qualities you mentioned with the two other ones being optional for the most part. This was a nice MyTake to read!

Like 2 People
    Reply
    • mel1695

Thanks 🙏

• Kyren

You're very welcome! Thank you for checking out the MyTake I made as well! Did you enjoy this challenge and hope to do another one in the near future? :)

• Jjpayne

This is such a sweet and beautiful mytake!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
    I would hope that my polish dog nose would be attractive lol and I am learning to be better with kids but it is going to take time. And dancing could be good with the right girl, because I am nervous dancing but the right person can open me up to do it!

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • Jjpayne

and it's not weird stuff by the way

• mel1695

That’s why I put the question mark after weird because I don’t know if these are considered weird. Thanks for reading it!

• Jjpayne

They are totally not weird, they all make sense to me! And it was a pleasure to read it!

• xTom98

I dont think your choices are weird, nothing Id actively look for in a person but definetly not weird :D

nice MyTake its well written :)

I definetly agree with point 6 the most, people that dont like to dance are either psychos or aliens.

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • VaIiant

I literally am madly in love with Dr. Spencer Reid AND Matthew Gublar.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • mel1695

He is a gem isn’t he?

• VaIiant

He’s so cute , I used to watch the show with my mom when I lived at home and she liked Morgan, but I liked Reid.

• 9teen

I completely agree about intelligence. It's extremely attractive! Thanks for the mention though, I'll see if I have some free time to write 👐

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • mel1695

I look forward to it :)

Thanks for reading mytake!

• Prankster13

Hey nice take!
    I'm 3/6 lol. But those are not very weird. 👍

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • mel1695

Which 3 out of 6🤔

• Well I'm not smart-- but I have a nose.
      I'm not tall-- but I'm family friendly.
      I'm not happy atm-- but I can certainly dance.

• mel1695

Haha of course you have a nose😂
      And why aren’t you happy at the moment?

• IlyaTheImpaler

Nice!

But that guy is exactly what a typical handsome guy in mainstream media looks like, he just wears glasses 😂😂😂😂😂😂and his intelligence comes from a script, so it looks to me, what attracts you to him is not intelligence but the appearance of intelligence. I'd be more convinced if you gave a realistic example 😂 like a mathematician, an engineer or even a watchmaker etc.

About the nose, it's very very common for people to judge attractiveness based on the nose, and almost everyone prefers straight, pointy nose, even the Japanese ever since they made their first Anime character (which is based on a Caucasian). People who don't realize the nose is a huge factor in a face's attractiveness probably just lack self awareness.

So these are not weird. (btw is there any girl who doesn't list being tall as a criteria lmao but I'm sure when asked they'd be like "height doesn't matter xD")

Also I can't dance or I'd be super attractive according to you xD

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • mel1695

As I mentioned on the other comments, I wrote “weird?” with a question mark for a reason. I don’t know what other people find weird. It’s not like I interviewed 7billion people in this world to ask them what might be weird to them. Hence the question mark.

Also, I mentioned I like Dr. Spencer Reid (as a character) not the actor himself. I am attracted to his character in criminals minds. And thanks for stating that it comes from the script captain obvious 😂

Thanks, for reading mytake.

• I simply had to state that to support my observation that you like the appearance of intelligence

Pls forgive me for being captain Obvious, I knew that you like a fictional character but if I didn't say I knew that, you'd have to correct me like you just did, and if I said it, you'd said I was stating the obvious, like you just did 😂

I enjoyed this article haha makes me feel a good about myself

• by the way are u single?

• Intelligence I get. The others are kinda weird, but to each their own.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • ryancg

Not weird. Though, I might just be biased because I have at least 5 of those 6 qualities.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • mel1695

Nice 👍

• ryancg

It's only the nose I'm not sure about, mainly because I guess I don't really know what makes a good nose.

• mel1695

As long as it’s not hooked, it fine ;)
      Haha I am usually attracted to long, pointy straight nose vs a hooked one.

• NYCQuestions1976

I'm these things except I'm 5'6". LOL

Nice Take

You should invite @LegateLanius and see how tall he is. 😉👍

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • AbdKilani

"when a guy can challenge me intellectually, I literally get wet."
    lolz , I liked that, but it is not usually true
    Nice , I liked your take
    Height is really something hard when it comes to women xd

Reply
    • mel1695

Well it’s true to me. I don’t know about other people and I don’t care.

Thanks for reading mytake.

• AbdKilani

That is good thing
      and you are welcome
      Good job

• jcampbell115

1. Intelligence for me is important as well, because you have to be able to have good conversations and not worry about one or the other becoming boring. Intellectual conversations is stimulating, while mundane is mundane.
    2-3 I know you liked those already
    4. Important to be good around kids, because if the person isn't, they likely won't be great at supporting their kids and raising them properly. Chances are, if they don't like kids, they most likely won't want kids either.
    5. Usually one's happiness rubs off on the other. This is great
    6. I mean if they aren't even willing to learn... this goes for other skills too

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Slim57

Nothing weird about that except maybe for nose, definitely not height for a girl haha...

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • BirdFan360

Happiness is subjective. If my girlfriend makes me happy, it'd guaranteed.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Gramkabir

You know it's really urprising that All the elements that you've mentioned can be found in South Asian guys... 😉

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • McKellar

I admire your thoughts, but I know most women won't agree with you.

Reply
    • Actually, I agree to #1, 3,4, 5, and 6. You'd be surprised. I don't care for noses because I find hands to be more attractive.

• zagor

A lot of women have those or similar as standards.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • mel1695

Hence why I put the question mark after weird because I don’t know what are the standards for all the women. And if you read some of the comments, some people find them weird. Thanks for reading mytake.

• Show More (10)
Community of trusted and anonymous friends where girls and guys help each other.

Click the button below to add your opinion now!