"Pick-Up Artists" Say the Darndest Things.

But I'll play some devil's advocate for the devils here, and assume they are genuine. I'll assume, for the sake of all arguments, they want to help. I'll assume their advice comes from their heart, and I'll take it for granted. Even with all of this laid out, there is a lot of advice they give that is nonsensical, vague, and worst of all, contradictory.

In case you all are pondering on where I am getting the PUA's self-proclaimed "advice", I'm taking this from various websites, and Youtube videos. If you're bored, type in "PUA/Dating Coach Advice" on Google, and you will see similar advice. The advice tips I'm listing come from all over the internet, and in some cases, advice I've heard in real life. Here are four dating advice tips, according to these "PUAs."

PUA Advice: "Just be yourself."

This one takes the cake for its own absurdity. And this is one piece of advice I see from nearly everyone in dating, not just PUAs. Before you argue with me, tell me this: How much sense does it make to tell someone to "be yourself" while giving them advice...on how to change themselves.

If you tell someone to "be yourself", don't give them advice on the most efficient ways to change themselves.

Quite frankly, I never did agree with the advice anyway. I'm one of those people who are a "what you see is what you see" scenario, and that scenario has been a brutal experiment for me. Unfortunately, this hasn't granted me too much luck in the dating scene. Chances are, if I put on an act, it would help me to some degree with the opposite sex. The problem with me, is I'm too stubborn to change.

However, changing isn't necessarily a bad thing in the first place. In many cases, the problem is that you are being yourself in the first place. If you're hard-headed, maybe it's time to tone it down. If you're a poor man, maybe it's time to find a way to make more money. If you let yourself go, maybe it's time for an appearance change. Maybe "yourself" is a repel to others.

PUA Advice: "Women don't care about money; just wear nice clothes, cologne, have a nice place, a good car, etc."

Don't act like you haven't heard this charade.

Chances are, the angry male singleton will spout off "women only like guys with a lot of money", and rage into what appears to be a future mass-shooter. This is when the clever PUA shoots him down, and says "look, women don't care about how much money you make." This sounds good, right? What can go wrong saying this?

Well, first of all, it's not true for most women. But I won't even go there right now. Instead, here is the bigger problem.

After the PUA gets done being the white knight, he then states that women do care about a guy with nice clothes, a nice house, a nice car, and any other "nice" things. And of course, by the word "nice", the PUA is referring to clothes from Banana Republic, a new car, a large house, Calvin Klein cologne, and other luxury items.

If you're admitting women want you to have luxury items, you're admitting women want a man with a lot of money.

And cease on the term "financially stable." I'm a teacher, and I'm financially stable, but that doesn't mean a trip to Dubai on a first-class flight is anytime soon in the future. I have a 2015 Chevy Malibu, not an expensive foreign car. I have clothes from Walmart, because...I actually don't care about fashion that much.

However, if money doesn't pull women, does this mean the wealthy, famous men who pull women all the time are just...that sexy? It makes me wonder.

PUA Advice: Approach, Approach, Approach her.

According to PUA's, we're not humans.

Instead, we're uncivilized wild animals in the Savannah hunting each other. It's the male lion's duty to approach the female lion, no matter where she is at. This can be out in the open field, behind a bush, in the jungle, or with her peers.

In other words, approach a woman no matter who she is, how old she is, where she is, or who she's with.

If you approach a girl, and she tells she doesn't want to be approached, she probably doesn't want to be approached.

First of all, we're on the verge of entering the 2020s, and at this point, online dating is ingrained with our culture. We have several dating websites, applications, and unlike the good ol' days, online dating is not only socially acceptable, but expected. Perhaps before the online surge of dating, this would have been fine. But times have changed, and approaching women is quite rare in the first place.

Also, most women I come across don't actually want men to approach them, at least not among Generation Y'ers, and Generation Z'ers. Hell, the new Gilette commercial is making it quite clear we are sexual predators just for approaching women.

(P.S. I actually wish we met people like they did in the good ol' days. It's too bad we're all paranoid, and don't mingle with each other anymore).

PUA Advice: "Looks don't matter"

When it comes to men, this is the advice I actually agree with the most from the PUA's The problem is-just like every other problem I have with the PUA community-is how extreme they take their measures.

Of course looks matter to some extend, even for males. It's time to just face the reality that some men who are conventionally physically unattractive, and are deemed as "creeps" before anyone gets to know them. On the contrary, conventionally attractive men have no problems getting women to approach them.

And of course, most men fall in the middle, and are subjectively ranked by others. The bottom line is, your looks will play a role sometime in your life(not just dating), and it's time to ignore this obvious fact.

I'll stop here. What are some other things PUA's have said?

945
EnglishArtsteacher is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly I agree with some and disagree with some. See, I married my highschool sweetheart and the only guy I had sex with after a decade together. We didn't have too nickels to rub together. We went to university together and had camp furniture for our home. It was fine because we loved one another and we're happy. Making money is where we had problems. He bought into the whole you need to have a lot of money and had to have the designer labels well I still shopped at value village. In the end we parted ways because that money he made turned into an expensive drug habit I wasn't cool with. My second boyfriend was in university and I had an adopted little girl I took in. I supported him through university then refused to be the breadwinner when we had a baby together. Things were tight, but we had our little family and we made it work. Eventually, money became the issue because he wanted to make more and focused on what he wanted then what he had. I can live poor and happy instead of rich and miserable. I'm also not afraid to approach guys. I'm not a supermodel by any means so I don't kid myself by thinking I'm too good for anyone. If you treat me good then I'll move mountains to make you happy. It has to be a give and take. You can't be the one always giving. So I think it stands that people need to better matched and more honest about what they want. Sometimes people force a relationship when their incompatible and that's where the problem lies. People also live in a day and age where if it's broken, throw it all. I have old school values that if something is broken, you fix it. Some people have values and respect, where as others are superficial. It depends on people in general not gender specific. Great take otherwise.

• You should only know how photo models looks like IRL without makeup or photoshop.

• Awe Tony you make me blush. Thank you for being so kind.

• Your welcome miss lish lush 😊

Most Helpful Guys

• My God you're angry and so very very very very very wrong..

To address the situation about women and money I'll point you to my answer I wrote on quora.

www.quora.com/.../Scott-Rist-1

When they say be yourself they mean be yourself.

Most guys and people in general alter their persona to some degree to try and seem "cool". The way I describe it is I need to be the same guy that jams in his car singing the words to the song like an idiot all the time around everyone and anyone. No need to tone down behavior. People will respect you for being real. Some will love you for it. Some will hate it. But they'll respect you. Don't be real with them and they won't love you, hate you , or respect you.

We are animals and more or less are hunting each other...

We are here to reproduce to continue life as we know it. So we partake in mating rituals that more or less is a dance back and forth of social dynamics.

Yes. Online dating is a thing. Expected. Don't be like everyone else. Approach. Men are becoming soooo beta that women are starting more and more to do the approach because men aren't because they believe they are all rapists.

• I read your Quora answer, and it's assuming rich men are generally "driven", and "confident." This would make sense, except... there is no evidence for such, and women would rather have money, not the personality traits. Someone could randomly hit the lottery (which has no correlation to hard work), and the guy will have women after them. This isn't news to anyone who isn't living under a rock.

And you can't tell someone to be themselves if you're giving them PUA tips. That's an actual contradiction. People are getting advice so they no longer are themselves.

And if you're admitting women already have a view that men are rapists, then why do you advise that men approach women?

• 2019 men are definitely soyboys

• So what about the plethora of women who are dating men who don't have money? They are all in it for the money too? Not sure how that's supposed to work.

Im telling you for 100% certain I'm correct about this. If you read my Quora answer you'd also have seen at the bottom it said

"And yes there are definitely some women who are only in it for the money" something to that degree. Because that is most certainly true just not to the majority of women.

• Didn't think I'd have to defend PUAs but okay.

I think they also give your version of the advice to. Your hear lots of things from PUAs, you can't just pick the interpretations of things that seem the worst to you.

"approach a woman no matter who she is, how old she is, where she is, or who she's with."
    No one says that stuff. I would say they would encourage you to approach everyone you find attractive at most -- and the point is that you'll be able to be confident and relaxed in the face of rejection while the numbers game plays out. Maybe they don't want to be approached, okay then they can just say that when you talk to them and everyone moves on.

Looks obviously matter, but I feel they're more speaking to the average guy who's feeling insecure. If you've got an average amount of money, an average body and average personality, then if you just be active and keep trying, keep approaching and being yourself then you'll eventually run into people who will like you. Looks obviously matter but confidence counts for a lot to compliment that and that often makes the difference, so it becomes the dominant piece of advice.

• "No one says that stuff. I would say they would encourage you to approach everyone you find attractive at most -- and the point is that you'll be able to be confident and relaxed in the face of rejection while the numbers game plays out. Maybe they don't want to be approached, okay then they can just say that when you talk to them and everyone moves on"

I actually agree with this advice, but women in our generation (and younger) simply do not care anymore. To them, every man is a "creeper" for approaching them, and it's becoming a thing of the past.

And "confidence" doesn't mean much of anything anymore. Several depressed rockstars hate themselves, and have women throwing themselves at them (Kurt Cobain was popular among everyone, and had zero confidence). People don't know what that word means either.

These PUAs are out of touch with reality. They think nothing has changed in the past century for dating, and we're still hunters, and gatherers "programmed" to date based on specific actions.

• "I actually agree with this advice, but women in our generation (and younger) simply do not care anymore. To them, every man is a "creeper" for approaching them, and it's becoming a thing of the past."
      I agree with this but I don't think kowtowing to being starved for intimacy is a great alternative either. I don't thing accepting it as thing of the past is good, there's no reason that what we do at this moment in history is necessarily better or even good. And that's why you see different groups appearing or at least becomes more prevalent with their different solutions to these issues: PUAs, MGTOW, MRM. They all have valid approaches in my opinion, the one option I don't respect the is "I'm going to pretend this is fine and let it happen attitude."

"depressed rockstars" are rockstars though, they make up for their weakness with extreme status and lifestyle. The vulnerability makes them seen attainable and relatable from their godlike position. If they weren't rocks stars then they women would call them losers and if they were confident and happy but average then that would count for a lot among a sea of average people.

"out of touch with reality"
      I think reality can get a little messed up. I see them as trying to adapt to the situation to get the things they need in their life rather than wholly and unquestioningly accepting the zeitgeist. So of course it's going to look like "programming" -- especially since I don't think it's ever been the norm to be proficient at such things. They're trying to hone an uncommon if not at least neglected skill, so it makes sense to me that it feels "calculated." But I also don't see anything wrong with that.

Join the discussion

843
  • Sam Ovens is my boy! Great thinker and business leader... not a PUA.

• A good pick up artist knows the psychology of interaction between men and women, and knows how to speak well, showcasing signs of dominant/confident body language, hand gestures (being animated), and eye contact. Good pick up artists also know the science of what attracts a woman to a man and what kind of techniques and teachings can be applied to broadest audience, perhaps making such techniques universal. I think pick up artists have gained some stigma by certain people, so perhaps a different name for these “pick up artists” is in order. I certainly didn’t think favorably of them but I’m starting to understand some of their methodologies. They’re essentially individuals who are good and confident communicators/speakers and understand the science behind female attraction. Some pickup artists may say something undesirable but some may say something that can actually help a person become more confident and socializing better with the opposite sex. You just need to have an open ear and listen to what someone is saying and see if there’s any substance to it

• I'm no PUA as that is not my heart, but I've watched/read enough that it's been of benefit to growth. These "pricks" decoded women and in a way, can be useful for strengthening your own sense of self. Dont' take their values, take their skills and knowledge! I prefer other sources, but one can draw from many sources these days. Take what I say with an open mind, gleen from it what you will...

Be yourself - re-translate... means be your best self, authentic, giving positive energy, not the POS mess battle weary male the world made (see graphic). We are all damaged, call them beta males, emotionally wounded, or just not developed. Rise above all that to be the emotionally strong self that can give the girl your positive heart emotion, something of value. rRad Genesis 2-3 again if you read Bible, or I'll explain it. "Too stubborn to change..." there... that is poison to a female, understand why? It's old wounds soldier...

$ - you are thinking like a logical man, so I know for sure you are a man... lol!:) Womens emotions swing and so are these guys answers. You can engage and turn on a girls switches looking like crap in a trashed out car, I've done it, there are videos proving it. You have the right energy! Creepy is internal emotional energy that says "I need you, I need to take from you". That's different than positive giving energy. Now after she gets her emotions back, she's going to want all the stuff she wanted before, whatever that is. Women like the man to look the part of status, they want a prize, she can feel proud of. keeps attraction going.

Approach - valid, and invalid. I was out last weekend, cold approached 7 women (and several men) on my own, no social support, just to hone my social skills. They all welcomed it, we had great engagement. Had 2 offers... and could have done better with 2 others in hindsight... live and learn. This to me is a workout. I go to the gym for body, I socialize for my mind and heart. It's hard, it is hard to do right... but it is... how we are designed... see my writeup on Oxytocin.

In general, what I read is you an emotionally closed off beta male... comfortable in your cocoon the world made for you. Are you not to be a butterfly? It's a bi#@h to get out of that cocoon, but new world awaits when you do.

Looks. I think the point is, they aren't as important as men think they are. Have a stellar personality or other value quality (high status, passion), you'll win bigger than your looks would allow normally.

Treat women well, they are precious.

• The PUA "community" isn't what it used to be like. It's now full of contradiction and useless "advice" depending on who you follow. The majority of what you see is highly edited to sell their overpriced programs.

Being yourself originally meant don't lie to the girl to make her believe you are something you are not. If you're not a brain surgeon then don't lead her to think you are.

Money. Men hear that women want security. Men translate that into money. What it really means is emotional security. If women really cared so much about money, then they wouldn't date, or marry, some Joe Schmo who is a stock worker at a market. Or, the delivery guy for some local pizza joint. The only guys with good looking women would be those with 7 figure bank accounts.
    As far as money is concerned, women just want to know they are not going live in a paper bag if they are going to enter into a relationship with the guy.

The approaching thing. Not really the case. Today a lot of PUA "coaches" spout this. And it's wrong. What's suppose to happen is you find out what you are doing wrong, and what you are doing right. Simply approaching and making the same mistake doesn't work.
    Approaching every woman no matter where she is, or what she's doing, is just being an ass.
    As for women not wanting to approached. That isn't the case. Just look around here on GAG, and lots of women, of all ages, actually say they don't mind it. Just don't be an idiot while doing it. Have some consideration for the situation.

Looks. Of course looks do play a role. But, just because a guy is balding, or carries a few extra pounds doesn't mean there isn't a woman out there for him. Every person has their own version of what they find attractive.
    This is where clothes, and hygiene, come back into the fold.
    Don't dress like a 12 year old. Make sure your clothes are clean and at least fit. Shop where you want, it really doesn't matter.

Just as in marketing, you want to appeal to widest audience possible. If you have purple hair, wear a worn out Captain America t-shirt, have stained jeans, and haven't shaved in a week, you are not going to appeal to a large group of women.

However, if you have a classic style of dress, while looking and smelling as if you at least give a damn, you will appeal to a much wider group of women.

Yes, some PUA's get obsessed with the whole thing. Which is a shame because a lot of them leave a trail of destruction in their wake. They become users, and players for their own gratification. Which is wrong.

But, some guys just need a little help to find out where they are going wrong, so that a girl will at least give him a chance to show her he has something to offer. They just need to be shown how they can move from being appealing to just a few, to being appealing to much wider group. You don't need a $5,000 suit, $300 cologne, $100,000 car, and a mansion to be appealing.

Some guys just need a little help in how to approach, and talk to a girl, so it isn't awkward or creepy. Unfortunately, today, the PUA "coaches" out there today are not about that. They are about making money selling overpriced non-sense, and getting as many girls into bed as they can.

• While I agree with some of the things you and the other guys are saying, I don't fully agree.

I used to be terrible with girls. I was always an extremely shy kid. However I was able to learn from certain guys in the PUA scene and I greatly improved.

Many PUA coaches are charlatans who don't really know what they're talking about and are just looking to sell bullshit to gullible men, who are often easily fooled because they lack the social intelligence to see it for what it is. Often the men who go there looking for advice are on the autism spectrum which is why they struggle in the first place.

This is why most people think that PUA is complete bullshit. However, a small few of them really do know what they're talking about and give great advice.

I've never seen a PUA say "just be yourself". That's the usual bullshit advice people give guys who are struggling, and that annoys me because clearly if nobody likes you you're probably doing something wrong, and this basically means "never improve". Any guy who listens to this will only stay lonely and miserable rather than fixing whatever it is that he's doing that puts women off of him.

As for money and looks, some people over-estimate the importance. You should look your best and obviously work hard to succeed in life, but you don't need to be 6'2", shredded, with a six figure income in order to get women. You get all of these guys on here complaining that they can't get girlfriends because they're 5'8" - I'm 5'4" and have done fine. When obsessing over that too much makes you insecure, it's the insecurity that is more off-putting to women than your lack of whatever it is, so the idea behind telling guys this is partly because it's true, and partly to encourage them not to beat themselves up about things they shouldn't worry about too much.

The approaching thing - I don't know where you get these ideas from. Maybe you're afraid to approach yourself (understandable), afraid of rejection, maybe you've done some bad approaches or something. But in general, women do like to be approached by decent guys. There are plenty of girls who ask why many men stare but don't approach. There are also things you can do to see whether a girl wants to be approached before you even approach her.

• On the approaching, our generation is more of a virtual generation. This is why dating applications are so popular (think of how big Tinder has become).

Approaching isn't socially acceptable in our age range, and it's quite obvious with women.

• Maybe that's how it is for women in the United Kingdom, but not here in the United States of America. Everyone is so paranoid these days, and women think every guy is a "creeper" for approaching them.

• Not at all. If anything English girls, and English people in general, are more reserved than Americans. English guys into the PUA stuff who've gone over to America have often said this. If women think you're a creeper it's usually down to the way you approach them.

Often with this lack of face to face social skills, it makes people more nervous and anxious. Women are anxious about being approached, and men are anxious about approaching. The way you act also has an effect on the other person - if you feel awkward and anxious, most likely that's gonna make the other person feel awkward and anxious, especially if they're already feeling that way themselves.

So, man feels awkward, approaches woman who feels awkward, approaches in an awkward way = makes her feel more awkward.

However, man feels very confident, approaches woman who feels awkward, approaches in a relaxed, confident way = she begins to feel more relaxed and confident herself.

Check out this video by Matt Hussey - one of the guys I learned from. He mainly gives dating advice to women nowadays. Notice how he's giving advice to a room full of women on how to make it easier for men to approach them, because they WANT to be approached. At one part he mentions how nervous men are approaching and that this is the reason why women experience guys "doing creepy shit". That's what I'm saying - if the guy feels awkward/lacks confidence and doesn't know what he's doing he's gonna approach in an awkward way, and that's when he's gonna look creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY9TVpgqf_I

• 'PUA Advice: "Just be yourself."..

Most major PUA organisations like RSD don't say that. That's bullshit. If they did say that then why would you bother to watch them then? All of their teachings would be irrelevant because you wouldn't be yourself if you emulate them.

• Well you touch my heart with your opinion because I'm a follower, but I will try to make a constructive reply:
    1. Be yourself, but never stop to change
    It's one of the wisest and generic advices they say, question is... Has the guru consciousness enough to say it on the right way? And, is the student ready to understand?
    I say it because is one of the most important things to understand before playing the game.
    (from now on, I will asume that playing is an important process for dating, if you think dating doesn't have an important part of playing, you should read EBerne, father of cognitive conductual therapy, he is a psychologist not a PUA, if you still doesn't consider it, you can stop reading).
    Well about that sentence, it means something that many women asks on this forum:be a man, not a nice guy, neither an asshole.
    But to get it, YOU MUST DISCOVER WHO YOU REALLY ARE. it's the secret of this sentence, there are two powerful messages here: 1. You have what you need inside of you, 2. You aren't acting as you really are.
    If the guru can see above all the layers of trash with whom many men go there he can reveal for few time who he really is, which are his true habilities and save a lot of time and money.
    But it depends of the hability of the guru.

2. Women don't care about money, but they care about lookings
    Let's be realistic, looks matter, but it isn't the only thing which matters, on my opinion, if you understood what the first advice meant you will have an idea of what image you must take, and yes, you must invest on that image, but if you aren't behind gold diggers, it doesn't have to be Calvin Klein, in fact you are a teacher, why not started with intellectual image? It's really cheaper, and you tell the girls you date with two relevant things:1 you are intelligent 2 for sexual purposes the history of the professor, it isn't that any women will fall in your arms, but it has their public.
    3. approach, approach, approach

Yes, I think it's bad said, I would say more... Be polite and say hello, be polite and say hello, be polite and say hello.
    Start a conversation is free, healthy, and if you are good it's funny, and if a girls doesn't want to talk with you, she says and you leave, as simple as it.
    But many women I'm dating now, come from the bus, the plane, the train, the supermarket... To say hello are nothing more that good manners, it doesn't have more intentions that it (its usually combined with lack of desire advice) but it opens many doors to meet new people, and it makes your life richer.

About what other things, you forgot the top 3:
    1. Want women but not desire them.
    This advice is the game application of a Zen principle:world gives you what you want. But not what you desire, it's from Lao Tse.
    It works on this form, you see a funny girl in front of you and you say hello, and you open, what will she see on you at that time? She can see two things:1 your intentions 2 a projection of her problems.

• You can't make anything against bad projections, but only women with great problems will act on that way, most of them will be polite and answer, and will give you the chance to know her.

2. Make something impressive in front of her
      You need to be yourself before doing this, so, if you still doesn't understand what it means, barely will be able to make this one. You need to be yourself, because you need to know what you can make that can impress to someone like her.
      3. Retire from the roulette when you are still wining.

If she is interested into you it's time to her to ask for some date, or let her to ask for you.

And one which on my opinion should be there but it isn't

SEX
      Which is the best part of you as a sexual partner?

• I'm only helpless against handsome men. I dont care about anyhing else really, beauty and eroticisim are the only things that will impress me.

• Pua is a bunch of bullshit. Mystery who is a pua "master" learned his "techniques" from the original pua "master" himself. Also when mystery aka Erik had his reality show he hired a paid actor to be on it to win the competition. Several years after his show ended he was on a few forums whining like a little bitch how the mother of his kid won't let him see his daughter. And he still has to pay child support to her and can't afford it and blah blah blah. The big musclebound guy he was working with I didn't bother to look him up. But there's another pua a female who lives out in England yes she's attractive but a big phoney. She's divorced with a child and she has breast implants. She does the pua bullshit to support herself and her kid. Whatever these phoney baloney horses asses say is full of hogwash and full of shit. First looks do matter. Women will NEVER admit to this but they're just as shallow if not more shallow than men. They check us out as much as we check them out. Second if you look good and smell good and have a good body a woman won't give a rats ass what the guy has to say if she wants a one night stand with her. That's the cold hard reality of the matter. These so called pua's don't teach you how to keep a relationship going once you get a girl either. Basically the whole thing is full of shit complete horse shit.

• the British woman pua who I was referring to above her name is kelzia or kelsia noble

• 80-95% (I forgot the exact number) of what you say ain't coming from your mouth --- will Smith meaning body language is used more than words

• Looks and money that's all women care about

• My brother sent a video to me by a pick up artist, and he was talking about these simple little things he does to get people's (specifically women's) attention. The first thought I had was that most of the advice that pick up artists give you is about acting like a polite, confident, assertive human being. What a shock that women are more likely to want to hook up with guys and not robots?

• Lmao all of that is the gayest shit ever. You have 2 options. Be really good looking and charismatic. Or have a lot of money. It’s as simple as that. Most likely you’re shit out of luck because you don’t have either. That’s where the 80/20 rule comes in and fate is just working against you.

• My problem with pick up artist especially the ones on YouTube is they all give the same fucking advice then tell you to buy some shit to waste you time guys just be confident and talk to the girl if you fail used what you learned to get the next girl that all you need to know ow

• How do you know you failed?

I ask because even if it looks like you failed you most likely didn't fail with that person. many comes to harsh conclusions little to fast that are off, many female's are experts at it.

• Which is true I myself am a victim of this but the problem is many can't distinguish if they failed or not and that's where they experience comes in you need to get out there you need to talk to women so that'll be easier to find out if you failed or not usually I just go buy if the girl is interested there are many ways to tell this like if you're texting if she leaves you on read aloud if she doesn't text you a lot if she never initiates the tax or if she gives you a lot of one word answers not all of what these came out of say are lies some of them do tell the truth but some just want your money. The real battle is figuring out how women think and react how they operate when your day that's where the real struggle lies cuz we're going to tricky one minute she'll stop texting you and you think I'll maybe she's not interested but she could just be testing you to see if you're trying too hard to get at her or she'll stop texting you and you think did I do something wrong and maybe she's just busy

• I'm some cases even if you've gotten the girl's number even if she is talking to you that doesn't necessarily mean she's interested how I got this one girl's number and I thought all the signs were there that she was interested but turns out she actually was interested in another guy and she had stop texting me and once I took a step back and really thought about it she really want throwing any signs that she liked me to begin with and that's where another problem was distinguishing between signs that a girl likes you and signs that she's just being nice or polite learn about girls is throwing all these signs like guys can read these things so easily and its really annoying but you got to figure out their language if you want to get to them

• - Be yourself as being genuine, not as not improving you.

- Most women don't care about money, but money shows a superior competence.

- Approach her as you would approach any other human. Humans like interacting with humans by default, the same as one gender likes the other by default.

- Looks matter, but nearly all people will be with someone who is just good enough, not extraordinarily sexy. People judge others as a hole.

• "Approach her as you would approach any other human. Humans like interacting with humans by default, the same as one gender likes the other by default"

I've done this several times, and this is completely wrong. Women respond differently, and have to worry about sexual offenders.

People rarely approach, and meet each other anymore anyway.

• You need to be a smooth talker.

• To me pick up artists are ridiculous. They seem to try and change someone to the point they are almost a different person. They also think they can pick up anyone they go up to and if someone turns them down its not their fault but the person's tgey tried to pick up. If going for women they act like they know what every woman likes.

• I hate that pickup artists talk about dating as if it was a computer game. I wish one of them would pick up an actual novel (no, I don't mean Tom Clancy) and realise how clueless they are about humans.

• I don't know what you are reading/hearing but those "advices" are not from PUA's, not even close. Go listen Arash Dibazar.

• tl;dr, but thought you might enjoy this:

• My dad had a phase after his divorce where he did some PUA-ish courses and read some books. He has tried to convince me of some of the advice multiple times.
    One stuck with me:
    According to that PUA, men should never just give a compliment. It should always be followed by something the woman could improve. For instance: "I love your shoes! Very fashionable. Your dress could be a bit better though".
    The idea was that this supposedly shows that you gave the compliment thought, and that you aren't afraid to be critical of her. To me it would come across as being overly negative and frankly rude.

• its one of the most corrupt industries on earth a breeding ground for weirdos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afVgxMJxT8Q

• PUA's are just a variation on "Nice Guy" in that they are both all about methods of manipulating a woman into sex. Most women are not dense and thus understand The Game (pun intended).

• Why are they called pick-up artists, btw? Nothing artistic about it. :/

• PUAs are this unique blend of incel-delusions, MGTOW-misogynism, and rapist-sentiment.

• PUA is bullshit , most of the things they do or say its fake , the girls are paid before to "act" so it looks more real

Like who the fuck are u trying to fool
    the things they say most of the time i can't fkn imagine a girl that would fall for that bullshit at least in the place i live at

If u ever consider learning interations with girls from PUA , u better go fkn out of your house and go to the club or bar or if u dont go to places like that or have no time install #tinder or some other app

looks do matter for id say 70% and the rest is "just a bonus"
    never be yourself from the start , u will FAIL miserably

if u just wanna smash and dash--- fake it till u make it , sell her the dream that she only wants to hear

or if you are going for real relationship - dont be yourself from the start , but dont be too much of not yourself u gotta find a fair balance

• I found this rather entertaining to read, haha. Especially the interpretations. xD

• I looked into pua. Didn't like it. It's basically a routine.
    There are much better ways to handle these things. Read how to be a 3% man. It's much better

• Great take. I studied PUA and ultimately came to a truth about getting women and I'm going to write a take about it.

• Haven't you learned that yet that they sell a product.
    What do you do to sell a product.
    You tell them what a potential customer want to hear. in this case rarely what they need to hear.
    The same thing with what they teach.

The approach is to get fast shallow attraction to get in the other's pants (sexual attraction only).

Those mental triggers or what many calls it, games, they teaches only gets a sartain kind of individuals (those that aren't really ready or mature enough to be in a relationship, people with certain mental issues).

I hope you have realized this and some other parts about that and how it really works.

• “Go ahead, feel my shirt.”
    “It’s made of boyfriend material.”

• Pick up artists? fuck that i learned it through trial and error.
    Honestly just start talking to girls/women, Bump into someone by accident? don't be weird, make conversation, When you go shopping for clothes talk to the female workers, as long as you're not obnoxious/annoying you'll be fine, Don't talk to them with the intention of getting in their pants but just to practice your social skills. who knows sometimes they're interested and if they are they'll let you know.

Just keep in mind women=human, if you talk to them casually just like you talk to your friends it's not awkward.
    I go shopping almost every Saturday (hungover of course haha)
    And at least get a couple phone numbers/snapchats everytime, granted not all of them are interested in me sexually/romantically i did meet some genuine friends like this. Try it out for yourself next time or send me a pm if you want some tips.

• PUAs are helping borderline retarded men. Its all super obvious stuff. You dont know girls dont like fat men wearing dirty smelly clothes who have no hobbies and since you sit at home you never even meet girls in the first place. Now imagine you're this man. And tbh if you dont get girls some aspect of this description is probably you.

Some PUA stuff is genuine education. Who just naturally knows that a girl is trying to manipulate you and you have to answer her quiz correctly? There are a few things like this that clearly are important.

So in general PUA is useful to men. And its not skeevy. If men saying "magic words" and wearing cologne can get in your pants it means you a ho. No excuses.

• I think you would find it sascinating how many PUA's are going MGTOW..

• PUAs come up with a lot of weird stuff my cousin is into this stuff.

The first one however is important in any aspect of life. Be your genuine self is wrong advice. Be your genuine better self, you should always strive to improve yourself. That's the difference between successful and less successful people. To get better with girls also takes effort.

Girls who are more desirable to guys also put a lot of effort in. I mean would like getting your hair. Same if you want to improve with girls you need to put in that effort same as we did with studies, we do with career, social circle, networking, learning any new skill etc. PUAs call it "inner" game.

I am not really fond of well whatever stuff they teach, sounds quirky and odd. But hey if it helps guys get better with girls there is nothing wrong with it. I do dislike misogynistic aspects of PUA however they do tend to be minority though.

• You clearly know very little about PUA.

• 😂 I'm not a player I just crush a lot

• Yes yes looks matter.

• The best PUA advice: BE HOT.

• Anything to get in her panties. ;)

• This isn't artsy

• Lmfao

• LOOKS ARE THE ONLY THING THAT MATTER
    LOL

• I'm a pick-up artist

• l am very nice looking

• They are all scammers

• Nice take

• Ability to communicate

• Keep talking and upping their game. Can’t talk enough. Always talking to hear themselves talk. Then... silent.

• One of my favourite lines, "I wish every woman was like you so no matter what I get a copy".

• Looks never play a factor if you never date

• i thought that whole pua thing is pretty much dead and done for with all this #metoo shit that's been goin' on currently

Show More
1