7 d

Unpopular Opinion: Top Reasons In Defense of Dating Exes Again

Apope16

They Know Your Baggage

Being in a relationship is great at first. But at some point you want to be able to have sex with someone free from judgment later down the line. Why not shag with someone who already knows your vulnerabilities, imperfections, and baggage?

Dating During the Hookup Age is a Dumpster Fire

Let's be honest. In these modern times new people you date have no motivation to be loyal or stay longer than 3 dates. The dating world is far crueler than it was before the dating app age. At the first sign of imperfection or a fight your partner is right back on a dating app secretly swiping for the next hottie to bump uglies with. Save the drama and the heart ache and go back to the heartbreak you at least already know about.

The Sex is Better

Contrary to what people think. The sex is usally not better with a new person. It takes awhile to build sexual rapport and chemistry.

Lower Body Count

STD's are very common. There are millions with them out there. Even if you use protection it doesn't protect against everything like herpes. Not only that but women are slut shamed for their body counts and men are slut shamed too. Why not limit your body count of partners by keeping an ex as a fuck buddy?

The Evils You Know Are Better Than the Ones You Don't

That's right. What is painful is finding out bad things about a new partner. Or being cheated on by someone you thought you were falling in love with. It is better to save the heartache with drama you are familiar with. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT VIOLENCE OR ABUSE!

Better to Fix What's Old than New

It is often better to fix an imperfect relationship from an ex sometimes rather than through the confusion of a new partner. That partner may be new now but every relationship has issues. It's better to try to tweak or repair a relationship you are familiar with rather than be blindsided by a new partner's issues.

5
7

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

57
  • meggykentums
    Dating an ex is okay as long as it is clear that they have already acknowledged and at least begun improving the things that ended it before.

If my ex boyfriend wanted to get back with me he would probably need to know that I have processed what I did wrong and that I am going to continue grow with him.
  • CubsterShura
    Eh, sounds like settling for less cuz we can't get any better. 🤷🏾‍♀️
    • Apope16

Or realizing whats our there is less and you have the prize

• TruthBringer
    Dating an ex again is alright within certain boundaries and it all depends on the context of the relationship and why there was a break-up in the first place. For most people, it just doesn't work out and I advice people to not even try. Sometimes it's best to leave what's broken and find something new rather than trying to fix it. I personally would never want to get back with my exes, because I'm with someone far more suitable with me. There is always someone out there who is more compatible.
  • shalt
    Options like that would be great if both parties can have an adult conversation and a mutual agreement.
  • SavageGirl101
    Nope I’ve never wanted to fuck my ex’s again I just move on to another
  • Kas19
    Can't relate. I wouldn't have sex with any of my exes.
  • warrenstone
    With 3.5 billion other women in the world I’m gonna take a hard pass.
  • Gabboo332
    My recent ex had a lot of baggage, and that did not stop me from loving him at all. I even didn't care to go through his problems with him, and would definitely do it all over again. Great post 💖
  • msc545
    I think you should stop pushing this narrative. The best thing about an ex is that she is GONE.
  • memad
    The only thing I'm gonna do for my ex is going down on her and leaving because she is rude as fuck.
  • Anonymous
    When will you stop coping?
  • Anonymous
    My ex left me because she has seen my flaws.