Girls, do you feel threatened by Instagram?

Today on Instagram there are hundreds if not thousands of pretty, beautiful, sexy, attractive, curvy, exotic girls who make a living off of getting the attention of men of all ages, and even more women who are just minding their own business, all a guy has to do nowadays to see a girl who looks better than you is keep scrolling.

Do you find this threatening at all? Don't lie

• Yes
  • No

6017

Most Helpful Girl

• I have no reason to do so. I can still find guys. Why would I feel threatened by other girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• FOLLOW ME @onlinedatingsuperpowers... WINK!

What Girls Said 59

• No. I mean, it's obvious that there's gorgeous women all over.

• No because I asked a question about instagram models earlier today and most guys said they don't like them.

Also, the fact that you can look at their photos don't mean a thing, it's not like these models would give the average Joe the time of their day ๐Ÿ˜‚
    If you're not Ripped and Rich, like most guys, she won't give a fuck about you! ๐Ÿ˜

• Hmm, nope not at all actually.
    media.giphy.com/media/yxrF8blMstF3a/giphy.gif

• Not really threatened, I'm not ashamed that girls are 100 times better looking than me.
    The only thing I don't like is when a girl wears provocative clothing or wearing shirts that shows lots of cleavlage. No girl should do that just to get likes or comments, that kind of attention shouldn't be needed. I personally hate the attention, getting so bad that I didn't believe a guy that he liked me because I always thought he likes me because of what he sees.
    So when a girl can do a normal selfie without doing a sexy pose or trying to show her butt or cleavlage. I applaud to them.

• I'm a female, and yes I am threatened by other beautiful women especially online. Its crazy because just because a female is pretty doesn't mean that a lot of men may want her. I do find myself jealous and envious of other females. I have a nice body, and a lot of men want me. But I still dont like competition from other women.

• ^Im so glad another female can admit this without shame , its not a bad thing to naturally feel jealous of some other peoples looks , I completely agree. I know my good qualities but I do compare myself to other pretty females

• I need to admit this is true with me also :/ I try not to have compete attitude.

• I don't find it threatening. I use instagram mostly just to look at what my friends post, or sometimes to see what things are trending on the popular feed. I'm just doing my own thing on there, posting whatever I like. Never been bothered by getting more likes and followers. If someone is getting famous on instagram, then good for them. That's not why I'm there though, so I don't really care.

• Nah I don't care, I actually feel sorry for lots of the overdone girls on there using insta as their source of essential attention and approval. It's all well and good being desired in the virtual world but in real life, who cares.

• No. I don't even have an instagram
    It's not something that appeals to me, nor do I have a reason to use it.
    i don't understand the concept of it myself.

• All fake. So no, I'm not intimidated by girls with photoshop, padding and lip injections.

• I don't even have it. Lol. Fuck Instagram :) I'm actually into guys AND girls... too. I wouldn't get jealous. I would get horny lol

• Why would I? I've never even thought about that. If she's pretty then good for her, might as well give her a comment complimenting her beauty :)

• Not really. I actually enjoy looking at them (what a creep). I have zero sense of style so I like using their pics as inspiration/ideas on clothes, hair, etc.
    Plus they're just nice to look at haha even for a straight girl.

• No I don't, there will always be people better than you in some way but I know he's choose me and that's all that matters.

• True, but people tend to change their minds.

• I am bi, I also think most/nearly all other girls are better looking than me but my fiancรฉ thinks the opposite

• Hmm, well then you're both pretty lucky.

• Not really, I'm inspired by the fitness ones. The instagram baddie look: I have friends who have thousands of followers and have perfected the look that is popular but that kind of makeup and bright colored hair looks better in photos. I prefer a more toned down foundation look and love glossy lips more than matte, so yah I wouldn't imitate it myself.

• why would I? lol honestly, I don't let that sort of things affect me that much... They are girls, just like me and there's nothing that makes them better than me, having tons of followers does not mean they are superior. There are tons of beautiful girls on Instagram and on the streets, so...

• What else would make you superior in terms of value? The way you treat a guy, like what you do for him?

• When it comes to relationships people tend to value similar things.

• Romantic relationships.

• Lol maybe online but irl u still just need to dress hot and u can just see the desperation and desire on guys eyes.

• Pft nah brah.

• No. I don't look at/follow selfie accounts because I find them boring/narcissistic. I see the odd one come up but I don't think about it, other than "they look good" or something.

Are you threatened by Mariano di Vaio type accounts and the girls that follow them? Are you threatened by the guys that fuck these hot girls, or do you just move on with your life and not think about it, like anyone does?

• Tbh, I'm one of the guys who fucks these hot girls, and they're not all that let me tell you. What's better is a girl that respects your space and cares about you, but most guys don't know that and most girls don't know how to do that.

Women generally don't value looks that much, which is why the male accounts don't have many followers and the female ones have millions.

• In a sense yes. They look near perfect on instagram, even though they use things like instagram and photoshop and actually know how to use a camera.

• If my S/O was that shallow I'd honestly be relieved that he was outed lol. But then again I'm having a hard time believing things would get that far with someone I can't stand lol.

• Listen. I know I'm ugly and I need those girls in my life. They help reality slap me in the face and let me focus on my priorities because I know that I'm not them and I know that no boy will ever love me and date me. So there is no reason for me to be jealous.

• Yeah cuz I'm repulsive.

• No, I don't really pay much attention to instagram.

• Nope lol do you feel threatened by all the hot guys on insta?

• no. i dont find insragram threatening. not sure why anyone would.. they are just pictures. not sure what you mean by this. but I have a man who I know wouldn't trade me for anyone.

• Eh. It kinda just sucks sometimes to compare lol. Depressing perhaps? Because, I'm not high maintenance like all of those girls on instagram, yet society feels like I should change to be that. I play sports, I'm atheletic, fit, I guess it's a little pathetic lol.

• Somewhat. I'm never going to be as hot as those women, and they're the ones who are generally the most desired. It sucks and sometimes really gets to me, but there's nothing I can do about it. I just sit and hope some guy can overlook my genetically inferior face lol and accept me as I am.

• Trust me there are guys like that. I recommend volunteering at animal shelters you might meet a guy (who loves animals a lot), often they are the most caring and nicest people ever. They often choose to look within rather than outside but maybe that's just me.

I remember 2 hot girls who tried to get my attention but I never did pay attention (not because I'm gay lol) because I actually look for the personalities of people. Dumb but... It's really fucking worth it.

• @awhitevwolfa I'm sorry but I had to die when you said animal shelter.

• @kobe23 why? I'm talking about volunteering not working

• Well, its not like men werent ever going to see prettier women than me lol

• Lmfao filters do wonders for bitches

• Naw, pretty girls are everywhere, don't need insta to know that.

• More from Girls
    29

What Guys Said 16

• I think a lot of them are. I've been with enough women to realize the majority compare themselves to other women all the time. It's natural as fuck. Women are obsessed with their looks in comparison to men. Of course none of them will say that openly though. That would make anyone sound insecure.

Going by evolutionary logic, a woman's physical appearance plays a big factor in her overall value from a societal level. Looks are also applicable to men as well in regards to value, but not nearly as close in comparison. Let's just say that an ugly man has a significantly better chance in overall success than an ugly woman.

I think that's fucked up and I personally try not judge everyone by their attractiveness. Having said that, this is not to mistaken as gender specific at all. If you have unattractive facial features as a man or woman, I'll try to do my best not to judge you. It's within human nature to do these things though.

I think women overall just need to chill out a little and stop eating themselves up everyday because they don't like some of their facial features. Most of the time they just nitpicking and are actually attractive girls but can't see past their flaws.

Are their ugly women out there? Oh forsure. Are their hot girls who are insecure as fuck about their looks? A ton.. lmao. Hope that gets my point across.

• Being overly involved in social media with several active accounts is actually a red flag for me. I believe that social media in general is a breeding ground for narcissism and self esteem issues.
    I'd much prefer a real conversation with someone who isn't constantly on the lookout for the next photo opportunity that will get them a bunch more likes. Seriously, all the likes don't mean that people actually like you.
    I don't have the time or energy to play that game, and it's just making money for the company owners.

• Most guys who follow these models probably do it just for the eye candy. You'd have to be somewhat deluded to think that these girls will date you if you ask them or like their pictures.

• Even eye candy can be threatening to girls. Girls aren't really swayed by looks as much as guys though.

• I follow accounts like Jeremy Meeks and, like someone else on here actually said, Mariano Di Vaio for purely for that. It's temporary daydream material - nice to look at for the moment but that's it.

It's not like these people, are threatening to your relationship. I don't get why anyone would feel threatened by someone they don't know.

• Actually, I feel threatened by it, because my crush has 1000 followers.

• Bro it is the same for us as men, I follow like at least 10-15 rugbymen, around a hundred iffb pro or people with similar level and around a hundred top level powerlifter.

Believe me, when you just check Neil Currey legw then see a 800lbs deadlift by larry wheels for reps while he is only 21 years old, you feel even more like a piece of shit...

So yeah insta is both a source of motivation and depression lol

• If the Instagram models look anything like anything like the girl in the picture, I feel like the average looking girl has nothing to worry about... absolutely nothing.

• I agree, some moderator posted that pic with my question... not sure why lol. Plenty of better pics to pick from.

• the social media is fake , these people are usually either way too far, too slutty, gold diggers or another reason that is a huge deal breaker so no its not really something anyone should be afraid of.

• Every woman wants to be a queen to her man, it's not really possible if he's always seeing more attractive girls. True maybe not all guys have Instagram, but most do.

• i see hot girls on instagram all the time and in all honesty rarely, like i mean literally rarely do i find a girl that is truly attractive in such a way to make men stare at her , and even then i dont really find the appeal in following a stranger who lives so far away and leads a different life style and we have no way of even meeting let alone loving her... of couse some girls have shitty self esteem so you're right but i dont think its something they should be afraid of.

• When you have a girlfriend you'll see what I mean.

• Sure, they re not threatened and acting "coolio" until they see their guy checking a gorgeous thong bikini girl and biting his lip... cmon girls... be honest... most of you do.

• Who the hell would be threatened from an online picture of some women? seriously.

• Girl's get threatened by just about everything.

• I think that Instagram girls can motivate girls to be their best.

• Instagram is full of plastic lol
    and makeup
    and ass... lots of ass

• I feel more threatened by all the male models more.

• Not really to me

• it's just turned me off to any type of online relationship because nothing is real anymore. People filter and edit the crap outta their pics to look a certain way... which is nothing like they look irl.

• true it be easy to follow them and like there posts , they would not be nearly as easy to meet in real life , so are they really a threat?

• You must not know how women think lol

• yeah but how would the guy ever meet them? say the girl was in California and he was in the mid west? it isn't going to happen and she doesn't even like him , she just wants attention

• It's a self-esteem thing, would you like your girlfriend salivating over another man even if she had no chance with him? Thankfully girls don't value looks that much.