Should men put in more effort into dating and relationships than women?

More opinions please.

54127

Most Helpful Guy

• There aren't "rules" requiring men to date at all and there certainly aren't rules requiring that they make any minimal efforts. The real question is how does the amount of effort that a person contributes relate to the results they obtain from dating.

As for comparing the genders, that is rarely useful. The things that men do to date effectively are certainly different from the things that women do to date effectively. IF you could compare the amount of effort involved in the two different sets of activities, how would you use the information you got from the comparison?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • And so thou lives up to the name

• @HaveQuestions Exactly! These kind of questions seem to feed the mentality of the MGTOW crowd or the hostile feminists. Who needs that?

• Indeed. As soon as over generalization happens, theories no longer stand. It's a higher level question that shouldn't set up a false dichotomy. This is not "who should do more," it's how do individuals do the best to build what works? Scorecards in relationships are about as effective as bandaids for bullet wounds. Any time a false division is the premise, there's already going to be inherent problems with the outcome. To truly get at this, you have to account for so much more variation. That's why I still stand by my statement, individuality matters most, and it has to be a lived experience. Even a person who has their definition of effort down to a science now, will alter and change over time. Time is, perhaps, the most powerful of all extraneous variables here. Just work on living your efforts the best you can, that's in and of itself is hard enough without someone else's ruler of "effort" slapping you on the wrist repeatedly.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because there's nothing more magical/disadvantaged about women that makes them deserving of having to put less effort into ANYTHING.

You want it? Work.
    You need it? Work.
    Don't have it? Work.

It goes for everyone, in everything.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Opinion owner. What happens if you don't need to work and you're financially retired at a young age. ?

• @Imhotep99 Effort is at the decision of the individuals in the relationship. Everyone shows love, affection and devotion in their own way so it can't be measured the same person to person. As for rules? You can't really put strict rules in place to dictate love and relationships, but you yourself can have expectations and standards.

• Right. Thanks.