Would you kiss your girlfriend in front of your family?

I'll be meeting my BF's entire fam for the first time over Thanksgiving. I was talking to him today about it and told him he shouldn't kiss me (not even a peck) on the lips. I said a cheek kiss is fine, but since I'm meeting his whole fam I wanted to make a good impression. He thinks it's not a big deal and knows his fam won't care if it's just pecks, but I'm the first girl he has introduced to his family ever, so he really doesn't fully know if they care in my opinion. Am I being extra?

743

What Guys Said 43

• Honestly it's a respectful thing not to kiss around eachothers families and friends.

I've been with my girlfriend for almost 4 years and we still don't do it.

My advice is to just subtly show that you two are close my grabbing/hugging him every once in a while.

• You are meeting them for the first time so I think your mind is focused on them and not pleasing your guy. No need to kiss or even give a peck. You can be close to each other and let him hold you. But I think this depends on the peoples´ personalities. I don´t mind kissing in front of my family or my gfs family, but I usually just don´t do it.

• for the first time maybe not a kiss on the lips, it might be a bit much, however as the night goes on it could be more apropriate.

as with all things, timing is key, as the conversation goes about you, for instance how you two met and you guys tell the story, the moment comes to "and thats how we met" a peck on the lips is somewhat apropriate

hope that helps

• Where is this happening? Are you really 25-29? Don't worry about this. If he says they won't care, they won't. If he has a normal family, they are thrilled he is bringing a girlfriend. They want to like you.

Parents aren't some alien species, they are just like you, only a bit older. Imagine yourself in 25 years with a son bringing a girl home for the first time. Wouldn't you want to make her feel welcome?

• I wouldn't do that either so if I was you I'd talk to him again and just let him know you'd feel better meeting his family without the extra PDA.

• I think so. Why wouldn't I? They kiss their spouses, too. They need to grow up if they think it's (too) special when you kiss your significant other. I mean, yeah - I'd love it when I kiss m significant other. But for people to make a big deal about it is ridiculous. I mean, do you celebrate/cheer every time someone hugs another? No, of course not.

• I'm a pussy so no. My mom maybe but definitely not my grandma cause then she will start talking about marriage and shit.

• A light kiss is fine. No heavy kisses but a peck is fine. A strict no kissing policy is probably a little too cautious. Are there really a lot of situations you expect "kiss" or "no kiss" will be popping up?

• He would know the dynamic best, but if you want to keep it low key I'm not sure why that would be an issue for him to respect it.

• I wouldn't. People don't kiss each other in front of other people in my family. I can only remember a few times my parents have kissed.

• I would not do anything of the sort in front of my ma or pa. Could be that I am young and stupid but the idea seems just wrong and uncomfortable and avoidable.

• Yeah I would

• Depends on the culture.

In our culture, any physical display of affection happens in private, behind closed doors. That includes kissing on the lips.

• your being just a smidge extra they are going to assume that was his girlfriend you have kissed to reason to go over board but no reason to turn into a nun either that s not who you are as a couple

• I kiss my girlfriend in front of my friends, my family, her family, her friends.
    We don't make out in front of them, just kiss.

• No. Its usually better to do a quick peck if you must but, no one wants to see that

• a fiance or a wife, yah maybe... but a girlfriend would be a bit rude !

• I have. So many times. Not making out, but very romantic style kissing. We kiss in general public too. I don't see the problem. Members of both our famils have partners they kiss. So yeah.

• Yeah. To show my family I love my girlfriend, I will tongue rape her until my family forcefully removes me off of her. If not, then I'll carry her to the bedroom for sex while in tongue kissing

• Nope. Too embarrassing.

• Yes. I kiss her everywhere else why not there?

• yes I would

• Girls got cooties so I'm out.

• No I realy would feel uncomfortable

• Dont do it. Just relax and avt normally but no kisses , believe me eyes will say a lot.

• Yes you are

• yup i would

• I have no problem kissing my girlfriend in front of anybody

• Yes I would. It wouldn't be a full on make out session, but why not?

• Yes.

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 7

• I also think it would make me uncomfortable.

• No, kissing on the lips is intimate so I would not do that in front of my family. At most a kiss on the cheek but I'd rather not do that anyways. I wouldn't like it if my boyfriend kissed me in front of his family either

• I think if you feel kinda awkward it would come off as awkward. Just do what makes you feel comfortable. I'm sure his family wouldn't care, but you don't want to stress more than you already are.

• yes.

• i wouldn't because my family is judgmental.

• I feel weird I feel weird when I see sex scene in the movies.

• I would never do that.