Why don't girls message first on Tinder?

I just don't understand. Sometimes they even say in their bio that they won't message you first. Yeah, they get 10x as many likes and messages as guys do, but that to me seems like more of a reason to message the ones you're interested in. Part of me just feels like it's a vain attempt at feeling good about themselves. It's really insulting for us to match and then not message/ignore mine.

222

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to message first when I used Tinder. Some girls feel as though they need to be impressed, as if relationships aren't a two-way street.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tinder is a cesspool for the most part, I'd do Bumble instead. The women there HAVE to send the first message, and I think especially on a dating app, there's something to making the woman have to make the first move because then she's talking to you because she wants to, not because you cajoled get into it. I'm a big supporter of women stepping up and making moves especially in a day and age where it seems like even the most basic and self absorbed females get loads of attention they probably don't deserve.