Do guys like girly or tomboy girls?

I'm really feminine, and very soft and delicate as a woman... I'm perhaps more in tune with my femininity... but is that a turn off or turn on to men?

I heard that men love girly girls, but some like girls who are adventurous and will not dress up all the time. But overall, is femininity more attractive to men than masculinity?
  • Yes.
    Vote A
  • No, I prefer tomboys.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a hard one to answer, since there is a lot that goes into this.

First, girly girls who are very feminine are physically very attractive. I also think they tend to be a little more dependent on their partner/men in their lives and less capable of taking care of their own business, which to me, is not attractive.

Women who don't care about their physical looks tend to be less attractive physically, but have invested their time in taking care of business, which is attractive in its own way.

If I could sum it up, I would say listen to Cake's "Short Skirt Long Jacket", and you'll know what I find attractive.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i think tomboys are awesome. (and not just because i am one) we make up for the "lack of femininity" with hella humor and a fearless adventurous attitude. not to say that girly girls don't have this too. i think a tomboy can wear makeup because personality is what makes a tomboy a tomboy and a girly girl a girly girl.

4|4
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I used to be a tomboy when I was a little kid. I lived "part-time" in the country; during my childhood. And as I got older, I became more of a girly girl. But I will always love the country lifestyle... This is never gonna change!!! It's just that act more girly now than I did a long time ago...

2|1
    0|0
    • awww that is so precious! πŸŽ€πŸŒ· I was always a girly girl personally, as a little girl my grandmother would dress me up in cute frilly dresses and curled my hair and put ribbons in it. as I grew older, I became more trendy like other girls and wore jeans and basic casual clothes more than skirts and girly tops. it wasn't until about three-ish years ago when I became super girly and my style gravitated from predominately pink fabrics to pastel, girly and delicate lace fabrics and vintage designs. I love bows and ribbons and curling my hair and doing my makeup... it's just the beauty of being a girl and embracing your femininity 😌

• Cannot stand girly. Can't stand make up, nails, outrageous clothing, styled to death hair, can't stand not being able to talk about sports, good movies, can't stand wanting to go on an adventure in the mountains or the lake and worrying about getting dirty, can't stand none of it. Can't stand needing a bathroom for a half hour to get ready for the day.

1|0
    0|0
  • Something in between is best.

Girly girls are cute, sexy and fun. But they can be absolutely toxic at times and tend to become emotional vampires.

Tomboys are great in that it's easy to find a lot of common ground with them. Mutual interests, etc. BUT they tend to have a ton of male friends, tend to be ugly (no offense), and I have personally never found one to be a turn on.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's one of the things that varies a lot from guy to guy. Tomboys have the feminine traits that guys admire and the masculine traits that guys respect. It's the best of both worlds to some guys.
    Although, some guys get hypnotized by a girl who's 100% sugar.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the guy but me I like a girly girl who also likes to get down n rough who its afraid to go n spend some time in th outdoors with me but if ur a real girly girl stay that way cuz some guys like a straight up girly girl but its good to be a mixture of both girly girl n a tomboy

1|0
    0|0
  • Im surprised this isn't more even yet. You're gonna find answers on both sides about equal here because everyone has their own preference. For me its just about being who you want to be, i don't want a girly girl who's trying to act like a tomboy because that's what she thinks people like. That would be a horrible tomboy and vice versa lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I really like softness and smoothness, but I appreciate a straightforward, get stuff done personality.

2|1
    0|0
  • Tomboys have a certain charm about them, but only as friends. In terms of attraction and romance, femininity is far superior.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do prefer feminine girls but I always would like it tempered with some practicality
    Its nice to see a woman put on a nice dress and all that... but not to go to the grocery store
    So a feminine one with the sense to realize when that is appropriate and when not to bother

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys aren't a single entity. Not every guy likes the same stuff.

That's like asking you what kind of makeup do girls like to wear. It depends on which girl you ask.

Every guy has his preferences. Many like tomboys and many like princesses.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m exactly like you girly girl. I don’t know what men find attractive anymore the world has changed so much where I am a lot of guys prefer plain janes and date bitches. So I have no idea anymore lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I just gotta ask:

Are all women the same and I'm missing something?

If you answered no, then guess what, men aren't all the same either!

I broke up with my ex because all she wanted was sex. Guess what? I'm not the only guy that has broken up over the same reasons.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am more into traditional women so I guess the girly girl? so long as they're fine with trying something dirty like fishing or something since I'm a country guy I like my outdoor activities.

1|0
    0|0
    • you might want a tomboy then. tomboys can be traditional but they aren't afraid to get dirty

• @littlebutswole I've been with both and had feminine women who don't mind getting dirty now and then but also tomboys who weren't very fun.

• Well to me it would be a whole lot better if the girl was a bit of a mixture between girly & tomboyish. Because being with a girl with that personality hybrid is a really wonderful thing in my book.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both can be attractive. I can't honesty answer this. It's like if you ask are women beautiful? It depends on the individual person. I know some tomboys and they can be beautiful too. Wouldn't prefer one of them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Really depends on the girl; I tend to like more "girly" girls, but I know guys who like the tomboy type.

1|0
    0|0
  • You are perfect in regards to your feminine qualities, i much rather have you than a tomboy all day.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like feminine girls more so. However, I also find it much harder to talk to them. That's the tradeoff.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like sporty tomboy girls, but no short haircuts, wearing plaid flannels, or anything like that at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like someone who's in between -- likes to be feminine but isn't afraid to get dirty (literally) when needed.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer feminine women, myself. But that depends on what you consider to be actual feminine traits and how far it goes. Excessive sensitivity kinda sucks regardless of gender. Excessive obsession with shopping, gossip and such is pretty annoying too. Wearing dressing and skirts and other traditionally feminine clothing is awesome provided they're practical for the situation (not your fault if it wasn't planned though).

Basically I like traits that aren't usually found in guys but I'm not into playing with dolls.

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the girl, I’d say I’m more into tomboys but i still like girly girls at times too

2|0
    0|0
  • I like girls who are adventurous and will not dress up all the time.

2|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say I'm a girly girl or a tomboy, maybe the middle?

1|0
    0|0
  • If you are soft and delicate, I'm ready to eat you.πŸ”

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe that it depends on the guy. But in general I love girls who are feminine, but also can take care of themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • Men are as different from one another as women are. And so are our tastes in women. Some may not go for your type, but plenty will.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the guy. I personally love girly girls but Tom boys are a lot of fun.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's best to be just your self someone will like the way you are
    That what I think

1|1
    0|0
  • Entirely depends on the guy. I enjoy both personally.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like girly girls more, but can be attracted to the more tomboyish, kick ass and chew bubble gum, but all out of bubble gum type girls, too.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the man or woman. Everyone has different tastes. I don't care if you're a tomboy as long as you're intelligent and some reason they're always brunnette... and crazy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why not both? Tomboys are often just waiting for a sweet man to bring out / encourage their feminine side.

0|0
    2|0
  • It's really both for me. It's all about the personality

1|0
    0|0
  • I like Tom boys they are so confident and genuinely fun to hangout with

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the individual. My preference is towards the tomboy side of the scale overall.

1|0
    0|0
  • This isn't a yes/no question. It really depends. Some guys love girly girls and others love tomboy's. You can say which is better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like Tomboys, but not girls who think they are one of the guys (ie, drinking too much, swearing like a salior, trying to be a bro)

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer an adult.
    Tom boy kind of says it all.
    Boy is int the title.
    Cowgirl the fuck up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to use a commanding tone when talking to mens. Otherwise they'll get other idea's.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls that are themselves. Doesn't matter.

3|2
    0|0
  • Both.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tomboys are hot and badass!!

2|0
    0|0
  • Why not both

2|1
    0|0
  • I like both type of girls