Is it possible to be too nice?

The other I was talking to a friend and they inquired how the dating scene was going for me. For me it never goes well, I have a hard time meeting people. My approach has always been simple, a greeting and some small talk to start. For the most part I am a rather nice person and pretty laid back, I've always considered myself to be easy to talk to. I'm an average looking person, I have house, truck and a good paying job that allows me to support myself and my two kids. Talking to my friend about my inability to meet women, she straight out told me that my problem is that I am too nice. Is that really possible? I never thought that being nice would push women away. And I dont think I can intentionally be less nice when dealing with people. Dont get me wrong, I do know how to be mean. I have to be occasionally with my job as a corrections officer. But that's a completely different scenario. So basically, ladies I want to know. Is being too nice really that much of a turn off?

4757

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it’s DEFINITELY a thing. But it’s not actually because you are too nice, per say. Women love kind men who treat them right, but there is a lot of women (not all) who like their man to be kind and also have traditional manly qualities like strength, decisiveness, sense of responsibility, spontaneity. So if you’re “too nice”, what I think she is trying to say is you don’t show those types of qualities.
    It’s such an old school way of thinking about what a man is, but unfortunately it’s so ingrained in lots of women that they find themselves attracted to these things in a subconscious level.
    I consider myself a very progressive woman but it still surprises me the types of traditional masculine qualities that I find extremely attractive. I went on a date with a guy that was “too nice”. He agreed with everything I said with no real opinion of his own, and couldn’t make a single decision about what to order, where to go and just deferred to mine. I found this people pleasing behavior really annoying and a total turn off. I am friends with easy going guys, but they also have well developed personalities, boundaries and boyish qualities. This guy was not one of them. I can imagine if I ever dated him, I would have to make all the decisions and it would be like having a relationship with myself. I imagine if I slept with him, it would always be the look-in-eye romantic “are you okay” crying type sex (which is great at the right times) but you definitely also want a big strong guy to just pick you up and throw you around because it’s hot.
    So yes, being kind, having a good sense of self and personality and boundaries is a good thing. Being too nice is friend zone / delete number

Most Helpful Guy

• Easy to talk to usually means she is talking to much. Women want a man controlling things including the conversation.
    good for a freind but bad for a date.
    You probably need to take control more and not be so laid back. Put your wants first, choose the place, time, what you want to eat.

Nice to women means push over. When they love not being in control and wanting a strong man to take control. Your not what most women are looking for.

I have the same problem most of the time. Usually after 2 dates I get the want to be just freinds talk. Be manly without being a jerk.