Have YOU given up on dating and relationships?

Have YOU given up on dating and relationships?
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
  • YES I am MGTOW
    Vote C
  • YES I am WGTOW
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
How do you feel about Men's standards vs Women's standards in DATING? Check out the post below and give us your opinion.

What are your thoughts on these TWO videos about Men's Standards vs Women's Standards when it comes to DATING? ↗

2|1

Most Helpful Girls

• No. I think it's ok to take a break but that's all. With all the respect, i'm against of separatism and radicalism ideologies such as MGTOW and WGTOW. Yeah dating/relationships problems excist, but i don't think MGTOW or WGTOW is the solution, I think that will only bring things worse. I think that have an chinese finger trap effect. I believe in union and construction, not the opposite. I think the solution is that men and women put ourselves in the place of the other and focus on understanding instead of attacking with the purpose of winning, defending or being right. Continue being good, because although sometimes it seems that not many people are good or dont care, the reality is that there has always been, there are and there will always be good men and women.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• At 45 years of age, I have been on some nice highs and some pretty miserable lows when it comes to relationships. One failed marriage, three failed long term relationships and two beautiful daughters later. I am single again. I would like to think that somewhere, sometime, within these 45 years, I have picked up a little wisdom.

I have learned that you shouldn’t ever say “never”.

I have also learned that you should not let opportunities pass you by.

Even if I know that in 5-10 years there is an 95% chance of being heart broken again. I don’t want to miss out on the blessing of love.

I have already made more than my share of bad decisions in life. I can honestly say that I have no regrets. If I knew that I would be right here, right now. I would do it exactly the same way all over again.

No matter how bad I think I messed something up. I know that God has everything under control. He will take care of me.

2|1
    0|0
  • As a man in today's social and political climate, I have given up on marriage. It's just not a wise decision for a man anymore.

I have not given up on relationships though. That's just silly.

0|3
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 58

• No. I have taken a few years off before because guys just weren't measuring up to my standards (not necessarily their fault, mind you, I tend to be picky) and to focus on my job.

0|1
    0|1
  • After 24 years of being single, I've still not given up. I can't be bothered to make any effort either, though.

1|2
    0|0
  • I'll never give up. There is good things at the end of the tunnel.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Men are not worth the headache.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did for very long time. Then I pulled a random guy across a dance floor while drunk one night, never expecting to see or speak with him again. But nearly 4 months on, we’re seeing and speaking to each other every day and he’s slowly healing the last pieces of my heart that my ex destroyed in the abusive marriage. It’s when you give up that it finds you

1|4
    0|0
    • That's so accurate. Something out of a movie almost.
      But it's true, you never find love when you go looking for it, but it sure finds it's way to you and I don't know how that would feel but I bet it's legit.

• Show All
    • @BeMeanToGirls No thanks. I don’t succumb to the demands of bored angry boys with tiny penises. You know they have drugs for that right? Must have been rejected by too many women to count 😂😂😂

• @BeMeanToGirls I mean I’d ask if condoms come in your size but 1. I’m not interested and 2. With a dick that small and the ego of a psychopath to make up for what’s lacking, guessing you’ve never gotten the opportunity to find out cuz the women run when they can’t even see it 😂😂😂

• Yep. It will probably never find me again. It's hard to make me feel anything since getting to know me on a personal intimate level is difficult because most people don't make me feel anything other than contempt at times.

1|5
    0|0
  • Yes. I gave up. I'll never find what I want so why keep trying? All I get is my heart broken and after my last break up (a year ago) I honestly don't want to do that again. I'm not loving someone that much again to have that person shatter and destroy me. I haven't even got over the pain. 😞

3|3
    0|0
    • I'm sorry to read this, I got dumped a few days ago and I feel like crap, just focus on yourself and see what happens I guess?

• Show All
    • Hey, it might not matter as I'm just some letters, but I hope you feel better :) keep your chin up ❤

• Thanks. I hope you feel better too 🙂

• So many young people saying they've given up on it.
    Its sad really like i understand being independent and stuff but having a best friend and someone to help you through life is special.
    I think people need to learn to grow with every break up or heart break. Its a learning experience it shouldn't alter your look on love.

5|1
    0|0
    • Well, some people also try very hard to get into a relationship, but when a lot of people reject you, you start to lose a lot of hope that you will ever get into a relationship.

• I have Had my Fair and Square Share of Many Dates and Mates. I even Have a Husband out in Egypt that I had Left behind.
    I am Living with another Ex who is my Bestie Friend, so for Now... Taking a small Break to focus on my writing career and Get things back in Order. xx

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, and no.

I've given up on LOOKING for a romantic relationship--it was taking up too much of my time and energy that I could use elsewhere (such as hobbies, education and well, enjoying my own life). With that said, if I meet someone along the way, great, if not, I'm not going to sulk on about it like I used to, I have more interesting things to do

1|1
    0|0
  • No. I've been in unhappy failed relationships. But if I'd given on them, I would never have found the love of my life. It's good to take breaks and spend time being single, but I don't believe in giving up all together on relationships

1|1
    0|1
  • Literally I’m just done with people in general 😂😂😂😂

3|4
    0|0
  • I took a break and then bam, this guy just waltzed into my happy single life when I least expected it. I'm falling for him.

3|2
    0|0
  • Yes. Completely. I pretty much decided last year I’m really not ever going to find someone, so I’ve completely closed myself off from meeting people full stop. Absolutely pointless and all I end up with is users and time wasters so what’s the point. People are selfish and are only after satisfying their needs.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, not at all. Dating and relationships take a lot of time to figure things out. Just because a series of dates or a relationship doesn’t work out doesn’t warrant an “I quit - that’ll show them” response. Seems like a cop-out to me. Live and learn.

0|1
    0|0
  • Have I given up? No. That implies that I was already an advocate for relationships. And honestly, I’ve never cared too much for them.

0|3
    0|0
  • No, I am in a relationship but if my boyfriend and I were to break up then I think I would just remain single and focus on myself. Anxiety and not being that great at conversation wouldn't work in my favor of dating, plus I'm not the most attractive women out there so most dudes wouldn't be checking for me anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not actively looking but not in any of those categories. Open to whichever wonderful people life sends my way whenever they are sent my way. Just focussing on building for the future. 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol no, I mean I love being single but I also love when I really like someone and have a relationship with them.

0|2
    0|0
  • If it doesn't work this time around. Then by 2019 i will

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 97

• Mmmmm yes and no. I'm not exactly looking right now, but not entirely closed off either. It's complicated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I can believe that everyone has a strong compatibility with someone in the world; it's a real challenge to find them though since it takes a lot of effort and research to understand what you're looking for in a relationship, along with finding that person with the personality type you favor. Mentally, I can believe almost everyone is wanting to be in a relationship but a lot of people either have given up or have been scarred from past relationships that's discouraged them from further pursuing a relationship. While I may be in a happy relationship, I'll never give up on providing people the advice and support they're looking for in a relationship to find out if the person they're with is truly for them or it's doomed to fail in the long run.

I'd highly encourage everyone who's single and looking for a significant other to not give up and settle for less. Love is an essential need in our lives; that one day our parents won't be around to provide that feeling we want and friends can't always be depended on since they have lives of their own. It's not to say some people don't mind solitude all the time but I can imagine even then they'll long for love as well at some point. I used to be a downer when it came to relationships since my parents got divorced along with my friends' parents who did the same thing but I have realized I am not them and that with enough dedication and hard work, I can truly find someone who'd I consider to be "My Soulmate" in which I believe I did! I honestly hope people who are single, looking for relationship continue to pursue one because it is worth your while when you find the right person!

1|0
    0|0
  • I have never been in a relationship or on a date. At this point, I don't even want to try. I can't see myself as a father or a husband. Plus, the whole #metoo and feminism these days, I am now a MGTOW. I believe I will be happier this way. And to tell you the truth, I am happier this way. The only downside is that I have upset my parents and grandparents. They want to see me get married and have kids someday. But they just don't understand what all that is like in the 21st century.

0|0
    0|0
    • Since you're a MGTOW: Do you hate women?

• @Lady_Frost No, MGTOW don't hate women. We just don't bother dealing with them. We focus on ourselves instead of following what society expects from us.

• It is good to see not all MGTOW being women haters just like not all feminists being men haters.

• When you're moving on it can feel like he/she was the best thing ever happened. But over time, you'll realize there are far more better compatible soulmates out there. So I don't ever give up on dating.

You never know when you meet that one person you'll settle with for life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dating is good for the people who have hope. Usually the hope is gone if you can't even get a date

2|3
    0|0
  • no, I'm currently not dating due to staying with my mum as I went back to school a few years ago. Not to sound conceited but i do get attention from women, Either from women I don't find attractive, or women I do find attractive but don't approach because I think they wouldn't want me, if that makes sense?

0|1
    0|0
  • I just want to be loved and love someone to share my life with and maybe have a family. I don't know why and I feel it's weird sometimes but I just want to have my own happy family

0|1
    0|0
    • The fuck broo... Same here... But I feel I getting older for that... Like.. I want a family so bad right now... Don't want to be 25 and not have kids yet... But... What can I do 😁😁😁

• @EnocV, same for me, except im aiming for 30 now, but it doesn't look promising.

Besides, in todays society people would rather break up than work out their differences.

How do you invest in a life with someone who can't commit to a life with you.

Maybe i really should give up on relationships and dating.

• I never give up on anything lmao but dating at times can be a cruel period and I am currently in that period hopefully in the future I’ll get out of it and fine someone that’s worth it but as for now🤷🏻‍♂️

0|1
    0|0
  • No. That whole MGTOW is such a hissy fit. I get there are problems, but that is the most drama queen like "solution" ever.

2|1
    0|1
  • I'm Young so I can't exactly say I gave up but I did stop trying for awhile, took a break and it leaded me in the right direction, I've become a better person.
    Never give up
    But it's chill to take a break

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes pretty much so. It is just not worth the risk or the effort required. I still open to being with someone but she would have to be amazing for me to even consider it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Dating the love of my life, going to marry her. Good things happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • Giving up is kind of a strong word, for me it's kind of: never started... I didn't see the point of it. You go to school, get a job, wait for retirement and die afterwards. Knowing that No one will remember me, it sounds suicidal but it's not. It's how I see life, so being in a relationship would be pointless

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Absolutely.

It's a rigged, one-sided game where the women waste all their best years on abusive sociopaths then let the worthwhile men pick up the scraps that are left when the women hit their 30s.

0|1
    2|0
  • Yes, I have. Dating is a maximum investment, minimum returns preposition. I am no longer interested in it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Really just try to stay with friends or friends with benefits, cuz all the relationships I've been in either don't work out or they screw me over on way or another I'm done I am just going to have friends and then friends I'm going to have fun with and I ain't trying dating for awhile

0|0
    0|0
  • For now yes. Been single over 3 years and I'm more than happy. For instance, this weekend is coming up, I am free from any work obligations, and a woman hasn't filled it up with pointless crap that ruins a day off. Winner.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm married so yes... But if something were to happen in the future like death or divorce then I still wouldn't go out and seek another relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • I am rich. Rich that can't be seen, but can be touched. Women are cut from their body of (name your saint, for all are devine for bringing forth the truth of why we exist. And being treated illy by all. Sad. Breaks my heart. MLK here in US... i stammer) anyway, women dont recognize true richness. I give up.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been rejected every time for
    14 years. I decided to never ask someone out again.

0|3
    0|0
    • you're entj...

• Show All
    • @ENTP_EMO
      That's very insightful. Thank you. It's hard for me to look at the high way, but I'll try.

• Well, I once met this ENTJ girl,
      she was very intimidating. Gave off that "we're doing it this way, I dare you to mess around"
      I was laughing inside, but I can imagine how people would be intimidated by her lol
      Also, she has high standards. Needs no man. Pretty too. Even when she would be conversing socially, sometimes she comes on too strong to others. Her perfection scares people. I told her to pretend to be less perfect, she doesn't get it lol.

• Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes