Is a clingy partner a dealbreaker to you?

Meow

49120

Most Helpful Guys

• I have to have my freedom I can't have a chick tieup my weekends every moment, I like to do guy things and I don't want to be taken shopping and watch you trying on many clothes and you asking my opinion on every outfit been there and done that before. Or you making plans behind my back getting me into some type of a commitment or always throwing out an errand for me to run. If I give you Monday through Thursday be very pleased with that unless it's Monday Night Football and the Dolphins are playing then you're out of luck unless you're a big Dolphin supporter then you can join me

• That's not me at all thankfully πŸ˜‚

• Oh you're most welcome πŸŽ€

• 😊

...

• I often find girls define "clingy" in a different way than I do. Like in your comment:

>> Wanting to spend a lot of time together, missing you easily, getting super happy and effectionate when you're around and stuff lol.

I don't see that as "clingy". That just seems very affectionate and I don't mind if I like her back. I might even like that if there's no negativity there when I'm not around or miss a call or text.

Clingy to me is like a girl who calls the police because she started to panic while thinking that you're hurt or dead because you got caught up in a business meeting and missed her repeated calls because you turned the cell phone off. It's like a girl who gives me an ultimatum between spending a weekend with her or my friends. It's like a girl who has no life of her own and revolves her entire happiness and well-being around me to the point of being suffocating. These are negative qualities; there's no positive aspect about them at all to me.

• I definitely get worried if it's a time someone is usually texting me and he didn't, or came in too late and all... I wouldn't call the police but I'd just get really worried 😬

What you described is not me though thankfully πŸ˜‚

• So I think if you can tame any "negative energy" or thinking patterns you might have, you should be good. You can be super affectionate when a person is there without becoming crazy and obnoxious when they aren't there, you can miss a person like crazy without actually feeding all sorts of negative thoughts about losing them (just focus on the positive thoughts about seeing them again), etc. If you can do that reasonably well, I think you ought to be fine.

• Yes true... I'm more positive about it I guess

Most Helpful Girls

• I've been in a relationship where the guy wasn't clingy what so ever, in fact he went to stuff on his own and didn't want me there for some reason. He preferred it that way πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ
    It made me feel pretty alone and neglected even though I had my own stuff it felt like pulling teeth trying to get him to spend time with me without complaining.

Where as now I have the opposite where he wants to do everything with me! I'm clingy myself and have anxiety so for me it works quite well. There are times I wouldn't mind a bit of space but then I know I'd miss it if he wasn't like it because then I end up becoming clingier πŸ˜…

I think it all depends on your personality type and lifestyle.
    Like I've always been a loner and not had friends so I like the company, where as I know extroverts who have loads of friends would hate the constant attention and clinginess.