Have you ever dated an asexual person-how did it go?

In my last relationship, my partner had a lower sex drive than I did-and it really hurt our relationship.

It made me feel unattractive and over time I stopped wanting sex. We didn't last very long after that.

Now a man is interested in me and I was scrolling through his social media and saw he came out as asexual but he hasn't told me this yet. I'm concerned if it can work, not simply because he's asexual, the old me would have tried to make it work, but because I know what it's like to be sexually frustrated, I don't want to be there again. I'm also confused as to why he hasn't told me yet.

Have you ever dated an asexual person, if so, how did it go?

I'd also love to hear opinions from people who are asexual.
  • I am not asexual and my partner is-intimacy was NOT an issue
  • I am not asexual and my partner is-intimacy WAS an issue
  • I am asexual and my partner wasn't-intimacy was NOT an issue
    Vote C
  • I am asexual and my partner wasn't-intimacy WAS an issue
    Vote D
  • Everything else
    Vote E

517

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't think that would work out. I'm bisex, have a high sex drive, and am not interested in polygamy or anything. So yeah...

• I'm like you, I have a pretty high sex drive... also, like why would you not tell someone something that important early on ya know :/ ugh dating is so time consuming and disappointing at times.

• Mm. People are afraid. It's troublesome because it can only lead to problems in the future.
      Sexual compatibility is obviously important.

• I am asexual, but not aromantic. I only had one girlfriend. At first, she said that she would respect my asexuality, but later she kept trying to seduce me and at one point tried to force herself on me. I kept telling her that I was asexual, but apparently she thought it wasn't a real thing that I was just depressed or something.

I don't think I will ever date anyone with a sex drive again.

• That's so messed up of her!
      Do you find it difficult or relatively easy to find other asexual people?

• Aromantic means being incapable of feeling romantic love. Some asexuals are also aromantic and some aren't. And it's fine.

• Sometimes I think I'm aromatic then :/

Most Helpful Girl

• I’ve always usually had a lower sex drive than my partner as most people I’ve been with have all been extremely high.. but I could never date a asexual I want someone I can desire who also feels same way about me it wouldn’t work.