Have you ever dated an asexual person-how did it go?

Have you ever dated an asexual person-how did it go?

In my last relationship, my partner had a lower sex drive than I did-and it really hurt our relationship.

It made me feel unattractive and over time I stopped wanting sex. We didn't last very long after that.

Now a man is interested in me and I was scrolling through his social media and saw he came out as asexual but he hasn't told me this yet. I'm concerned if it can work, not simply because he's asexual, the old me would have tried to make it work, but because I know what it's like to be sexually frustrated, I don't want to be there again. I'm also confused as to why he hasn't told me yet.

Have you ever dated an asexual person, if so, how did it go?

I'd also love to hear opinions from people who are asexual.
  • I am not asexual and my partner is-intimacy was NOT an issue
    Vote A
  • I am not asexual and my partner is-intimacy WAS an issue
    Vote B
  • I am asexual and my partner wasn't-intimacy was NOT an issue
    Vote C
  • I am asexual and my partner wasn't-intimacy WAS an issue
    Vote D
  • Everything else
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't think that would work out. I'm bisex, have a high sex drive, and am not interested in polygamy or anything. So yeah...

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm like you, I have a pretty high sex drive... also, like why would you not tell someone something that important early on ya know :/ ugh dating is so time consuming and disappointing at times.

• Mm. People are afraid. It's troublesome because it can only lead to problems in the future.
      Sexual compatibility is obviously important.

• I am asexual, but not aromantic. I only had one girlfriend. At first, she said that she would respect my asexuality, but later she kept trying to seduce me and at one point tried to force herself on me. I kept telling her that I was asexual, but apparently she thought it wasn't a real thing that I was just depressed or something.

I don't think I will ever date anyone with a sex drive again.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's so messed up of her!
      Do you find it difficult or relatively easy to find other asexual people?

• Show All
    • Aromantic means being incapable of feeling romantic love. Some asexuals are also aromantic and some aren't. And it's fine.

• Sometimes I think I'm aromatic then :/

Most Helpful Girl

• I’ve always usually had a lower sex drive than my partner as most people I’ve been with have all been extremely high.. but I could never date a asexual I want someone I can desire who also feels same way about me it wouldn’t work.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• I had a crush on a Nicaraguan girl once.
    She would've been perfect for me, even invited me to come on vacation with her.
    But than she told me she doesn't want to have sex AT ALL. It was a real deal breaker and I decided not to pursue her because of it.
    Yeah being sexually frustrated sucks.
    How long has it been for You?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah but I've dated someone who was sexually assaulted in the past so we didn't do anything sexual because of that. I had no issue with it and I was patient with her but she eventually ended the relationship because she wanted to get help.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sexual compatibility is a big deal in a relationship, and will cause problems if you have very dissimilar sex drives. Ditch the 'asexual'.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was soul crushing and caused me persistent relationship issues. I'd never ever ever date an asexual.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have not dated a person officially yet...… but I am planning on soon...

0|0
    0|0
  • Had to vote E, I'm single.
    I've heard asexual people on TV but I've never met any...

0|0
    0|0
  • I predict you’re going to have the same issue if not worse! Asexual people have zero sex drive

0|0
    0|0
  • I am asexual but not by choice. Id rather be hyperhererosexual.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't have a girl, but if i did, it would be hard to not be after her all day

0|0
    0|0
  • i have never dated or known an asexual person

0|0
    0|0
    • although i do wonder about my cousin. she is 36 and seems to have had no interest in romantic relationships for as long as i've known her

• I have not

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't say that I have.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never even met one who behaved like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

Never have, never will.

0|0
    0|0
  • Back when I was dating, I think the only terms that existed were "heterosexual" "homosexual" "it" "transvestite" (and of course the slang terms for those words)... and of course, that stuff wasn't being pushed in the Public Schools.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I'm not asexual, and my first partner might have been (said he was waiting for marriage at the start, then it switched to wanting a friendship like relationship towards the end. Implied I'm a ho when I said its stupid ). Second one stopped being sexual during the last 6 months probably due to depression, so I left.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, asexuals don't date, that's called friendship.

0|0
    1|0
  • When we were kids we didn't have asexuals

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it didn't work out because we are both a-sexual.

1|0
    0|0
    • What didn't work about it out?

• Show All
    • @0112358 it's hard to explain to a person who is not a-sexual, I enjoy the intamicy of sex and being in love and having a man who loves me an desires me sexually but being with an a-sexual guy is like being in a relationship with a brother.

• Not trying to be intrusive, but do you initiate sex and how often do want sex/have it?

Recommended myTakes