Is 4 months too soon to tell someone you love them?

My boyfriend and I have been a couple for going on 2 months but started dating about 4 months ago. I know for certain I’m in love and keep almost accidentally telling him. I’m afraid it’s going to slip out and freak him out.

5081

Most Helpful Guys

• I waited longer than that, but if you are certain of your feelings, certainly express them to your guy. Why do feel the news may "freak him out"?

• I just don’t want to say it too early and he thinks it was way too soon or something. But I do feel there is a good chance he loves me too. He stares deeply into my eyes all the time and then will ask me what am I thinking. And in those moments, I am thinking about how much I love him. And I think he knows that.

• If you two can hold a gaze into each other's eyes for awhile, I would think that is a good sign.

• That's always a possibility, it takes a yard of guts put yourself out there like that on one of the most private and intimate feelings you will ever have, but you know what will happen if you do nothing? Absolutely nothing will happen. When you trust and when you trust someone with your most intimate feelings there's always a possibility your heart will be shattered if you truly love them. It's scary stuff being in combat was not as scary. Love however is not the purview of the week or the Cowardly you know how you feel you know you want to tell him then do it and if he's not the right one. You'll know and you can move on snatch that Brass Ring go for your happiness but be prepared to skin your knees and your heart. I'm rooting for you in your corner I wish you all the best regardless of your decision

Most Helpful Girls

• Tell him. Love doesn’t always follow logic or sensibility. You’re not wrong for falling in love with him after four months. To keep it to yourself would be far more regrettable that telling him and risking rejection.

• Thank you so much! I needed to hear that

• I’m glad I could help. 😁 Good luck!

• I think you should be honest, if that is how you feel. If you honestly feel in love, I don't see the problem in saying it. Time frame doesn't matter (especially since some people have said it way earlier than you).

I would personally be wary of a guy saying it early (because there are a lot of users and PUAs out there) though I understand some men are genuine.