What are your thoughts about dating a feminine man?

I met someone recently and I've noticed the way he uses his hand and the way he talks is a bit feminine.
I know he's not gay because we've both said we like each other and he has his manly sides.
But I've never been with anyone like him before and was wondering what it's like to date feminine man. I'm sure it's different depending on the person but I just want a general view of how being with a feminine man would be like.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on his background. I can be kind of feminine at some times, but I'm still aware of the fact that I need to be a man and carry the heavy load.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Every woman I've known who has dated a feminine man has regretted it at some point, and with those couples it always seems like something is "off". At first they tend to think it might be a good idea but it gets old because really they naturally want a man, not a woman in a man's body.

They always seem to complain that the sex is bad, or they just don't have it as often. There's a lack of sexual desire there usually. The reason for this is that the energy is off-balance. Imagine that masculinity and femininity are on a sliding scale - both sexes tend to be naturally sexually attracted to those of the opposite sex who are on either end of the scale in general - masculine men, feminine women.

When that balance is thrown off, so is the sexual polarity of either partner. There are plenty of studies that show that women prefer a more masculine man, especially when fertile:
    www.psypost.org/.../wives-masculine-husbands-satisfied-peak-fertility-study-finds-48909

This should all be common sense though - men like women, femininity is female nature. Women like men, masculinity is male nature. If a man likes masculinity or if a woman likes femininity, men do masculinity better and women do femininity better - those people tend to be bi/homosexual.

So basically, bad idea I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • From the few women that I've discussed this with they don't like feminine guys. But as long as you're happy that's all that matters

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I date feminists ("feminine man" like) so they are okay for a fling.

2|0
    0|0
    • Feminist are people who support gender equality. Sorry to burst in like this...

• Show All
    • @Valina

Notice how it says, "[to achieve a bunch of rights] for women that are equal to those for men." That definition is what I said, "Feminism starts with the premise that women are disadvantaged and need to be brought up to where men are."

Given that, if men are minus 100 in a certain right, feminism does not address that mans right by definition. Therefore feminism is a womens' lobby group. They aren't for equality of sexes. Again, they start with the premise that women are socially underserved or lacking rights which they aim to address specifically.

• Sorry, I guess I should have just point blank said feminists are a movement.
      NOT another TERM for males who are feminine.
      Guess I thought too highly of your reading and thinking skills.
      Oops... Sorry for not being clear and point blank...

• Women may tolerate it but not love it. Eventually they will grow to resent it and end up cheating on the beta feminine male with masculine dripping alpha male (even if it's only a one night stand).

0|0
    0|0
  • Until you have sex with the lights on, you don't really know.

0|0
    0|0
  • You sure he’s not gay? What behaviors make him feminine?

0|0
    0|0
  • if it's a feminine man he probably likes getting pegged with a strap on too

0|0
    0|0
  • I think he is the perfect guy for you girls

0|0
    0|0
  • Most girls date bitches nowadays. He's a bitch. Not a big deal - most guys are becoming bitches now. And yes bitches are usually bi-sexual so keep a condom.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• I have dated 2 very “feminine” men. Firstly, the entire notion of “feminine” and “masculine” should be debunked. It is possible for a male to have characteristics that are under the societal definition of being “feminine” without being branded the same.
    I find suchguys to be very loving, sweet, caring and sensitive. There is usually a negative connotation attached to such traits in men, which I find problematic. Enjoy this, it’s rare and sweet!

2|1
    0|0
    • Well said!!! And thank you!!! I really appreciated your input. I really do enjoy it and you are absolutely right, the stereotypeing has to go. But I think I enjoy his sweetness and kindness.
      Thanks again!

• I’d think he is possibly a linguist or philosopher or professor or very comfortable with himself and possibly nurturing— none of that is bad in fact it’s all great

2|1
    0|0
  • By current boyfriend is a little feminine and I love him, I only wish he was not feminine.

He has quite feminine mannerisms, like the hand thigh you mentioned, sitting with crossed knees, standing with his hand on his hip.

He's into style and like to dress well and groom himself, is always wearing skinny jeans.

Apparently he even once went trough a phase of wearing makeup. Sadly I missed that, but he still gives me lipstick recommendations 😂

2|0
    0|0
  • I find them really attractive. They're Pretty Boys.
    I've met a few guys who at first thought were Gay. One guy had a voice that made me think he was Gay all that time, and the way he would like flirt. The other had really pretty eyes, he had really georgeous eyelashes. His voice also made me think he was gay. But in the end everyone figured out that they were just straight pretty boys.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is hard. . I think it’s better to get to know him a little more. 🙂 I feel like when you start dating someone little things like that can stand out and somewhat bother you. Then you get to know them well and it totally disappears.

1|0
    0|0
  • T_T I wouldn't mind if it was a specific person. Honestly I like someone online so I don't really know what he looks like. So when I go out I look at really ugly/weird looking people and ask myself "If that was him, would I love him?" I usually answer yes lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t mind but I would laugh at him when he does feminine stuff

2|0
    0|0
  • I guess macho stereotypes don't apply to him since he's in the middle. Manly and feminine middle.

0|0
    0|0
  • I could not jist because im boyish my self. Id feel weird

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no. I want a manly man.

1|0
    0|0
  • I hate stereotype. Stereotypical men are boring as are stereotypical women

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes