1 mo

Why are ladies told to watch how a guy tips?/why do you pay attention to it?

Adam_INTJ
I've always heard that parents and friends will advise ladies to pay attention to if and how much guys tip servers and staff when on a date. As far as I can tell, this has been and remains a common piece of advise.

So, why do you personally pay attention to how much a guy tips, or advise ladies to watch how well a guy tips servers and staff? I'm not just asking why people give this advise, but also, if you do it yourself, why? I'm also curious if it's more of a question of if a guy tips, or if it also matters how much he tips. Does a 15% tip send the same message as a 20% tip?

There are lots of potential logical reasons, so the options I've listed are just the few that I can imagine. If I haven't listed your #1 reason for why give or take this advise, please comment!
Please comment also if you can't decide on a #1 reason--or if you want to rank multiple reasons!
It shows if he has much extra money. Broke guys are bad choices.
It shows how generous he is. Cheapskates are bad choices.
It shows how much he values other people. Guys who don't care enough about others to tip are bad choices.
Vote C
It shows how much he genuinely appreciates that people serve/help. Ungrateful guys are bad choices.
Vote D
It's just tradition. I or other do this or advise ladies to do this for the sake of the tradition.
Vote E
I have never heard of or thought about this before.
Vote F
GirlGuy
7
14