1 mo

Is this “I’m not ready for a relationship” actually legitimate?

Went on a few dates with a girl. I noticed a decline in interest after the third date so we both decided to be friends for now.

She had recently gotten out of a bad relationship, and said that she was still experiencing weird feelings about it and didn’t want to lead me on. She also clarified that she still likes me, she’s just not mentally prepared for a relationship with me yet. She’s also not seeing anyone else.

Now, I’m sure we’ve all heard this before. I’m just wondering if THIS time it’s actually legitimate and she does genuinely have interest in me but she just can’t dedicate to commitment right now.

It’s of note that she told me that she doesn’t like me talking about other women with her because it makes her uncomfortable. Usually people who I’m friends with of the opposite gender I am completely fine with them talking about their boy struggles.

I don’t know, guys. I really do like her but I’m not sure if I should even bother or I should just move on and drop her completely. At some point I would like a relationship with her. What’s the move?

Updates
1 mo
Should mention yes I am completely fine to be her platonic friend as well. We were friends for a couple months before dating and it was actually my suggestion that we become friends when we stopped seeing each other romantically.
Post Opinion