What We Know About Avengers: Infinity War So Far

So, with the two movies coming out in 2018 and 2019 respectively, I just thought I'd post an update on what's been confirmed. This won't exactly have any spoilers since it's impossible for even me to know the actual plot of the story.

What we know about Avengers: Infinity War so far

Captain Marvel will be the most powerful Avenger in the movie.

Yep. You heard that right! I know that Doctor Strange is not officially an Avenger yet, but we all know that he will be in the movie. But if you watched his solo film and thought that he'll be the most powerful out of the group, you're mistaken.

Brie Larson was cast as Carol Danvers. Her origin will be very different from the comics because they don't have enough time to build up to it and fans would also consider it similar to Green Lantern's. Rumors suggest that she might be getting her powers from an Infinity Stone, similar to Vision and the Maximoff twins.

Kevin Feige, the head of Marvel Studios, had this to say about her origin:

What is one of the coolest things about it is she will be by far the most powerful character we've ever introduced in the movie. 'How do you find those limitations? How do you find those vulnerabilities?' is something that is sort of at the crux of the story that we're putting together. She has -- as you know from the comics -- an interesting story, and I think we have a very cool and unique way of telling that story. I don't think it's leaked yet exactly what we're doing with her movie or how we're doing it, but it will be cool. She will prove to be a very important character in our universe for all the movies.

She'll make her MCU debut appearance in the first Infinity War movie and will get her solo film before the second one. It's after Wonder Woman, so DC will have their own superhero film with a female lead first (which is good, since it's about time Wonder Woman got her own live action movie).

Now while I am glad she's getting her own movie, I've started disliking her character in the comics lately. I've lost a lot of respect for her after Civil War II. To put it quite frankly, she was a bitch.

Thanos will practically be the main character.

So, a complaint I often hear about the MCU is the lack of good villains, and rightfully so. The only good villain in the films till now has been Loki in my opinion. The Netflix shows have some really good ones though, and I'd even say that Kilgrave is the best villain in the MCU yet. However, I'm really hoping that this isn't the case with Thanos. They've been building him up for so long and I'd be pissed if he disappoints.

Now a lot of fans think that he's the best Marvel villain and even though that is debatable, I do think he fits the definition of "evil" better than any other Marvel or DC villain. If you don't know what his goal is, it's kind of complicated but it's similar to multiversal extinction. I know fans who think that what he wants is power, but that's not exactly accurate. He wants to kill as many beings in the universe as possible. A lot of it has to do with his own hatred for life, but also because he's in love with Mistress Death (who is the embodiment of death itself) and he wants to impress her. Now I'm not sure if Death will be in the movie. There were even rumors that she'll be replaced with Hela (who is the primary antagonist in Thor: Ragnarok).

Since we've only had a few glimpses of Thanos throughout the series and the most screen time he had was in Guardians of the Galaxy, it makes a lot of sense that they'll be focusing on him. The movie already has the largest MCU roster yet and could possibly be a mess, which is probably why there are two movies instead of one. It's been confirmed that he'll be having more screen time than anyone in the movie.

And for those wondering how powerful Thanos is, let's just say that none of the Avengers can beat him one on one. He's defeated Hulk with one punch before, which says a lot about his strength. He's taken blows directly from beings like Galactus, and he's one of the most powerful magic users in the Marvel universe. Also, this is probably debatable but I'd say that he is hands down the smartest Marvel character and the only DC character smarter than him is Brainiac.

It'll be the first (two) movie(s) to be entirely filmed using IMAX cameras.

Really not much to say here. The Dark Knight was the first movie to be even partially filmed with IMAX cameras. This is going to be the first one to be entirely filmed with them.

The movies will have different titles.

If you've been following news about the MCU, there's a good chance that you've seen this poster before.

This is no longer the case, though. There were rumors that one of the movies is being canceled but they've been debunked. The only difference is that they will have different titles.

Now just for some trivia, the movie isn't being based on the Infinity War comics but another story arc called Infinity Gauntlet. There is a story arc called Infinity War in the comics, but it's very different. Similarly, Avengers: Age of Ultron wasn't based on the Age of Ultron comics but Ultron Unlimited instead. The Age of Ultron comics are nothing like what the movie was.

I was really hoping they would name the first movie Infinity Gauntlet and the second one Infinity War, but sadly they revealed that the first one will be called Infinity War. The title for the second film is as-of-yet unknown.

The Guardians will be teaming up with the Avengers.

This is a thing that's going to happen. I don't know the details myself, but Thanos had a major role in Guardians of the Galaxy, even though he had very little screen time. They seem to be partially prepared for what's to come. They know that Thanos is looking for the stones. And since the Avengers are fighting Thanos, it's a no-brainer that they'll all be in the movie.

It's possible that even characters from the Netflix shows might make an appearance. And the Avengers might finally know that Agent Coulson is alive.

The Avengers will be scattered at the start.

Well after Captain America: Civil War, this isn't really a surprise. This is what Joe Russo had to say.

The greatest threat the universe has ever seen is going to come at the moment where the Avengers are arguably at their lowest, at their worst, at their least strong and most divided since theyโ€™ve been formed โ€” that for us was a very exciting place for us to be as storytellers because of the vulnerable nature of our heroes in that kind of a situation. For us, as we move forward into Infinity War, the condition of the Avengers is very much an important part of how that story starts and what dangers they face moving forward.

Thor might be the one to get the team back together.

Well he did leave at the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron and he also seems to be the only one who is prepared for Thanos. However, he isn't going to be able to do it on his own. While I wouldn't exactly say that Thor is stupid, he's also not the brightest. He's already met Doctor Strange and he'll be teaming up with Hulk in his upcoming solo film. They seem to be the two Avengers who are missing and are currently in space. They're going to come back to Earth and find that the Avengers have been torn apart.

The movie is currently in production. I'm pretty excited for it and I'm hoping they don't disappoint. They've been building up to it for so long.

514
LadyTerror is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• why do they have to have captain marvel, her name is just very meta

• like is there another name she can use, like that doesn't have the publisher in the title

• But Supergirl has never actually taken on the identity of Superman so not exactly the right analogy.

Also, this isn't the only character they've done this with. Even for Ant-Man, they directly went with the Scot Lang story

• That's diffrent because there was an antman. Captain Marvel has been completely replaced by Ms marvel.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thor is bae. Can't wait for Ragnarok but also looking forward to these two! Just saw Logan, that was pretty spectacular.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 13

• Sounds fun. But what will they do after this? It kind of feels like they will go down the Supernatural route - the main story ends (like it did for SP in SE 5) but they continue with seasonal arcs afterwards that seem less important than the first.

• That's what it seems like. I don't know if they actually have anything planned after it

• If there won't be any announcements before these two films come out, we can assume that everything will be more or less halfassed, story wise.

• Hasn't Disney already stated that they want their movies to focus more on the heroes than the villains? It is a common complaint about sine Marvel movies and I think they made a response along those lines to that criticism.

• That could def be one of the reasons. Another might be that unlike the other villains, they've been building up to Thanos for a while. I think one of the reasons Loki was interesting is because he already had a movie establishing his origin before The Avengers came out

• That's true. Thanos needs a major intro because he's a very intense character.

• It should be a good advengers movie. I don't know how they will balance the screen time with so many characters.

In the new Thor movie thor has to fight the hulk in a gladiator battle. So we will see how that turns out.

• Captain Marvel as in Carol Danvers? Interesting, for the first time in a movie.
    Thanos as the main villain? Good idea.
    Guardians and Avengers together? I hope they can work out as a team.
    Thor, Hulk, and Doctor Strange - fantastic combination.

• Well, I wouldn't say that Marvel lacks good villains... The villains are just underappreciated because of the bar of villain Heath Ledger's joker set.. Everybody wants that type of villain.. Look at Baron Zemo.. He was actually a pretty good villain.. He succeeded in tearing the Avengers apart.. He did something even Loki couldn't do.. The villains are just more one dimensional, or just lacking character development.. Also, I know some other things like the budget for both movies is going to be huge. 500 Million each..

• Hey big mama, remember me? Anyhow, i need to ask you two questions and i ain't got the status as a master or stuff to ask you in message :( So ill have to ask you here. No kidding, most people keep asking me if i'm prince philip of sweden.. Hmmz hell no im just me? But i googled (prince philip sweden) Could you believe my luck when even i thought darn i could pass for this dude! So and i might go to prison for asking this (please i am drunk boy no harm) If i killed the swedish prince and the royal family to take his place on the throne would you normal girls still want me or when you found out what bad stuff i did, you would report me to police? Even tho i know royals is above the law in EU you would have to prove i'm not kidding cause i might be the prince. TRUST ME I won't DO ANY BAD THINGS i just ask cause im drunk and he look like my brother from a kings mother he he he? still love you panda girl <33333 yes im still high drunk fucked up please respond =( ?

• @ChocoLada you have to check this out ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Hehehe i love you, girls you so funny <3 make my whole day :) I forgot how panda and I became friends might it have been cause my brother (number one skater dude in the world at FS, oh believe be i ain't bullshitting go ask tony hawk or bad markers or just google. Well, my brother's name is Rodney but goes by i sissy state: The Mutt, the King och The Legend of The Extreme Panda. Shit, i forgot what i was talking about. Guess you girls already hate me now am i right? It's not hard being me all the time so some sympathy would be nice in just a Drug using-ninja-teacher that skates, loves his family but they hate him =( I need friendship, i found that in you and panda. Without sounding like a total creep :o I see you both like the parents i never had <3 ? Sure laugh, by the way here Rodney the panda pow youtube. com/watch? v=1U-cgn3cEGA Im the black cheap of this la familia =( This is why i need Lady and Panda for my sanity

• I'm just hoping they bring back the Red Skull in it. Getting rid of him is like getting rid of the Joker.

• These movies are going to be EPIC. Like the BIGGEST things ever made for action movies. They'll have to be, in order to properly showcase how immensely powerful and dangerous Thanos is, especially when he gets all the gems. Lady Death will be in this, or why would Thanos even care? She's going to be monstrous as well. It's going to be a blood bath though. Most of the beloved won't make it (or shouldn't). But, that will just help Marvel reboot characters and interject other characters, hopefully at least. We'll see. We can all speculate, but for what it's worth, I think these movies will blow our minds. And I think Thor Ragnarok is going to start things with a BANG!.

• why are they dragging out this franchise unnecessarily long is the real question

• I wouldn't called it dragging out.. That's if you're talkin about the Marvel movie franchise as a whole.. I mean it doesn't plan on ending anytime soon really.. LOL.

• it looks like its gonna do sky high good!

It doesn't look like its gonna be a copy and paste of the first one which its exactly what Age of Ultron was from my point of view. coincidentally I was reading last night that Logan already got a 9.3/10 at IMDB which is officially the best superhero movie out there now that it surpassed The Dark Knight!

along the line I was also reading that Logan will be the last movie with Hugh Jackman portraying Wolverine. but as I kept reading they said that this is not official yet as they are planning on having him portray Wolverine again in other future Marvel movies outside the X-Men franchise. so I wouldn't be surprise if he actually shows up in Infinity Wars though I don't remember any of the X-men
    characters teaming up with The Avengers, by it wouldn't hurt if he at least did a cameo.

• Can't wait to see Thanos. I hope they'll finish the Avengers series soon

• I am pretty excited to see Thanos in action finally

• Cool. Thanos is badass.
    And finally my favorite Doctor Strange is at it!

What Girls Said 4

• Avengers are no big deal, League Of Justice would beat them up, hands down ;)

• According to your info, it's going to be a very interesting movie, I can't wait to see it.

• WoW, sounds cool enough for me ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Awesome team, I think I'm gonna like this movie :)