6 Reasons Why You Attract Toxic People

Hi guys and girls!!!! This is my first myTake!!! 🥳🎊🎉

I was inspired to do a myTake on this topic after receiving so much feedback on toxic people, interacting with toxic people and answering questions from people who are not quite sure why "this keeps happening to me" (victims). I have put together some reasons to be aware and conscious of. Take a look🤓🧐

Reason Number 1. You are a great listener!!!!!

Bleeding Love
Bleeding Love

Being a good listener is one of the most valuable communication skills to possess. To be able to actively listen and respond appropriately is not an easy thing to do. So what could be wrong with being a good listener? A good listener is the easiest target. Once someone sucks you into their problems you seem to get stuck in that mess with them. Have you noticed that you never speak or really express yourself because you can't get a word in? You won't be able to because you are a good listener. That's your role now, which means that maybe no one really asks about your problems or how you are feeling. If any of these scenarios/examples caused an epiphany of sorts, then this amazing listener is you. But don't fret, there are ways to set boundaries and I will cover that in a different post. Phew!!!!! So excited for reason number two 😇 👏🙌

Reason Number 2. You Love Everything ❤️

Love
Love
Wonder
Wonder

Yes I said it. You are in love with life, you love people, you love animals, you love nature, You.Love.It.All. Toxic people are broken or in the middle of being repaired. The worst thing a toxic person wants to see is joy. Hence, the saying "misery loves company". No love allowed here😣😢 Their job is to make sure you are no happier than they are. It is a very sad truth. Toxic people need love the most and they don't get it because they hurt people in the pursuit. Not saying this is always done purposely but it happens. Do not think that your big heart is a problem because it is not. You will have to place boundaries on what type of love and interactions you will allow. And consistently enforce them. So continue to spread love and joy. Just don't put yourself in a position where a thief can come steal it from you.

Reason Number 3. You are open, honest, and unapologetically you.

Unapologetically your authentic self
Unapologetically your authentic self

You wear your soul on your sleeve. You are an open book and very easy to read sometimes. Toxic people will see these qualities and think of all the ways they can use that against you.( If you have an example feel free to share your story.) For instance, have you ever told someone something private just for it to be thrown in your face in an argument or disagreement? If this has happened or something similar then I am here to say you are not flawed. These qualities are highly coveted and you should work overtime to appreciate and be grateful for them. You will need to set boundaries for the amount of information you are willing to share with any given person to protect yourself from toxic people.

Reason Number 4. You are extremely generous.

Here just take it
Here just take it

You are the type of person to put your neck on the line to help someone succeed. You have put yourself in financially challenging spots trying to help someone who won't even help themselves. You have had to make sacrifices to ensure their well being. Basically you're AWESOME!!!!!! Everyone can depend on you to stop what you are doing to cater to their needs. Toxic people will treat you like a bottomless ATM if you let them. They will suck all your generosity out to the point where you question whether generosity is actually a good trait. Well, don't question it. It's a beautiful trait and very selfless.

Reason Number 5. You have goals and aspirations.

Killing it
Killing it

You have been setting goals and crushing them. You just got that promotion and you are now supervisor status and the money will keep you financially sound. You finally finished your degree after four years. You may have even gotten a new car and a new home. You did the work and you deserve the recognition. A toxic person thinks the exact opposite. They lack the drive, motivation, and commitment to have what you have. So they will try to bring you down to their levels so they don't have to feel inadequate. Or worse they will use your hard work to boost themselves up the social ladder. Also known as an opportunist and they will sabotage everything you worked for if given the opportunity to do so. You will need to sometimes keep your ambitions and aspirations to yourself and succeed in silence.

Reason number 6. You're admirable and a role model.

You can do it all
You can do it all

You are what people look up to. Some will become infatuated or even obsessed. Do people copy your every move? Do they take your thoughts and opinions to make them their own? Are they constantly checking up on you to see exactly what your doing? Then before you know it you have a twin you didn't know you had. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." Now even though this can be true, there will always be limits.

Your deserve a break to laugh it off
Your deserve a break to laugh it off

This was a short but sweet list and I hope it was helpful. I will be doing more follow up Takes for family and friends to hopefully help everyone to understand each other and themselves better. Remember to spread love not hate. Thanks for taking the time to read and leave feedback. Have a wonderful COLORFUL day 💜💚💛🧡❤️💙

6 Reasons Why You Attract Toxic People
25
22

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Guys

• winterfox10

The best way to deal with toxic people is to be ludicrously unpleasant with them once they start to get toxic, and then go back to being your peachy, friendly self.

I have a fantastic coworker whom I refer to as "Homicide Rob." Rob is the sort of person that psychologists write textbooks about. You can tell whether there was a shooting or violent tragedy in the news, because he runs around the next day at work with a demented smile on his face. He is the only person I have met who keeps his head shaved because he doesn't want to need to talk with a barber while she cuts his hair; he is literally THAT unpleasant. I firmly believe that the reason he hasn't shot up our workplace yet is because then he would have to meet a new set of people.

Now I, on the other hand, get along with pretty much everyone; including Homicide Rob. Why do I get along well enough with this cantankerous, hernia inducing, bald, hemorrhoid, of a skinhead, that he smiles and talks to me at work?

Because I flipped my shit on him one day, when he started yelling at me for moving a cart into the general direction he was planning on driving.

• I will be doing a follow up my take about how to avoid toxic people. Thanks for sharing 👍😇

• Paul09

In my experiences, people suck, people love to suck other people's energy just to feel better about themselves. And these people are super selfish, only care about themselves, no one else matters, no animal matters, no tree or anything nature matters to them, as long as they get what they want. No matter how they get it. Through polluting, wasting, killing, insulting, destroying etc. It's like humans were made to destory themselves and this planet. It gives them that boost of yeah I'm so cool, I dont care about anything. Whg can't we all get along with each other and especially this planet, which provides us with everything we can imagine.. I care topo much, so I can loose my mind with these toxic people. I probably end up looking toxic also. It's a negative effect.

• This was beautifully written. I got chills from reading. Thank you ♥️♥️♥️

• Paul09

Thank you for thinking so.

Most Helpful Girls

• Anonymous

Reason 3 is so true for me. I was open and honest with my ex-boyfriend about my anxiety disorder. A few months later he used it against me. He said I wasn’t “normal” and wanted me to stop taking my pills. In the future I won’t be telling anyone I guess. I don’t think he would have figured it out if I didn’t tell him

• So sorry this happened. Thanks for sharing and taking the time to reply. It's gladly appreciated ❤️🥰

• btbc92

Yep. And the biggest offenders are Psychopaths, Sociopaths, Narcissist and Emotional/Spiritual parasites. You also forgot to write down reason #7: Your TOXIC also. One must develop boundaries and not always assume everybody has the best intentions for you. They DON'T!

• Thanks for reading and the feedback ♥️🥰

• Great addition too👍👍👍

2023
  • coolbreeze

Great mytake with very good points.

• Thanks for responding and reading ♥️🥰

• coolbreeze

Your very welcome. Your a great writer❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Really!!! Thank you so much🥰🙊

• tenukitanuki

Weezy F Jefferson has always been right, you count your success by your haters. Also, people think that they can transform shitty people but that is total hubris-- normally rooted in a deeper desire to have transformed some lame ass part of their childhood that should've been better. So now you're older and you're like "here's a lame piece of shit that reminds me of that old lame pile of trash from my life... I bet I can make it cool NOW, yeaaah."

and oh my god, they're just as energy draining and awful as that thing you remember! whodathunkit! I literally fucked around and put myself in the same situation as my mother, living with an emotional vampire that I couldn't remove from my face. Had to pry it off with a court order and a nervous breakdown, parasites lose interest if their host becomes unwell. But now I can sniff out the signs like a bloodhound. It's probably too much and I've been trying to scale it back so I'm not throwing shade so much, but damn do neurotic little shits put me off. I almost can't help myself. A buddy once put it as "a bully's bully" -- and the worst part is you just make a whole situation worse and people hate you for it. But then you keep leaning in because the only thing that really matters is putting off your target.

• Thanks for your feedback ♥️🥰

• so in order to avoid toxic people you need to be a horrible listener, hate everything, be closed in yourself, dishonest and apologetically you, be Scrooge, have no goal or aspirations and not inspire anyone right? XD

• Lol I will be doing a mytake on how to avoid toxic people. This take was specifically for those who attract them and why. Thanks for stopping to read and reply. It's gladly appreciated ❤️🥰

• 5 Ways To Handle Toxic People ↗ I am a woman of my word. ❤️❤️❤️

• thank you I've read it, it was a really good mytake!

• ManOnFire

It is extremely frightening how much this relates to me. No. 4 is very much me and was the case with my ex. Everything you said is true, and even I myself have had to take a step back in recent months and evaluate people and learn not to be so kind and to be careful of who I meet or what I do for them.

Excellent Take.

• Thank you so much for the support and feedback. I'm glad to know all of this resonates at least a little bit ♥️🥰

• GuidoThePizzaMaker

So toxic people love destroying good people, what else is new haha
    1. Is super true. I am like sigmund freud in my apartment, I got people visiting me weekly for "sessions"
    I just spread my toxicity on G@G not in real life haha

• young_old_soul

That makes a lot of sense, as I have an annoyingly common tendency to attract them. It seems like once I distance myself from one, another soon takes their place.

• Thanks for breaking the misconception that someone must be a bad person or immature or whatever themselves to be attracting someone toxic. It's the opposite. They just need to learn to respect themselves and have boundaries for good.

• Thanks so much for the feedback. ♥️♥️♥️

• Smegskull

As a toxic person myself one of the things that draws me to people is them having strong opinions built on sand. I love forcing reality in the faces of people who can't handle it.

"Me, lie, never. The truth is FAR too much fun" - Hook.

• Thanks for your honesty ♥️♥️♥️

• themomo84

Um I have been the recipient of toxic people's behavior at work. I don't love everything. I don't believe that has any bearing as far as being a magnet. The rest of this take has some validity. Ty

• SexyAshh

I've never related to something moree!!!

This is definatly by FAR one of the best mytakes!

Thanks girl👏👍😊☺️

• OMG really!!! You are so damn nice. Thank you so much for reading and responding ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• SexyAshh

Of course, everything makes so much sense! Especially the first one! Im very talkative but when it comes to problems i tend to unintentionally take on everyones because i dont like to share mine or burden others with them.

Def why my last friend got cut off!. I never realized how many issues i took on of hers, and when i tried to tell her some of mine she didn't even bother to listen and i got upset i even brought it up! Glad she's gone👏✌️☺️

• I'm so happy for you. Especially because a lot of people can't seem to get out of the toxic relationships once their in them. It's literally like quicksand. ♥️🥰

• Great take. That is why, if you possess these traits, you should have a friend who acts as a gatekeeper.

• Thanks for reading and leaving feedback. ❤️🥰

• PrincessKittyAZN

wow this sounds just like me! o̿ ̭ o̿
    Also thanks for this Mytake! REALLY HELPFUL!
    <3 。◕`ヮ´◕。 <3

• reminds me of the time I'd UST (unresolved sexual tension) with my mum's guy friend...

• Thanks for replying and taking the time to read. It's gladly appreciated 💜💚💙💛

• no problem

• BrittBratt2416

I don't attract anyone, toxic or positive. Not a people magnet lol

• Thanks so much for leaving feedback. ♥️🥰

• SentientBrick

Do not conflate toxicity and criticism. Doing so prevents you learning anything from criticism.

• morrowlow

why do women get such kick from admiring themselves? i can never understand this. 99% of articles written by women are about how fabulous women are.

• CHIFFONZ

Thank you this was perfect timing, I needed to hear this today! Being an empathy really can suck at times

• I'm glad this helped. And thanks so much for reading. 💚💜🖤

• Passinggas

I grew up in hate; so, naturally I am attracted to women that hate me the most or most "toxic".

• I'm sorry that happened 😢😭

• Passinggas

Thanks, but it actually save me by having a realistic view of the world.

• Yay!!! 😇

• Adelphïné

I don't think it's so much that we attract toxic people. I think it's more that they're on the look-out for us. But your post can help us to avoid them when they enter our life. ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    🌟 🌟 🌟 Free book: "Woman to Women" @ smashwords. com/books/view/938595 🌟 🌟 🌟

• faithie_Artist

Umm these listings seem way too positive for something negative

• Lol 😂 thanks for the feedback 😊

• AdithyaR

So you're saying being ourselves and having goals attracts toxic people. So what? Do we stop having goals?

• I will be doing a mytake on how to avoid toxic people. This take was specifically about those who attract toxic people and why. Thanks for understanding and replying. ❤️🥰

• AdithyaR

Thanks for replying.
      I hope to read it soon.
      Eagerly waiting

• ♥️♥️♥️♥️

• jpb0504

Can't attract toxic people if you don't people in the first place

• Maybae

Good read !

• Thanks for reading ❤️❤️❤️

• In short,, "you are a pushover/doormat"

• StingRayxoxo

Yes, very accurate.

• Great job on your first Mytake!!!

• Thank you !!! Thanks for taking the time to read and reply too. ♥️♥️♥️

• scooogy

@StingRayxoxo welcome to the club :D

• naijagurl

Wow, everything you mentioned describes me😂

• OMG lol 😂 Thanks for taking the time to read and leave feedback. I really appreciate it. ❤️🥰

• Shanice_2008

This is great. I identify with it all

• This totally sounds like me

• Ordinarygurl_

Great mytake ❤️

• Thank you for reading ❤️❤️❤️

• Good take :)

• Finchie40

Cuz i am too nice

• Very true and insightful.

• brittslitt

Great take

• Thanks so much for responding ♥️🥰

• Rangers

Another way of saying you're too nice

• No_Archons

Good take

• roy_ricky09

2 and 5

• Thanks for reading ♥️♥️♥️

• Punithaverma

Thanks so much! This is a great Take

• Glen68

So insightful

• 💜❤️🧡💛

• Glen68

😊😁😊😁

• scooogy

Oh crap...

• Lmao 🤣 😂 Thank you so much for reading. ❤️🥰

• I don't attract toxic people

• Anonymous

How should toxic family members be avoided?

• Anonymous

This sounds just like me wtffff. 😣

• Anonymous

hm. narcist?

• Thanks for reading and your feedback ❤️❤️❤️