Happy Father’s Day!

AmourHoney m
Happy Father’s Day!

Happy Father’s Day to all of you fathers and grandfathers out there. I hope you guys have a great day celebrating. I spent some time with my grandparents, socially distanced lmao, celebrating my granddad today 🥰

So to all the hard working and loving dad’s out there have a great day and know that your love and work doesn’t go unrecognised. Here’s a list of some facts about Father’s Day 😊.

1) Father’s Day was invented by Sonora Smart Dodd who wanted to honour her father, a veteran, who was a single parent and raised 6 children by himself

2) The first American president to support the concept of Father’s day was President Calvin Coolidge, who did so in 1924… but it wasn’t until in the year 1966 that President Lyndon Johnson signed a presidential proclamation that resulted in the declaration of the third Sunday of June as Father’s Day.

3)In Thailand, Father’s Day is set as the birthday of the king. December 5 is the birthday of current king, Bhumibol Adulyadej (Rama IX). Thais celebrate by giving their father or grandfather a Canna flower (Dok put ta ruk sa) which is considered to be a masculine flower.

Happy Father’s Day!
4
2

Most Helpful Girls

• PetrovaFire92
    My great father is dead so are my father's male grandparents. Oh an my father died when I was 14 ... Wasn't really a father to begin with. I miss my great father and grandfathers though ☹️💔
    Is this still revelant?
  • SunnyCaliGirl
    Happy Fathers Day to all you Fathers
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• Thanks for posting this!!! It was a lot of fun :)
    Is this still revelant?
  • thank you🖐️
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

02
  • Was confused for a second.
  • Anonymous
    Thank you! :)