The beauty of the 18th century

lanadelrey25

Ah yes, the age of guillotines and powdered wigs! There probably wasn't much beauty in the political world or the nations relationships, but this era produced some of the most delicate and beautiful fashions and art. I am not near as passionate about the 18th century as I am the 19th and early 20th, but I have love for the beauty of all era's. We'll be focusing on France and England because they were the founders of the fashions and art I will be listing below.

That hair:

Yes, they had bugs and in some extreme cases even small rodents, but it looked good!.....

The beauty of the 18th century
The beauty of the 18th century
The beauty of the 18th century

The ornate hair of the prominent women was, you have to admit, quite stunning.

The clothes, oh how splendid! :

The beauty of the 18th century
my favorite <3
my favorite <3
The beauty of the 18th century

The shoes:

The beauty of the 18th century
The beauty of the 18th century
The beauty of the 18th century

Just like the Edwardian period, they were obsessed with tiny, dainty feet.

The beauty of the 18th century

The jewelry:

Down below is one of Marie Antoinette's necklaces, this piece of jewelry caused quite the controversy in her time and it involved sex, lies, affairs and scandal galore. Definitely a contributing factor to her death at the guillotine.

The beauty of the 18th century
The beauty of the 18th century

In France during the French revolution , it became fashionable for the women to wear a red ribbon choker around their necks to symbolize their protest against the guillotine and pay homage to the ones who lost their life to it.

The beauty of the 18th century

The art:

The beauty of the 18th century
The beauty of the 18th century
The beauty of the 18th century

And my personal favorite titled "Love Letters"

The beauty of the 18th century

Look how loving they are! It looks so genuine and adoring it brings tears to my eyes. The way he gazes so lovingly and romantically at his lady...

The beauty of the 18th century

I hope you enjoyed this insight into the beauty of the 18th century! <3

The beauty of the 18th century
7
7

Most Helpful Guys

• GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thanks for sharing the 18th Century with us, My Great Grandparents were born in the latter part of the 18th Century come to the USA from Scotland and their first Daughter was born in Chicago Illinois in 1912, then once they got settled they took home in Donora, Pennsylvania where my Grandma was born 1913, yes the older days was amazing
    Is this still revelant?
  • Siavash_1990
    Excellent read (as usual with your mytakes) Enjoyed it very much.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Siavash: <<<< Thinks to self: Man-O-Man, too many pieces of clothing i had to take off women back then if i had lived back then and had gotten lucky... Beautiful tho, would not had minded

• :)) time travel

• Thank you for the MHO

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

75
  • Omg , this resonated with my soul - sense of familiarity. Welcome to the family of kindred spirits/ possibly soul family. Definitely a resemblance of that era and spiritual connection. Past lives remember past lives. This is truly beautiful 😍
    • Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it! <3

• ct1243

Yes I think we have a knot of a soul family ; there’s a spiritual circle ⭕️ . YW 💕

• GraceMarie01
    Wow! I appreciate how much time you spent making this post, I can tell it took a long time to do. I have always loved the fashion of this era... I never knew that the women wore red ribbons around their neck that is so damn cool!
  • menina
    I only liked the jewelry. Apart from that this wouldn't be a good time for me to be alive unless I was white.
    • It wouldn't have been a good time for really anybody, french royalty were being beheaded left and right by the English and women were being burned alive for being witches. You didn't even like the dresses?

• menina

Yes, I know that. But being a slave wouldn't be good either.
      The only dress I liked was the first one. They look uncomfortable and too big for me.

• I bet they were itchy as hell

• KatherineJ
    Beautiful, but can you imagine trying to wear those dresses on a daily basis?
    • Lol, I wouldn't mind to much. but the whole process of getting ready is like over an hour long!

• KatherineJ

@lanadelrey25 and who has time for that?

• Plenty of people, royalty did lol

• Deathraider
    I mean there were some super weird stuff as well.
    Hey! My hair is a boat.
    Hey! My hair is a boat.
  • Jjpayne
    A very romantic time but I could do without those heavy annoying hair pieces 😊
  • Gwenhwyfar
    The Age of Enlightenment. Plus I loved Kirsten Dunst in Marie Antoinette.
  • B2281
    There was certainly a beauty about it. But I have to agree that the 19th and turn of the 20th century probably had the best fashion. However I do like 18th century Revolutionary American fashion.
  • NYCQuestions1976
    Your taste is definitely unique and unmistakable.
  • COMMODOREII
    Cool lol
  • Anonymous
    You again? This site is so cliquey
    • What do you mean by "you again" ?

• Yeah, you literally made 0 sense

• cli·quey
      adjective: cliquey; comparative adjective: cliquier; superlative adjective: cliquiest

(of a group or place) tending to form or hold exclusive groups and so not welcoming to outsiders.
      Yeah, this isn’t for anyone specific, literally anyone can appreciate the beauty of fashions from another time period lmao

• Anonymous
    i really only like the dresses and jewelry. i don’t think anyone would actually want to live during that time period.