Geeky Recipes: Marco's Super Awesome Nachos (From: Star Vs. The Forces of Evil)

Food is a favorite topic of mine, but so are cartoons and Disney. So, I decided to do a mytake about all three. It's a Recipe for a food on a cartoon on Disney XD called Star vs. The Forces of Evil. The recipe is for Marco's Super Awesome Nachos as featured on the Season 1 Episode 1 part 2 segment of the show. Plus it can also be found in the book Star And Marco's Guide to Mastering Every Dimension. So without any further ado let's get cooking!

You will Need:

Chips:

1 bag of corn tortilla chips

juice of 1 lime

1 1/4 tsp Cumin

1tsp paprika

1 pinch cinnamon

1 pinch chili powder

Pico de Gallo:

Can be store bought

Frijoles de la Olla (Beans of the pot):

put a can of pinto beans into a pot with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bring them to a boil and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Guacamole (if not store bought):

2 avacados, cut into small cubes

juice of 1 lime

1 tomato chopped

1 jalepeno,seeded,diced

salt,pepper to taste

mix in a bowl for 20 minutes then cover to refrigerate

Cheese Sauce:

4 tbsp butter

6tbsp flour or cornstarch

1/4 cup milk

1block soft cheese of choice

1pinch chili powder.

Preparing the Cheese sauce

First off you are going to start by making a roux, which is a base that gives sauces a nice thickness. Melt the butter then wisk the flour in. Cook until it comes to a bubble, then lower the heat. Whisk in the milk and allow the mixture to return to bubbling before adding the cheese slowly shredded and bit by bit as it melts.

The Chips

dump the chips into a brown paper bag and squeeze lime juice into the bag . Sprinkle the spices onto the chips and close the bag to shake them together.

Serving

Pour the chips onto an oven safe platters in a couple layers. Then, ladle the beans and broth onto the chips. Place the combo into an oven at 375 degrees farenheight for 10 minutes to warm the chips and bind them with the bean juices.

Remove from the oven then ladle the cheese sauce all over. Cover with the cold Guacamole,jalepenos, and pico de gallo. It is important to add the ingredients fresh as it contrasts the coolness to the heat. Serve immediately.

And there you have it! A recipe for good nachos.So the next time you are in the mood for Mexican food or just channel surfing (perhaps watching Star vs The Forces of Evil) Try these nachos! They also make good appetizers for Super Bowl parties!

#SuperAwesomeNachos

#StarVsTheForcesofEvil

53
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I will try to make it! One difficulty is that good tortilla chips are hard to come by here in Japan but I know a store that has them.

I want to share a recipe that every single American I've served this dish to has absolutely loved: so much so that they sometimes come home and make it themselves. It's Napolitan spaghetti, and while it has an Italian-sounding name, it's a totally Japanese rip-off. Italians tend to hate it and consider it blasphemy since it involves using ketchup.

cdn.akihabaranews.com/.../napolitan02.jpg

It's a *ridiculously* simple recipe:

200g spaghetti
    3-4 smoked sausages, small
    1/2 brown onion
    1/4 green pepper
    4-5 Tbsp ketchup
    Salt

That's all there is to it. You can add some garnishes but this will make a very nice dish.

1. Basically start by boiling the spaghetti noodles until they're al dente.
    2. On a frying pan at medium high heat with oil, add sausage pieces and let them cook a bit.
    3. Add the onions and green peppers and cook for a few minutes.
    4. Add the spaghetti noodles already cooked and stir fry everything for a minute or two.
    5. Season with just a little bit of salt, a couple of pinches. There's no need for a lot since the ketchup will do most of the work.
    6. Finally add the ketchup and sauté for a couple more minutes.

Voila, Naporitan spaghetti. It tends to taste and look much fancier than it actually is and can impress girls (probably not Italian girls) quite a bit in spite of being so simple. It's basically noodles and veggies and sausage cooked in ketchup.

https://youtu.be/SGejr3U0ORo

There's no need for the parsley and Parmesan cheese; that's optional. It also goes amazingly well with Tabasco sauce.

• Japan really likes ketchup and mayo.. they're used on things you'd never think of in the states or Italy, haha.

• drain the excess of oil, using kitchen paper

• @lime_rampljuset Awesome. I will look into that, many thanks! If I can make nice tortilla chips, I'm very happy.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 4

• I love nachos :D
    if i was any good at making things i'd most certainly try this lol

• I love nachos, so I might try this recipe. I was inspired before to make chili cheese fries from Ben 10.

• Cool recipes, I like them all, nice mytake :)

• the beans need to be cooked 30-35 minutes, not 10.

What Guys Said 2