Is it true that each time we breathe air, or take a sip of water, we ingest one of the atoms inspired or swallowed by Leonardo da Vinci?

Silverio_Stieger

It's true that we breathe a lot of molecules which have passed into the lungs of Leonardo, but also into those of Adolf Hitler or all the human beings who have frequented this planet. The calculation that leads to this conclusion is not very complicated -- but I'll do without it here, lack of formatting tools (high-powered mathematical-chemical formulas).

In all cases, we can nevertheless show, that we've all even breathed five of the molecules exhaled by Leonardo during his last breath!

Obviously, we assume that the mixture of Leonardo's molecules with that of the atmosphere is good (in five hundred years, there has been time to do so), that Leonardo did not re-inspire some of the expired molecules, and that there was no loss to the atmosphere due to combustion, fixation by plants, etc. Either way, it wouldn't make much difference to the end result.

Better yet, not only do we breathe the air it has exhaled, but it's likely that we swallow, in each glass of water we drink, a little of the liquid it has released. Urine or sputum, you have a choice.

The law of conservation of matter means that atoms are infinitely recycled in the universe. However, if you consider the time during which the dinosaurs lived, it's almost certain that each of your breaths has already been partly breathed by a dinosaur, and that each apple that you eat contains atoms that have in the past made up an animal or a man. Obviously, this may pose some problems for vegetarians.

On the other hand, this question should make homeopathy followers think. In any glass of water there's an assortment of active homeopathic molecules of all the diseases we may have. And it's free.

5
4

Most Helpful Guys

• HungLikeAHorsefly
    It would be true if the atoms in and around da Vinci's body were evenly distributed through his environment throughout his life and after his death. I expect, however, that the majority of those atoms are still centered in and around the area he lived in, and his place of burial.

I expect ingesting an atom that existed in da Vinci's body is a pretty rare event, and when it does happen it's only a couple of atoms at a time. I'm guessing that most of us will never ingest any of da Vinci's atoms and those of us who do will only do so once or twice in our entire lives.
    Is this still revelant?
  • WildZooGuy
    Well technically every whiff of air and drop of water on the planet has been through everything even dinosaurs but because the carbon filtering and evaporation cycle they become recomposited each time erasing it's memory.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• _gigi18
    Yeah what you say makes sense. My mother and I were discussing it the other day she told me she poured her fathers ashes into victoria falls 30 years go. Everytime it rains a little bit of his ashes has fallen somewhere. I don't think I could discuss the reasoning at length but I'd love to listen to a discussion about it
    Is this still revelant?
  • OldSchool_Metalhead
    Wow.. this mytake was deep thinking lol. Very interesting stuff!
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

32
  • zagor
    Yeah well if you find it interesting that at each meal you're ingesting some part of Hitler's poo, then have at it. I don't find it particularly (particle-ulary?) interesting.
  • JohnWickman
    Dude, whatever your smoking, pass it this way!!
  • DeeDeeDeVour
    Hmmm...
    Interesting!
  • jillybeanns
    That’s funny to think about.
  • Mrswright077
    Prolly