Personality Traits That Girls Hate in a Guy!

FadedGrenade

6 Personality Traits That Girls Like in a Guy!

This was my inspiration ( :

Not to generalize, everyone has their own opinions. Girls are all different so some of these may contradict themselves.

Not Caring about Her

Ask questions! It shows you care about who she is as a person. Don't only answer questions and don't look at your phone the whole time she is talking. It is insensitive and hurtful. Don't make zero effort to hang out with her, or else it shows that you don't even have an interest in her.

Not Caring about Himself

Please don't have long dirty nails, ew. Please don't give zero fucks about how you look. Yeah, nobody is perfect, but wearing stained t-shirts and sweatpants every day is a turnoff. Tie your shoes and especially look presentable on a date. And TAKE CARE OF HYGIENE! Guys who smell like literal asscrack are the worst. Please shower, please wear deodorant. It's so quick and easy but makes the largest difference. You don't have to smell like flowers, but don't smell like a dumpster.

(I love stock photos)

Being Emotionless

Can you laugh? I mean, people aren't always funny but if you never laugh at anything anyone ever says, it seems like you hate them or just have no sense of humour, which are both unattractive.

Disrespectful

Don't push your girl around. Don't insult her for jokes. Don't call your ex crazy because everybody knows that calling your ex crazy is almost the same as calling all women crazy when you break up. I stay away from guys like this. Also, don't compare her to other girls. It is incredibly hurtful most of the time, even when it is supposed to be a compliment. Saying that she is different from other girls because she likes sports or video games or something is a turn off because usually it isn't even true, and secondly, it makes us feel singled out and bizarre.

Being Boring

Don't talk about one thing that literally doesn't matter. If there is only one topic for every conversation you have, something is wrong. It's awesome that you like that topic and have a passion for it too, but it is boring and seems like you have no other hobbies or interests. Stay away.

A few others that aren't long enough for a whole paragraph:

Acting differently toward her in front of your friends, laziness,terrible fashion, ignoring on social media(leaving texts unread, etc), not being able to have smart conversations, judging her for eating something unhealthy when you are really into fitness, trying to be too cool, being selfish, being self centered, and other general bad traits.

35
21
21Girl Opinion
35Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Cosytoasty

It sounds like you want the guy to accept you as you are and yet are completely unwilling to tolerate a single flaw in him.

"No sense of humour" ... "Don't insult her for jokes"

"Don't be self-centered" ... "Not caring about himself"

"Don't try to be too cool" ... "have good fashion sense"

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but that's how it comes across.

Like 7 People
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• PrincessPie

Completely agree with every single one lol.
    Only one i have a grey area with is disrespectful as i don't mind a few jokes and a little banter as long as there is no malice involved.

LikeDisagree 7 People
    Is this still revelant?
    • Dtegesd123

whoever downvoted a few jokes with no malice intent must have a boring relationship or suck at flirting with their partners.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2034
  • JimRSmith

Good take - any normal man will also hate those personality traits in a girl, too.

We can probably all agree that they are absolutely undesirable characteristics to find in a partner.

Like 7 People
    Reply
  • FMJ_Guy

Ok, I know all of that, and I have tried with several, to overcome these 'perceived inadequacies' but why is it ALWAYS guys, that have to change for you women?
    Why would a guy want to be with someone that ALWAYS tells him is didn't do this, or that, or he should have done this, and then another thing, and OH, READ MY MIND, and KNOW what I want, in bed!!
    I think some guy invented Porn, so 'SANE' guys didn't need to get trapped into that sht!!!

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
  • g_peresilva

I hate it when the guy becomes cocky and arrogant. Also when I talk to guys online and I ask for them not to do a particular thing, they end up doing it later on not caring about my position or how I feel sometimes. Thank God I found myself a guy who is caring towards me despite my flaws and I love him for it more than he could ever know

Reply
  • Browneye57

It's up to you to decide... that's why you DATE!
    And guys just simply don't think like girls do - they're brains are wired completely differently.
    Oh, and you're not going to change anyone, so choose wisely, and then accept them as they are. You can't 'fix' them, so don't even try.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
    • goaded

What's the classic? "Women marry men, thinking they'll change; men marry women thinking they won't".

• LoveJones123

Yes all these traits are sooo TRUE. Its a BIG turn off when a guy is disrespectful because it shows that he doesn't even have it for himself either. And being emotionless is annoying because i dont see what you're passionate about or even me.. so it becomes a waste of time

Reply
  • cinderelli

I think these are unappealing traits in general.. some are more important than others but overall everyone doesn't like these traits

Like 4 People
    Reply
  • Halucinator

Awwwe that was far better than mine
    You rock Editor😊

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • musical_kittycat

Oh, for sure. Controlling is the worst, though, whether it's male or female control. Both partners, no matter the gender, should be equal in a relationship.

Reply
  • SomeStrangeGirl

I'm not attracted to cocky, ignorant, self-righteous, boring, lying, heartless, cheating guys who don't care about me.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Nivinxus

Well, you can pretty much say the same personality traits that guys hate in a girl. Honestly, this list is basically "don't be this to a potential partner".

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • edwardhiedler

'Not caring about her'. This, in my experience, can meat ten million things. Anything you say or do can quickly become a sign you don't care about her. But you know, evolution has equipped men with the ability to deal with this constant whining. At the end of the day, men do care about women quite a lot.

Disagree 1 Person
    Reply
  • Logorithim

Excellent take, and more than one of these traits tend to be present in some guys. I'd add stinginess to that list as well.

Reply
  • TheUglyMan

Lol women aren't attracted to the weak emotions of a man. You wanted the strong man you got him. Women love guys that dont show they care. because if a guy comes out with huge interest she sees him as "needy"

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Commander_Courtney

It’s not cute being a controlling or manipulative girlfriend either. But I’m not bitter. lol

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • bubble_tea

Hate is a strong word. Should be "dislike in a guy" when the other post was titled "like in a guy".

LikeDisagree 3 People
    Reply
  • Blahgirl43

Joking is fine, as long as it's playful. It's only a problem if they are constantly putting you down. Or making you feel bad about things you can't change or things you are trying to change. That goes for both parties though.

Reply
  • Jesminakter

"it's not cute to be controlling boy friend" excellent words

Reply
  • blondfrog

Women have no personality either. Both males and females of this generation deserve each other to be honest. I've seen equal amount of both of these traits in men and women.

Disagree 1 Person
    Reply
  • TheBestUsername

I think my interests are too broad and shallow. I like casual gaming, adventures, traveling, and a general interest in intellectual topics like philosophy. That's all pretty common stuff.

Reply
  • SensationalPear

I don't mind joking around, but straight up disrespectful I don't like.

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Show More (34)