When A Girl Ignores You: 5 Reasons Why She is Ignoring You

Okay guys, here’s the scoop. The chances are really high that if she’s ignoring you, by avoiding you, offering no response to your advances, and other actions that indicate she wants no contact, it’s not because she secretly wants to date you. Instead, it’s likely – sorry to hurt your feelings – that she’s ignoring you because she’s not interested in you as a romantic partner.

The ignoring signs:

• No response. You speak to her in person, and she acts like she doesn’t hear you. You speak louder and get the same response. Texting her cell gets no response either.
  • Avoidance. She avoids you, it seems, as you’re never in the same places together, even when you know she’s supposed to be showing up.
  • No contact. She has told you she wants no contact with you, and now she’s following through with that by using the no response and avoidance techniques.
There are reasons she ignores you
There are reasons she ignores you

So, if any of the above points apply, please take note that she’s just not interested in you. Why might that be, though, you ask? Check through this list of scenarios to see if any of them fit the bill:

1. She Feels Offended

While you may not have meant to offend her, it happened. Perhaps you were talking to her face to face and checked out a woman that walked by. She may feel that was rude and turned off of you. Of course, she hasn’t given you the opportunity to defend yourself – I understand that, and she may well do too, in time.

2. A Mutual Friend Issue

Do you have mutual friends with her? If so, it’s possible that one of them told her something negative about you. Whether it’s true or not, she may have reservations about being around you or responding to your latest text messages because of what she’s heard. An example is that she heard you broke up with your last few girlfriends because it got too serious for you to handle. In that case, she doesn’t want to get her heart broken and so decides not to pursue anything with you. That’s why she’s ignoring you.

3. Lack of Attraction

Unfortunately, she just may not be attracted to you. It happens to all of us at some point. That’s not to say you’re unattractive. No, but physical chemistry is usually important in a relationship and without it, well, she just may not be interested. Hence, she avoids you so you won’t flirt with her.

She doesn’t want to get her heart broken.

4. She Likes Guys With an Edge

Perhaps this particular woman likes men with an edge; she might like tattoos on guys or men that ride motorbikes, for example. If you’re the so-called “nice guy” then she may honestly not even notice you. She may look instead for the rebels in the group. In this case, it’s best to stay true to who you are, rather than changing to suit her. There are plenty of women who are looking for a kind man, so just be patient until you find her.

5. She Already has a Boyfriend

Are you 100% sure that she is single? If she avoids you, she just may be acting faithful to her partner. Ask your friends if they are able to confirm her relationship status, just to be sure whether that is the issue.

If none of these scenarios seem to fit and you can’t put the issue to rest, you can try to confront her as to why she is ignoring you. While she may offer no response and continue to avoid or have no contact with you, it’s possible she will provide an answer. If she is honest with you, be prepared that it may not be what you hope to hear. You may get emotionally hurt. In this case, it is probably best simply to move on.

Remember that we are all not suited for one another, and there may be someone that is a better fit for you as a girlfriend just around the corner.

1133

Most Helpful Guys

• My take on this article is when a girl has been ignoring you for weeks then this should be taken seriously. Anything less than that, I wouldn't take it seriously.

That being said, women like this need to learn when to say no and stop being scared of a reaction from the rejected. Domestic violence could occur but that is rare in these occasions. A normal man at worst would give you a snarky parting words but that's how it is.

If you want men to improve on relationships to women, then you start telling us guys what we need to improve instead of making us suffer for it.

• Being turned down sucks either way. Some girls are just too timid to come right out & say she's not interested. I'm one of them. I even annoy myself, but I am just so effing shy that I can't help it & never know what to say.

• @cyndyrene well sorry if you suffer for rejecting someone. Maybe you just have bad luck with men period. All I'm hearing is this is from you

• I don't think inhale bad luck, as this HD what other women go through as well. All of my sisters and cousins, coworkers ALL of us have experienced this once in our life. It's why we give out fake numbers. Ita why we try to pretend we do not hear you. I prefer to be left alone. Period. I don't care gown fine you think someone is, you don't have a right to them or their number. No women owes you that.

• The fact remains it's a bitch move to be passive-aggressive and shun someone when things could be much clearer if she said "I think you're a cool guy but just don't see any attraction."

• Yep yep understood

• 1d

@Darknut I only tell people I'm interested when that is exactly what I want. If not, I move on. Don't need to play games with people. The problem lay with people who play games with me. Honesty is the best policy.

• 13h

@btbc92 well what if the guy isn't playing games, you tell a woman you like them, then they get all mad and start blocking you and if you accept thst and still wanna be friends with them (as if you wantes things to be normal again) they continue not wanting too. Meanwhile you hurt because of it.

Most Helpful Girls

• Girls get confused in the same way. It reminds me of the movie He's Just Not That Into You. Girls read way too much into every little thing a guy does & think he likes her even if he's barely talking to her. I've been there. I think we all have at some point. Some people are just too tender-hearted to come right out & turn a person down. I know not talking to them much doesn't seem much better, but nobody has an obligation to talk to another person just because you have a crush on them. When it's one-sided, it's going to suck period. The only person that's a jerk is the kind of person that is harsh about turning a person down. That's messed up. Like "sorry you're out of my league" or something like that is just plain evil & totally unnecessary.

• As a 21 year old turning into a man I feel that girls need to tell the guy straight out, whether they like him or not. By ignoring him you lead him on guy are on track thinkers and if you confuse us it leads us to anger and frustration. You will cause less harm if you say no rather than maybe and don't talk or text him.

• 2d

@Anony0006 its a long story, but once upon a time I had a female coworker actually like to be around me and she was like my shadow there for awhile. She found out I liked her, and done exactly whats wrote in this article to the T. I tried talking with her as if it didn't happen play if off, like nothing changed, but nothing. So?

• 2d

And when I did contact, she ignored and blocked me and there was some hostility too. Others would be like 'hey whats going on? Everything ok, you can cut the tension with a knife'

• Well it's very true that not talking to someone often means you simply don't want to. If it wasn't taken for hard to get this article wouldn't be nexessary.

However it feels really silly being broken down into five rather stupid reasons.

None if those are legitimate reasons for me to not talk to a person it's really immature and comes off as hyper irrational insecure and weak. Plus I'm too curious a person to just quit someone without discussing a thing.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 31

• Ignoring someone is not simply "i don't care about you". I pity those that read this article and feel "enlightened". no offence, if you can't read behaviour, being in a relationship it is going to be HARD. it happened 3 times with me to get ignored and it turned out to be one of these: 1. girl affraid, 2. girl did not know i like her back and 3. girl that had a jealous friend that was also crushing on me.

• Nothing new here, but at least they confirm my beliefs. For my experience, item 2 is the most probable to happen (even more if you have a jealousy friend-zoned female "friend" or a envious male "friend" who is more coward than you in approaching woman). Even though all items are true, for a man's perspective almost of them are silly reasons to not to talk to a guy, because a man would never stop talking to a female (friend or crushing) just because of rumors and lies.

• Women are more complex than that and i barely touched the tip of the iceberg in getting the hang of it, however these "5 reasons" have been written all over the place (internet) for as long as i can remember and are nowhere near the absolute truth that everyone should take note and guide their lifes based on these.

• I want to add one... maybe they started liking you and avoiding you

• @Moose2coolvargas true, this should be on the list as it happened to me several times.
      girls tend to shy out when they like someone and jump to conclusions easily making them act strange around the guy they like. And by strange i mean avoid him.

• How would you classify a friend, who knows that you like them, but doesn't feel the same attraction that you do. She stills likes you and asks you to hang out but not as much, and will accept your invites less than before but still often. She even invites you to go with her on vacation over xmas, but then suddenly becomes distant. You know something's wrong but she'd rather text anyone but you about, and its confusing because you don't know what you did wrong. How would one respond to that.

• It's a terrible situation. When the door slams shut.
    Focus on finding a 'nice girl' half your age, and move on.
    As long as you ignore her , she may contact you in a year or two.
    Perhaps she will be beaten up by her Edgy boyfriend, and need your help.
    Then you can reluctantly drop her off at some shelter before you go back to your smart young wife.

• This is so crazy Lol I've NEVER been through any of that. When a girl ignores me it's mostly because she doesn't want to prove everyone right that I'm a charmer and in the end she makes me promise not to tell anyone we've slept together even the White females who swear they have no attraction to Black guys or Mexican guys.

• @JamieLynnG @natanzuelo
    My main issue with this behaviour is from a moral perspective.
    Issues "1. She Feels Offended", doesn't justify ignore someone without give good cause or a change of defence - romantically or otherwise.
    Issue "2. A Mutual Friend Issue", hearsay is very immoral ground for pursing other people away, again regardless of the relation is romantically or not.
    Showing this kind of behaviour may be common, but also offensive and immortal.

• That's a bitch move.
    The key in a relationship is communication.
    Take communication away ( hence ignoring ) and the relationship is doomed.

It's over. Move on. Find someone better than that if you have to.

• 4d

Meh... Who cares why? Just drop her like a hot potato and never look back. She's not worth the second glance or the wondering why, they never are. Move on.

• Just because she does not like you in that way does not mean she can not still be civil to you like saying hi, hey etc

• man this MyTake was made two years ago, how were u able to scroll down this much lmao

• @cyndyrene

So in summary. Average guy in general civil to women whether he is attracted or not to her.

Average girl only show civility to guys they find attractive. Treat guys they don't find attractive as sub-human and are rude to them.

• @IamLouise an interesting take on this thank you

• 1d

I thought this was going to be about your girlfriend ignores you. Who cares if some girl you barely know ignores you.

• This was a pretty interesting read. I thought the best parts were, her feeling offended by checking out other girls and also the girls who like guys with an edge

• 6d

Nice one. I saw many interesting my takes lately. Most of the time there are only useless posts on here.

• Lets see
    1) She thinks I'm ugly
    2) She thinks I'm ugly
    3) She thinks I'm ugly
    4) She thinks I'm ugly
    5) She thinks I'm ugly

• there's always ugly females :)

• to be fair if it was just looks humans were interested in we'd go for attractive looking blow up dolls. I mean think about: even from a male perspective dumb blonde bimbos are still more appealing than somebody that can barely walk, talk or dress themselves but happens to have their appearance looked after for them. it's not even an emotional connection we're talking about here: people just tend to want somebody that's a functional human being.

so it's never really 'just looks'. confidence and other aspects will still be important, even if they play lesser roles than physical attractiveness.

• Good lord, all this time... this latest one see all my questions... Damn this is accurate I do believe

• A restraining order is usually a good sign she's not interested.

• I found this article interesting and informative. Thanks for writing!

• Everything makes sense now, it's all coming together😁

• If she already has a boyfriend, what is she doing, talking to another guy?

• 7d

... Do you have any good reasons that don't make your entire gender look rude and morally bankrupt?

• Show more from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 9

• ... I'm sure I'm not alone there.

It wood be much sinker to just respect abperson saying they don't want to talk to you instead if reading into it or coming up with reasons why. Just accept it. If it turns out to be a game that's totally in them not you.

People will have to learn to not say go away when they don't mean it, and others will have to learn to accept go means go that's it.

• Yeah I ignore guys if I have no interest in them, if they don't take the hint I'll be civil about it tell them. If I know that a guy has a girlfriend, I will not take his flirting seriously. If its a guy that has shown interest in me with no intention of ever talking to me, he'll hold my attention for a while and the longer he procrastinates I will eventually get fed up and move on. If he's that interested he would talk to me.

• why did they take away the ratings? This is five star ratings for sure. SOOOO true. Im tired of certain guys who think you ignore them ONLY because you secretly like them or the overrated ass theory you're "playing hard to get"

• so frigin tell them to fuck off!!
      The "hard to get" isn't a theory. If it was, none of those "how to get your man to go wild over you" shitty writings would include it. But since they do, it's quite legit. And as long as it is legit, men will always consider it a posibility, and act accordingly.
      So ironically you're blaming guys for problems made by girls. You are the passive agressive ones, you play hard to get. There's no "he" in there, you know.

So why don't you girls do the most simple thing in the world and tell him you're not interrested? It takes you 10 seconds and solves a lot of problems!

• But thats the problem: I tell them repeatedly Im not interested. What more can I possibly say? Plus LOL @ anyone who read books or magazine on how to get a guy/girl to like you. Its either the guy/girl like u or she doesn't. There's no trick or 123 steps to make someone like u (or whatever those pathetic article seem to "gurantee"). They get paid to write those stuff. Thats how I look @ it.

• I don't do that. I will be nice and say I'm not interested. I would only do that if I said no and he keeps on...

• 6d

Thank YOU! Thank you for tell the truth! It's sad that some men do not get it. Saves people the heartache.

• Ultimately communication will improve if we consistently hold people to their word.

Expect truth and there's less wiggle room for falsity.

• Thank you for posting this, I wish all guys understood why we ignore them and stop trying to flirt with us.

• Please don't ignore people it's rude. From personal experience, tell them your not interested. Every time I see the girl who lead me on then ignored me. When I see her face I get angry and hate her even more for the betrayal. So please just tell him.

• 6d

Nice take

• yeah most of this is pretty true