Do women care about looks less than men?

Do women care less about looks? Men usually care more about how attractive girls are. But women don't care as much if the guy isn't ugly. I mean women don't care that their partner is so handsome since he's not ugly and they care more about personality and status (having money). Of course this doesn't go for all women I mean most women.
But men focus more about beauty and a sexy body.
Again I know this doesn't go for all women, but most. And I'm not talking about someone ugly just someone average (not having a very attractive face but a normal one) (not having a very muscled body but a little bit fat or a little bit skinny)Do women care about looks less than men?
  • It's true
    Vote A
  • It's not true
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Hey that's not my personal opinion in fact I disagree.. it's just what most men think

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think we care about it more. The fact that men will fuck anyone who has a vagina no matter what they look like says a lot

4|3
    2|3
    • Well that's not true... I again don't mean all girls but I've noticed they're more attracted as you get $$

• Show All
    • I can’t put any links go look it up. It’s not hard to grab false data from the internet. I feel like a hot girl took your man cause you’re average looking

• @Nadim171 first you guys complain about women caring too much about looks then some of you guys say women don’t care much about looks which one is it? Lol that’ll be one of my next ques

• they did a study on that and the short answer is yes women care less about looks than men

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• "Do women care less about looks?" One thing I hate about such questions like this is because you're assuming every woman is the same and it's very demeaning. Like every other answer to the question, it is simply depending on the person's values, beliefs, faith, has morals Etc as individuals. It has nothing to do with the separation men and women. There a lustful men as there a lustful women. But women like me or not lustful after men just like there are some men that are not lustful after woman. That does not have anything to do with who's attracted to anybody. We just refuse to allow our lessons from nature make a decision is going to hurt everybody not just ourselves. Everybody deserve love, respect and affection. But lusting after a person because of their body is not the way to do it but people do it because they want what they want selfishly.

"Men usually care more about how attractive girls are. But women don't care as much if the guy isn't ugly." No offense, I don't know if you've been living underneath a rock lately but a lot of women these days of this Century do care if a guy is ugly or attractive in their eyes. Why because their lustful and due to the feminism movement they want a hot with any guy they find attractive just to have that baby, resources Etc. And not a lot of them are extremely loyal either. That is why I such women is envious of women like me because we don't use women and other people as an excuse for us to do what we do to men. We have respect for men as much as we respect ourselves and other people. And we want to be respected and loved back in return. We don't want to be loved for our body who want to be loved for our hearts.

"But men focus more about beauty and a sexy body." What you described is lustful man. That is not a true man. A true man sees the beauty of the heart of the person from the inside out and that should be displayed not just from the inside but as well as on an outside. A man may be a lot more observative such things, but he don't allow that to dictate his decisions and what kind of woman he really wants physically. That is why I stay away from such men that I like that because I know all that really does hurt me and then return it hurt other women who may want to not only receive his love but to give love back in return, but has been rejected based on how she looks. And this also applies for men too.

"Again I know this doesn't go for all women, but most. And I'm not talking about someone ugly just someone average (not having a very attractive face but a normal one) (not having a very muscled body but a little bit fat or a little bit skinny)." You need to really stop because that shows that you are very rude and inconsiderate of others. Who are you to judge who is ugly and who was attractive? You have no right to talk about other people that way. It has to do with your mindset not how you look. And if your mindset is unattractive no matter how physically pleasing you look aesthetically...

0|0
    0|0
    • - your still ugly to the eyes of the person who knows love, kindness and compassion. Light does not want to mix with Darkness.

• It's true. They care about looks to a certain degree, I mean the guy if he was not blessed with beauty, he should at least take care of himself and look respectful. But it's true, women are FAR less concerned then men.

2|1
    1|0
    • The only time a woman is concerned about other women looks is because she bitter and insecure and wants to tear down other self-esteem to feel better. I met many girls like that I thought I was crazy but I realize nope they are bitter and insecure because there are other people out there better looking then them it sad that they care this much.

• @NatashaJ I think the question was if women care about mens looks. Not about other women or their own

• Guys put more stock in looks because of their hormones. Testosterone is a major driving factor in how aroused we get by visual stimulus. Women have it in vastly smaller amounts than we do.

Have you ever wondered exactly why breasts, butts, legs, hips, and other features on a woman attract us so much? "Because they look good". But why? It is biological. It is like plumage on a bird. It makes them appear to be better mates even though our minds don't connect the dots logically. We just know the look attractive and it turns us on sexually.

Women have the same desires for a handsome man, and some women more so than others. I am guessing it because of their hormones as well. The thing is because they have less testosterone, they don't get overwhelmed with it and tend to balance it out with other features.

This is a problem that men need to overcome -- to control their visual desires and actually care about the other things women have to offer, just as women do for men. Why? Because how are you expected to make a woman feel special if all you are attracted to her is looks and a few common interests? You can make friends with common interests, and sex is better in a relationship (arguably) than it is in a one-night stand.

I believe men, deep down, want to be mentally stimulated too. They want to be desired, not just visually turned on. They want a partner who humors them, has good values and is just a great person to be around. Those things shouldn't just be icing on the cake, they are extremely important to maintaining a healthy relationship.

A man's drive makes them think that sex is mostly physical, but it is not. It is more mental than anything else. Why do you think some people are turned on by pain? It is a mental quirk. Why do you think women need to feel a certain way to be physically aroused for sex? It doesn't have to be romantic feelings, it could simply be mentally stimulated by the way a man acts towards her or his personality. Because there is a mind-body connection there. Why do men have trouble keeping an erection? Often times is because they have anxiety and can't relax -- a mental issue. Why do men sometimes suck at making love? Because they aren't present enough mentally to adapt to their lover.

So I would argue that both sexes care about "looks", but it is important to remember that there some things that matter just as much if not more so than looks. Perhaps men could take more a queue from women in this regard. That isn't to say that you should date or marry a woman who you are not physically attracted to. But you might be surprised how a woman's personality and values affect how you see her physically, whether she has a poor attitude or she is the most amazing person you know. At that point, even the small things stand out, like the way she crinkles her nose when she laughs, or how she sways her hips when she is feeling sexy. All of those things make a woman "look" more attractive, and the same goes for guys.

1|0
    1|0
  • They care just as much if not more
    They will always try for the hot guy bad boy... always

Then when they get a reality check cause they are not sexy enough for that guy and he just used her, then she finally gets it and goes for a guy on her level...
    Or they like to go a bit lower in scale but a guy that is well off... they love that too

0|2
    0|0
  • Simple

0|1
    0|0
  • I met more judgmental assholes both men and women when it came to appearance. Ugly chicks love to tear down prettier women and get mad if you point out the person they tearing down is better looking then them. There are some men who feel like women should dress up to appear better to them. I actually got that comment from nannying a friend's kid he literally told me I should dress better for him (he kept sexual harassing me) and after working for him I never contact him again. He was too busy talking about my body, whether or not I am dating or having sex and my appearance and didn't stop when I made it clear I didn't like it. I notice either it's a guy or girl who doesn't put effort into their appearance usually is the one telling others how their appearance (mostly women) should look. The stereotype of pretty people caring and judging people and hating on ugly people are not true. I think it was a salty bitch that made this stereotype because the people I find pretty, attractive etc are usually the nicest while average or below average tend to be rude towards me and others. But who knows maybe I am the pretty girl that ugly people hate because I am nice and pretty and it bothers them that I have good looks and kindness. I am surprised by this many people to consider me one of the nicest people you will get to know. BUT men need to put more effort in their appearance wearing make up doesn't make you gay and wearing nicer clothes won't kill you fuckers.

0|0
    0|0
    • But lets be clear if a pretty gold digger is cocky you can't blame her for being a cocky little bitch who pretty. Nowadays if you see someone hot and ignorant is because some dumb idiotic men fed her ego and now she cocky. A perfect example of this is Kim K I do think nowadays she very arrogance and kim and her family think they can do whatever they want it annoying I stop being a fan after the whole Instagram sponsor scandal and how Kylie Jenner acts in general and no one in her family thinks Kylie behaviour is problematic. After what Rob did to his ex? yeah their family can go to hell they think they can do what they please can't wait when they wash up and forgotten. If you feed into someone ego and keep giving them rewards for doing nothing just being pretty, of course, they be cocky and vain. I don't get why guys don't get this if you don't want your partner to use you and be cocky then don't treat her like a princess at first get to know her personality and if she turns shallow and keep burning your money dump her.

• arrogant*

• It's not that they care less about looks. It's that women place more value in skills, attributes, personality, and ability to provide for a family than they do in the guy looking like a male model.

4|1
    2|1
    • Stop telling bullshit we know how it is :)

• Show All
    • Then you haven’t met the right woman. I’m more of an internet girl and I’ve fell in love with a guy on the internet (mostly when I played PC games) and it wasn’t even about looks. I liked him before he even showed me what he looked like. He was afraid to show me, I told him it was okay cause I liked him either way.

So yes it not really about looks, not to me anyway.
      Not all women are like that, we’re all individually different

• Wow 1 girl out of how many girls out there? doesn't change that women do the same game all the time.

• It depends on the person view of relationships or guys /girl. My experience in past most of my ex boyfriend were all jerks. Finely found good respectful guy. That I have good relationships. Every relationship is different. No one is same. Every different experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • What do you think? They chase fashion trends, they wear make up, they have body image issues because they some girl on Instagram or in a movie, they wear fake finger nakes, they dye their hair to get a different image, they wear fake eye color contacts, they get plastic surgery, they wear heels to make themselves taller, they whiten their teeth at home, etc. Are men doing this stuff? Who’s really focusing on looks?

0|0
    0|0
  • Even If I was really rich, I would never date a girl who wanted me for my money or “status” (status: an artificial social construct) and no I don’t think that most guys or most girls care most about those to things

0|1
    0|0
    • I think that’s the main reason why some guys and girls are saying women care about looks less. They think most of us care about cash and status

• I don’t think that about the overwhelming majority of girls but there is a very small minority and I hate them

• I care about looks. I dated a not so attractive guy once and he ended up being a dick.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well yeah again ugly is different, but $$ makes anyone look great...+ they're all black right?

• Show All
    • I do... I don't have to know them in real life.

• Yeah like I said you don’t know them.

• Women are very insecure creatures.

So yes they do care about looks of everything.

To guys they care but we aren't obsessed with it

0|3
    0|0
  • Can’t speak for other women but I care about looks way too much.

0|2
    0|0
  • I dunno. Personally I really don't care about a girls looks as relationships won't survive off that alone.
    Women are usually pressured more by society and other women to look that way then by guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • A woman wouldn’t say no to a handsome caring man. Lol. a Gentle boyfriend is nice but a gentle handsome boyfriend is better. The only reason why men have more chance to date beautiful women is because most of these women aren’t really pretty, ( they use cosmetic surgery, and a bunch of make up). It’s hard for a man to hide his imperfections like a woman. Look isn’t everything but it certainly make a huge difference, in both genders. And even some men started to notice that, because now that women are more independent financially they understood that providing security isn’t the only tool to attract them so they start to use some cosmetics, and to workout, because they can’t use make up to hide their imperfections.

1|2
    0|0
    • This is y guys like me never have a chance. We just aren't good enough in looks so why be with people if some thats the same but better looking comes along then you leave for them. Its all about the next best thing. Girls say guys are pigs but women are worse.

• I never said that we women aren’t loyal. I just said that even women have the right to have standards when it’s come about look.

• The issue is women ditch guys like me for ones with better looks with everything else being the same. So no women are less loyal then men by a long shot and i would put my life on the line on that fact

• No. I need to be physically attracted to date someone.

0|1
    0|0
  • On average, yes. There is a reason why female models tend to greatly out earn male ones.

0|2
    1|2
  • Its not true u blue pilled idiotes
    Watch Face and LMS on youtube and open your eyes

0|0
    1|0
  • No everyone is equally more or less individually a bit narcissistic

0|0
    0|0
  • It's because women have various categories (resources, social status, personality etc) . It's men who care more about looks

0|0
    0|0
  • It's true, since women are all about money and their hypergamy has spiraled out of control.

0|1
    2|0
  • No. Look how many matches just an average looking girl will get on Tinder vs an average looking guy.

0|1
    0|0
    • I think he's referring to long-term mating (boyfriend/husband) not short -term mating (hookups as demonstrated by tinder)

• It’s mostly true.

1|2
    1|3
    • When looking for a relationship, looks are important but not that important. When you’re hooking up, looks are very important.

• Show All
    • @gothgirl997 in my opinion, it’s ok to just care about looks when you’re hooking up. That’s the whole point. But I think people of both sexes should care about more than just looks when you’re looking for a boyfriend or girlfriend.

• @Americanchick87 it’s awesome that all your boyfriends have been hot. But basing your whole relationship solely on looks is a recipe for disaster. Trust me, I’ve done that.

• I care about looks

1|3
    0|0
  • Of course we do care.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry but who wears make-up?

1|0
    0|0
  • Not true

0|0
    0|0
  • Your question gave you time to find out how many women are out there that do not care about looks, now you disgrace us and put us in the exact same box as you do with other women. Why don’t you understand that every woman is different. Like you said I’m 1 out of how many?

I fell in love with a man without even seeing his face. His personality was on the spot and it attracted me.

(In the gaming community this is common, I a gamer myself, can tell you that)

Not going to bother with a stubborn man (bad qualities). Peace out

1|0
    0|0
    • Well I also fell in love with a girl online before I even saw her face.

• Of course it's true
    That's why you see many good-looking girls with average and below average guys and not vice versa
    Guys only care about looks and about f**ing the best supermodel

"We are visual creatures"
    "that's evolution"
    Their words speak for themselves
    I expect to get one or two smarties protesting about my comment but it's the truth

0|2
    1|1
  • Men are more visually stimulated, but women are just as (if nor more shallow) than men.
    They have a narrower margin of what they find visually attractive. But when they do, they are a million times more perverse, and sexually aggressive than any male.

1|1
    1|0
  • True just look at how much ass Harvey Weinstein got in return for movie roles.

0|1
    1|0
  • No, I think they care are much but maybe they just do not express it as much as women

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.. because if we paid more attention to looks then we would NEVER be able to feel attracted to any man!!

1|1
    2|2

Recommended myTakes