Hitting CTRL+Z on Closed Questions

DiogoRibeiro
Hitting CTRL+Z on Closed Questions

As part of an effort to make GirlsAskGuys even more valuable for our community, we introduced the ability to close a question a while ago.

The rationale behind Closed Questions was that you could close a question once you were satisfied with the opinions, allowing us to give space to new questions that needed attention. Ultimately, the idea was to balance supply and demand between questions and the most valuable thing our great community produces: opinions.

But, when we poured over the data from the past few months, it became clear that the number of opinions isn't necessarily related to the amount of questions asked. A social network is something wonderful and complex because people too are wonderful and complex.

This is why we decided to stop closing questions automatically. Askers will still be able to do it if they feel they got the help and opinions they needed for their questions, of course. On top of that, we have reopened all the questions automatically closed so you can take full control of the content you created.

Last but not least, we have reverted back to the daily asking limits for creating questions. Please check this updated FAQ entry to learn more.

Hitting CTRL+Z on Closed Questions
7
19
7Girl Opinion
19Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

618
  • dangerDoge
    Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Hans222

Thanks for sharing the rationale and some evaluations on the closing questions change. My experience learns that hardly any opinion (comments) come in after the first week a question is live.
    So closing a question automatically after 7 days would probably only have a minor influence on the number of posts.

Reply
  • madhatters4

i like this change

Reply
  • jp612612

YES! I can finally answer that "Star Trek" question that closed six months ago with no opinions. It used to tease me every day knowing I wanted to answer it but couldn't. The thing is, now I can't find it.

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • YourFutureEx

Thanks Diogo and other devs :)

Now hit the ctrl+z on private opinion too because they don't make sense right now. They're nothing but facsimiled private messages. We cannot even choose them as MHO. And people like me feel uncomfortable in 'messaging' someone or replying to such messages. They often go out of the topic (while on questions, people are more inclined to stay on the original topic).

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Falling4UTC

I kind of want an option of permanently deleting questions from the site. I know there's at the very least ten questions I wish I could delete and have them gone from gag forever

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Yumix

didn't see that one coming... oh, wait! I literally said that once you look at your data, you'll go back shortly after you introduced it lmao

it pissed everyone off, didn't do what you want and was especially at the beginning poorly implemented. I'm glad it's gone.

Reply
  • menina

It's good to know that now our questions can remain open for more time. I didn't like the idea of having to close my questions, when I didn't have enough answers.
    Good job!

Reply
  • Girly1710

Frickin finally. Can't believe it took this long 🙄

Like 3 People
    Reply
  • sovetskii13

I am very happy about this change. This will make GirlsAskGuys more helpful and enjoyable.
    Thank you.

Reply
  • ΉOMO_乇尺乇CTU丂

lol after reading the titles, am i the only dumb one who hit ctrl+z expecting something cool to happen? Please say no im dumb 2

Like 3 People
    Reply
    • jp612612

I admit, I did several times. I thought that they had done some sort of cool Javascript programming to capture the Ctrl+Z and bring up the feature.

• BubbleQueen

Awesome! This will help me find quality opinions on my questions! :)

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • Raymond_Reddington

About fucking time. Now give us the ability to like and dislike opinion comments!

Like 2 People
    Reply
  • scooogy

And what about the "Most helpful opinions" chosen in automatically closed questions? Are these undone as well?

Like 1 Person
    Reply
  • TripleAce

Awesome, as long as the data supports it why not
    Sounds great. Two thumbs up

Reply
  • CyberToothTiger

Thank you ! Glad GAG made this change and or update.

Reply
  • pooper89

It doesn't take analysis to know this.

LikeDisagree 6 People
    Reply
  • dogbert444

Nice one!! Thanks!!

Reply
  • Anpu23

Sounds good!

Reply
  • Bandit74

I approve!
    Great job (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

Reply
  • Show More (4)